funniest moments from fallout games

probably_not_a_mutie

First time out of the vault
My favorite would have to be if you rant at renesco the looks he gives you like so -villagerant- :shock: -morerants- :shock: -rantmentionsgeck--renescotriestochangesubject-morerant- :shock:

I liked the Jagged Jimmy J dialogue (I think it was him). When you agree to buy some Jet from him, he says something like, "I'll sell you some, but no need to pull out that fancy screen with all those wires" and sells to you inside the dialogue screen instead. A very small thing, but I found it funny.

Annoying Renesco the Rocketman was also fun.

Dropping a landmine on a guy who just dag up his own grave.Oh and when some NCR trooper says "I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum.....lucky for you i got one more stick left",the bridge keeper is hilarious,and the shuttle encounter is a must for a trek fan as the old saying goes "If its red its gonna be dead"

This topic is pretty old but I think that it's better to dig it up then to post a completely new one. Just vat me if I'm wrong, but remember that it was an honest mistake.

I really liked this once you've finished the game. Not especially "Fallout" or anything, but quite funny. It happens when you visit the Corsican bros once the game is over.

scr00021.jpg

probably_not_a_mutie said:
My favorite would have to be if you rant at renesco the looks he gives you like so -villagerant- :shock: -morerants- :shock: -rantmentionsgeck--renescotriestochangesubject-morerant- :shock:

Renesco IS priceless. Some of the best Dialogues in FO2. I also like the drunk priest in New Reno...

I never found Harold that funny...

Whole playthrough of a low intelligence character is pretty funny. ;)

I also really had to laugh, when I played Fallout 1 for the first time long time ago, I had the german version first (until I later switched to the better english version) with no gore and death animations etc. At the end of the game, the VD eventually pulled a gun out of his pocket when the overseer sent him to an exile and ripped the whole body apart. :shock: At this point I didn't know that original Fallout was so gory (german version was censored) and that really made me in stitches becuase it was so ridicolously gory. ;D

The gate guard conversation in Junktown in FO1.

For some reason, "It's going to cause me some severe mental trauma" is the funniest sentence in the history of the english language to me. Out of context or in, it always makes me laugh. I try to work it in to every real world conversations as often as possible.

Surf Solar said:

I also really had to laugh, when I played Fallout 1 for the first time long time ago, I had the german version first (until I later switched to the better english version) with no gore and death animations etc. At the end of the game, the VD eventually pulled a gun out of his pocket when the overseer sent him to an exile and ripped the whole body apart. :shock: At this point I didn't know that original Fallout was so gory (german version was censored) and that really made me in stitches becuase it was so ridicolously gory. ;D

Yeah, I can imagine that the contrast would be striking. But, correct me if I'm wrong, that only happens with Bloody Mess trait? Is there even a point to Bloody Mess in the "no-gore" version (other than for the overseer at the end) since all it does is boost the gore?

Little Robot said:
Surf Solar said:

Yeah, I can imagine that the contrast would be striking. But, correct me if I'm wrong, that only happens with Bloody Mess trait? Is there even a point to Bloody Mess in the "no-gore" version (other than for the overseer at the end) since all it does is boost the gore?

Clearly we need a "no fallout" option, where the world leaders kept calm and rational and there was no need for panic or strife.

It'd make for a boring game, tho.

That guy outside the cat's paw was pretty funny, but I never saw "deathclaw booty" inside. And after you make a film at golden globes, hookers will sometimes say, "I dropped something in your pants, let me get it out."

Ah and of course, when Marcus said "i am NOT a merry mutant" ... i absolutely love this classic Worf line and i giggled like a schoolgirl when marcus said that. Too bad it was no voiced line. The "wretched hive of scum and villainy" is mentioned in FO1, 2 AND Arcanum. It kinda gets old, ya know ;)

Dumb character playthrough BoS quest in F1.

"Guard points to the pills in his hand. He then points to his mouth and proceeds to rub his stomach. Guard says YUM".

BoS guards attempt to tell you to take RadAway before hitting the glow.

Back