Games You're Looking Forward To

RE5 coop made it awesome. Also, punching zombies was more fluid than the theatrical Leon kicks.

RE5 made investing into an XBox 360 worth it by itself.

brandonhart61 said:
A sixth Resident Evil!? I love the series but I just think it's getting ridiculous now. So... there's no zombies which is understandable because they went in 4 (which is one awesome game), the las plagas virus thing game back again as ouroborus (mind my spelling) in 5 and Wesker was finally defeated in 5. But how can the las plagas/ouroborus thing come back again with Wesker defeated and the virus destroyed?

I just think Capcom is trying to capitalise on a once great series by making more sequels. 6 will have no story in my opinion, just mindless action and unarmed combat that we saw in the trailer that people would like from 5. What I would really like and I think would be very successful would be a remake of Resident Evil 1 and 2 for consoles (maybe not so much 1 because that got a cube remake) but 2 is dying for a remake, one of the best games ever.

What trailer did you watch, dude?

maximaz said:
brandonhart61 said:
A sixth Resident Evil!? I love the series but I just think it's getting ridiculous now. So... there's no zombies which is understandable because they went in 4 (which is one awesome game), the las plagas virus thing game back again as ouroborus (mind my spelling) in 5 and Wesker was finally defeated in 5. But how can the las plagas/ouroborus thing come back again with Wesker defeated and the virus destroyed?

I just think Capcom is trying to capitalise on a once great series by making more sequels. 6 will have no story in my opinion, just mindless action and unarmed combat that we saw in the trailer that people would like from 5. What I would really like and I think would be very successful would be a remake of Resident Evil 1 and 2 for consoles (maybe not so much 1 because that got a cube remake) but 2 is dying for a remake, one of the best games ever.

What trailer did you watch, dude?

Seriously. It appears to be the classic T-Virus zombies not the other kind. The story for RE 4 and 5 was pretty good. They have already made a remake of RE 1 for gamecube, and it was very well done. I think the Resident Evil series needs to focus on the future instead of more remakes. Capcom is going to capitalize off of Resident Evil. That is their job. Most of the games in the series are pretty good. Only a few have been garbage- Survivor, Gaiden, Outbreak.....

I didn't see Wesker at all in the trailer, so I don't know what you are talking about.

Alphadrop said:
He was talking about Resident Evil 5 when refering to Wesker.

Oh. I need to start reading more carefully.

Resident Evil 6 looks awesome though. I hope Wesker stays gone. The series needs to progress forward, and I think they are attempting to do that. RE 4 and 4 were very good games, but I felt they were too action orientated. The game needs to stick to it's horror theme. I couldn't be happier as a Resident Evil fan. I am about to pick up a 3DS to play the new one on that.

Alphadrop said:
He was talking about Resident Evil 5 when refering to Wesker.

Current rumor is that the new guy who talks about blood in the trailer is Alex Wesker, one of the clones that gets mentioned in RE5.

I'm not so sure, it makes some sense, but it could just as easily be someone else, like HUNK.

And now I know that

[spoiler:e9be0b9e3a] Wesker dies in RE5 [/spoiler:e9be0b9e3a]

that's just tip top. I mean sure, I'm taking my sweet ass time getting around to picking it up and giving it a go, but COME ON (truth be told I'm just being dramatic)! Anyway, if a game involves killing zombies or something resembling a zombie I'm all for it.

As for games I'm looking forward to, I look forward to the day that I gain the impetus to pick Skyrim back up. I'm really not that far at all - I went off adventuring to one corner of the map and at some point during a quest the game from and for some reason I just haven't really picked it back up since. I get this way with games though, play the absolute hell out of them for a period and then place them down for ages.

It'll be all well and dandy if they can make the sixth game work for the series but as far as I know, it'd just be more insane B.O.W's with crazy abilities like extending arms that can go about 15 metres (Stetch Armstrong!) and guns attached to their bodies that look like they belong in Duke Nukem and I'm glad the the regular T Virus zombies will be back in some way, but I still find it hard to work out how they managed to come back after an ass whooping in 4 games (1,2,3, code v, and remember that a city of them was destroyed in 3).

I love the series but if this game ends up being bad, I'll hope the Resi series can end peacefully without any more sequels involving secret agents and martial arts choreography and unrealistically persistent new villains and their hair-brained schemes of reanimating the virus somehow and seeking world domination. I want the game to fit in with the others, regardless if the traditional zombies died anyway in 4, not just filled with mindless zombie killing action which made me hate the movie versions of the games. As far as I know, while 4 and 5 were great games, it should have ended with 5.

brandonhart61 said:
It'll be all well and dandy if they can make the sixth game work for the series but as far as I know, it'd just be more insane B.O.W's with crazy abilities like extending arms that can go about 15 metres (Stetch Armstrong!) and guns attached to their bodies that look like they belong in Duke Nukem and I'm glad the the regular T Virus zombies will be back in some way, but I still find it hard to work out how they managed to come back after an ass whooping in 4 games (1,2,3, code v, and remember that a city of them was destroyed in 3).

