FOnline second open test started

They didn't release it all in English probably because the developers are Russian and want the game to be enjoyed by both gaming communities. This is an open beta, so i assume something will be done about the language differences in the future (hopefully), like offering different servers, or different "clans" within the servers.

Eve` said:
Does anyone have any idea how I can sell my car? When I ask the guy to buy it, he says I should park it in his garage ... but I have no idea how to do that :(

Take the car to New Reno -- then click the Town|World button, and choose the Gas Station. Your car should be parked there, now.

As for why it's in russian - simply put, most involved in the project have only a very loose grasp of english. The project needs Russian to English translators ASAP, so if you can do that, please volunteer.

seriously.. People complaining about the russian, understand this is all community made.. theres no english because english people havent helped as much.

respect the russians for giving us this dreamgame and we will work together to create the perfect balance..

i am FULLY against the seperatism of culture and language,we are all one together in the wasteland.. what do we make seperate server for portuguese? or german?

Long live the wastes. Clans are for the insecure..

when the full version comes out, watch out for the lone ranger...

^ Pretty much agreed.

Not like I care, I could understand Russian or German or english =)

Are Yamatos still available in the game? I wanna make a samurai character =))

Ausdoerrt said:
^ Pretty much agreed.

Not like I care, I could understand Russian or German or english =)

Are Yamatos still available in the game? I wanna make a samurai character =))

Swords, switchblades, and even Little Jesus Daggers are sold in shops.

coliphorbs said:
Eve` said:
Does anyone have any idea how I can sell my car? When I ask the guy to buy it, he says I should park it in his garage ... but I have no idea how to do that :(

Take the car to New Reno -- then click the Town|World button, and choose the Gas Station. Your car should be parked there, now.

As for why it's in russian - simply put, most involved in the project have only a very loose grasp of english. The project needs Russian to English translators ASAP, so if you can do that, please volunteer.

Ahh, thanks :)

Ausdoerrt said:
They didn't release it all in English probably because the developers are Russian and want the game to be enjoyed by both gaming communities. This is an open beta, so i assume something will be done about the language differences in the future (hopefully), like offering different servers, or different "clans" within the servers.

We didn't released it all in english because we found not enough translators. I also asked a lot times for people who want to help but mostly nothing happened. We have not enough people who can speak russia and english and are willing to help with the translation.

This is the reason and not that some 14 years old morons (who never have done something for FOnline) don't want to have english speaking people in FOnline.

That wasn't really the point of my question though...more like, if they were planning on releasing the game outside of Russia then maybe they should have focused primarily on finding translators and not leave it as an afterthought.

And frankly they must have done a sloppy job in looking cause I bet that there are TONS of people out there who are good at both English/Russian and who would be more than willing to translate.

It was never planed. It is still "just fan made". Also the interest from the english speaking part of the world was pretty low, like I wrote a few pages back.

If you know TONS of people who are good at both languages and would be willing to translate, please send them to us. ;)

Naminator5 said:
Probably the most safest, but slowest way to gain experience is by crafting things. Once you get a hatchet and a knife you can make all kinds of sharp poles, 50 experience each (every minute). The poles don't sell for much though, like only 1 each. Spears/Sledges also aren't really worth making unless you're a melee user or if you want to help beginners.

If you have the patience, and the trees, you could probably power level just by doing that.

is there any other requierments than a tree, hatchet and knife. I got the firewood from a tree. now what is the next step lol

So, the beta is almost over i hear...

An afterthought though; wouldn't it be possible to let poor translators translate it and then let it be re-written by some creative writers, who only possess proper english knowledge?

Lexx said:
Just for fun and maybe also because you looked like a english speaker.

What was the name of the guy? Maybe we can find him... then we can shoot him too.

I don't remember his name, but that was English name, not Russian.

Spoonfeed said:
So, the beta is almost over i hear...

An afterthought though; wouldn't it be possible to let poor translators translate it and then let it be re-written by some creative writers, who only possess proper english knowledge?

This is already being done.

Have we got any word on when it does finish? Just wondering if its worth bothering starting a new character.

The open test ends when the server crash bug is fixed. Server 1 is down again at the moment, so it will still need some time. ;)

I personally would count on Sunday.

ollebanska said:
Naminator5 said:
Probably the most safest, but slowest way to gain experience is by crafting things. Once you get a hatchet and a knife you can make all kinds of sharp poles, 50 experience each (every minute). The poles don't sell for much though, like only 1 each. Spears/Sledges also aren't really worth making unless you're a melee user or if you want to help beginners.

If you have the patience, and the trees, you could probably power level just by doing that.

is there any other requierments than a tree, hatchet and knife. I got the firewood from a tree. now what is the next step lol

You use Fixboy to make the Sharpened Pole.

If you have rope, rock, and flint (and at least 6 strength), you could also make spears. The rope and rock are the tools, and the flint and sharpened pole is always used in producing it.

Lastly, ignore what I said before, spears and sledges are worth it, especially if you have good bartering skills.

Lexx said:
The open test ends when the server crash bug is fixed. Server 1 is down again at the moment, so it will still need some time. ;)

I personally would count on Sunday.

Ah, then I'm in the weird situation of hoping for more instability, heh :)

I have question where i can find some energy weapons ?? can i get some of it from random encouters like figthing npc near new reno?? if not has someone some plasma rifle to sell for normal price in server 2??

Back