Games You're Looking Forward To

The Dark Eye looks stunning. And since I enjoyed their previous adventure game, "The whispered world" this could turn out great.

I just hope they hired better voice actors this time around.

16iuxxs.jpg

http://www.satinavs-ketten.de/en

Finding out about this game also reminded me of an old adventure game with the same name that I must now replay because I thought it was absolutely awesome at the time and because apparently the amazing William S. Burroughs was involved (I didn't yet know Old Bull Lee back in 1995).

The_Dark_Eye_Coverart.png

edit:
Burroughs reading Poe's "Mask of the red death" in The Dark Eye

[spoiler:8501725a29]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONV0aF5RATI[/youtube]
This is so awesome.
[/spoiler:8501725a29]

Well it seems that Aliens Colonial Marines has been delayed... again.
Its now planned for this fall.

I guess the good thing will be that I won't be distracted by it during the upcoming work training period though I am pretty sure it would probably disappoint.

Alphadrop said:
The Dutch Ghost said:
Its now planned for this fall.

I read that as fail, freudian slip or a glimpse of the future? :V

Truth be told, I would not be surprised.
I really do expect that it will be a very generic squad based shooter, quite linear in design, with scripted scenes and cut scenes to extend the time you take to go through them.

Nothing against cinematics in a game but if that replaced big levels for player to go through and explore, then I rather see less of them.

I'm looking forward to Colonial Marines, the best part of the new AvP was the Marine section, mostly because it was nostalgic for me, I loved Aliens. The way the guns sounded, the beeping of the sensors, and the overall feel of the setting was awesome... even though the rest of the game was meh.

I seeing on wikipedia, that Silent Hill 2 and 3 are being re-released ala MGS HD bundle. I've always wanted to play 2, as I've heard good things about the atmosphere and story.

Got my eyes fixed on 'Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning'. It sure looks sweet. It will be out in a week or so, planning to get my hands on it as soon as possible.

Serge 13 said:
Got my eyes fixed on 'Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning'. It sure looks sweet. It will be out in a week or so, planning to get my hands on it as soon as possible.

It's by R.A Salvatore, Todd McFarlane and the lead designer of Oblivion, I wouldn't expect it to be the most original story. Heck the first mission has you killing rats... that's so retro.

Quite interested in the new SSX game caming out, looks like the SSX we all know and love, well if you like snowboarding games.

Alphadrop said:
Serge 13 said:

It's by R.A Salvatore, Todd McFarlane and the lead designer of Oblivion, I wouldn't expect it to be the most original story. Heck the first mission has you killing rats... that's so retro.

Quite interested in the new SSX game caming out, looks like the SSX we all know and love, well if you like snowboarding games.
Man, if I were a game dev, I'd trick the fuck out of the players. I'd set up the tutorial so that after you learn basic movement controls, you'd enter a room with 2 or 3 giant rats in it. And you'd be all like "Shit I gotta punch out these giant rats" and you'd just walk towards them and then it would turn out they're actually some sort of species that hunts giant rats and humanoids by mimicking the appearance of a giant rat. So when you get close, their mouths rip open into some sort of Predator-esque mandibles and they grow scythes out of their shoulders. Then I'd teach the player shit like sprinting and jumping by having him flee from these really tough enemies.

Anyway, on topic, I'm waiting for The Darkness 2. Seems like a pretty upgraded sequel. Free roaming's gone, I think, but there's some new RPG elements and abilities, so I think it evens out.

Serge 13 said:

I plan on getting it as well, but I am broke. Let us know how good it is please.

Alphadrop said:
Heck the first mission has you killing rats... that's so retro.

What did you expect from a tutorial like mission?! Board the Apollo Dragon 13?!

TorontRayne said:
I plan on getting it as well, but I am broke. Let us know how good it is please.

Will do, Gametrailers does have a pretty solid preview though, you might wanna check that out.

maximaz said:
Huh? Is that a remake? I freaking loved Dark Eye.

Nope it's a totally different game, I wouldn't mind a GoG re-release of the 1995 game since I found it far from easy to get it to run properly on a modern computer :)

Back