I love the series but if this game ends up being bad, I'll hope the Resi series can end peacefully without any more sequels involving secret agents and martial arts choreography and unrealistically persistent new villains and their hair-brained schemes of reanimating the virus somehow and seeking world domination. I want the game to fit in with the others, regardless if the traditional zombies died anyway in 4, not just filled with mindless zombie killing action which made me hate the movie versions of the games. As far as I know, while 4 and 5 were great games, it should have ended with 5.

Resident Evil isn't going anywhere. It is Capcom's biggest cash cow other than Street Fighter and MvsC. I think the latest Resident Evil games coming out are worthy additions to the series. I do see where you are coming from though on a few things. I hope 6 revitalizes the franchise enough to make it stick out. I am anxiously waiting for more news about it.

God, please no more Albert Wesker, I hate the fucking asshole.
He is such a big cliché that his return or a clone of him would already drag any future Resi game down several notches.

[spoiler:0bc2782c73]I hated the whole revelation that Umbrella wanted to 'evolve' humanity, their bio weapons research just being some side project. Or the nonsense that is project Wesker, I think one of the developers played 'MGS' to much and thought 'Hey I want to do this stuff to in Resident evil, convoluted storylines and all'.[/spoiler:0bc2782c73]

generalissimofurioso said:
I'm not so sure, it makes some sense, but it could just as easily be someone else, like HUNK.

Hope not, one of the main draws of HUNK is that he's always wearing armour and a gas mask, doesn't speak much and is essentially the Boba Fett of Resident Evil.

The Dutch Ghost said:
He is such a big cliché that his return or a clone of him would already drag any future Resi game down several notches.

[spoiler:47367ae402]I hated the whole revelation that Umbrella wanted to 'evolve' humanity, their bio weapons research just being some side project. Or the nonsense that is project Wesker, I think one of the developers played 'MGS' to much and thought 'Hey I want to do this stuff to in Resident evil, convoluted storylines and all'.[/spoiler:47367ae402]

Agreed. In the beginning he was cliche and it just got worse. My favorite RE line is:

What!? What is this?

What is it?

Blood! You go and see if you can find any clues in the other rooms, I'll take care of this. Hope this is not Chris's blood.

The voice acting has gotten a lot better at least.

The Dutch Ghost said:

Don't know why, but that cracked me up pretty hard! :rofl:

But I concur, his personality was getting kind of backwards. It's just too much of a cliché for nowadays games and such.

A source online said that Sherry Birkin may be the blonde in the RE 6 trailer.

TorontRayne said:

downpour-613-014.jpg

The scarred guy running around with the blonde girl is a guy with the name "Beards Nevence," and apparently he has the cure in his blood.

Leon's partner is Helena Harper

Though, I can't help but think that Ashley is the blonde girl, particularly if the President is President Graham. Both Sherry and Ashley would have a vested interest in the events, though Ashley might have a more personal reason if the President is her father...

heheh...

PRESIDENT EVIL...

DevilTakeMe said:
TorontRayne said:

downpour-613-014.jpg

The scarred guy running around with the blonde girl is a guy with the name "Beards Nevence," and apparently he has the cure in his blood.

Leon's partner is Helena Harper

Though, I can't help but think that Ashley is the blonde girl, particularly if the President is President Graham. Both Sherry and Ashley would have a vested interest in the events, though Ashley might have a more personal reason if the President is her father...

heheh...

PRESIDENT EVIL...

I sure hope it isn't Ashley, she pissed many a gamer off during Resident Evil 4, including me. Of course the hilarious 'pervert' moment when Leon can look up her skirt is a great moment between the two. She made the game almost unbearable. But It most likely isn't her as the president is most likely paranoid of zombies that might kidnap her and hold her hostage for brains which are to be delivered to them by 5:00 am tomorrow morning otherwise they do the atomic bop with his daughter (can zombies hold people hostage?). I bet Mr. President and Leon had a beer or two afterwards, for the President being surprised anyone could rescue his stupid daughter who runs into obviously placed traps on the wall and getting in the way of gunshots.

Incidentally, does the moment in the trailer when someone says "Mr President?" as the zombie president is shuffling towards them remind them of the cancelled 'House of Reanimator' movie when Herbert West reanimates the dead vice president into a zombie?

I know it's already been out forever, but I'm quite looking forward to playing Torchlight. I downloaded it right before all my stuff went into storage last may. Want. Console. Back.

Wesker at the end of RE5 pissed me off, with his comic book villain attitude of wanting to change the world for the better. But he's as a dead as Dillinger, capcom has confirmed that.

If my assumption is correct, the outbreaks in RE6 seem to be perpetrated by a group other than Umbrella or Tricell and in RE5 they talk about the effects of Umbrella's fall and how the BOW black market spread to smaller groups and even countries at that point, so I would like to see them play with that.

Well from the trailer we saw it seems the whole biohazard crisis seems to have become global now, Washington seems to be hit but also places in Europe.

I rather like the idea that its now terrorists groups who are causing the problems rather than the stereotypical evil super corporations.
Okay terrorists are still a stereotype but at least their goals are not to evolve humanity through genetic engineered viruses.

Back