Games You're Looking Forward To

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City looks pretty cool. I have been waiting for a game like this to come out for awhile. Resident Evil 4 and 5 were ok, but I miss the real zombies.

Metro: Last Light
Darksiders 2
Bordelands 2
C&C Generals 2
Diablo 3
Max Payne 3
Assassin's Creed 3
Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War 3

Makenshi said:
Metro: Last Light
Darksiders 2
Bordelands 2
C&C Generals 2
Diablo 3
Max Payne 3
Assassin's Creed 3

As a fan of the Max Payne games, I'm a bit nervous at the idea of Rockstar of shifting from film noir New York to... well the slums of Brazil. It could ruin the entire experience.

From what I've seen on trailers, it's pretty clear that the game won't be entirely in the slums, but in many places of São Paulo. Don't remember if posting such a link is forbidden here (let me know and I'll remove, admins), but check this post:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16320567&postcount=1

Also, take a look at São Paulo's night:

[spoiler:7a61e0350c]
1796375607_0016cf594c_z.jpg

4942137548_36c05811de.jpg

336723883_f8b42a8de7_z.jpg

5795352274_e6284ecf72_z.jpg
[/spoiler:7a61e0350c]

Can be very Max Payne, right?

Resident Evil 6 looks pretty interesting. Story will most certainly suck but there seems to be a fuckton of variety.

maximaz said:
Resident Evil 6 looks pretty interesting. Story will most certainly suck but there seems to be a fuckton of variety.

I haven't heard anything on it! What have you read?!

TorontRayne said:
maximaz said:

I haven't heard anything on it! What have you read?!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmC1lZeQad4[/youtube]

Leon + Zombies = Win

Holy fucking shit RE6 blew me away! :eek:

They pretty much gave me everything I wanted in a future Resident Evil game. That is my MUST HAVE for 2012. I am a Resident Evil fanatic!

Well RE6 looks more in line with RE4 than with RE5, wich is good, very good, RE5 was fun, but it wasn't REish, I am not too crazy about the slide while shooting bits. The guy that makes all those crazy melee moves si obviously infected with something like Wesker so I am fine with that.
Is that Blond Girl Ashley? because she sounded kidn of like her.

Walpknut said:
Well RE6 looks more in line with RE4 than with RE5, wich is good, very good, RE5 was fun, but it wasn't REish, I am not too crazy about the slide while shooting bits. The guy that makes all those crazy melee moves si obviously infected with something like Wesker so I am fine with that.
Is that Blond Girl Ashley? because she sounded kidn of like her.

I'm not sure who it was. Either Ashley or someone else like Sherry Birkin? I'm not sold on the sliding either. Depends on how it is utilized. The guy who has the virus in him looks pretty interesting. I want more info now. This is great!

Darksiders 2

So I'm not the only one who actually liked the first game. People ceaselessly said it was God of War + Zelda, but I found it to be more like Legacy of Kain, in both gameplay and general universe. It was unplayable without a gamepad, however.

Has this been even hinted at anywhere? I think Relic would revivist Company of Heroes (Or even Homeworld, goddamn imagine that game with modern graphics) before having yet another DOW game, after 2 xpacs it's enough imo.

Assassin's Creed 3

Hopefully an actually fresh new game and not, to quote Yahtzee, more faffing about.

As for Resident Evil, I never quite got into that series. Mind you, I only played the fourth game. It was fun, in a campy sort of way. I've had enough of zombies to last some time however.

Resident Evil 6 looks pretty good. Leon and Chris interacting should be fun to watch. I skipped 4 and 5, 6 looks good enough that I might try that.

I always had this Resident Evil-type global bioweapon cold war going on that would lead up to Fallout's development of the Pan-Immunity Virion... Maybe I should get around to writing another fanfic, haha.

DevilTakeMe said:
Resident Evil 6 looks pretty good. Leon and Chris interacting should be fun to watch. I skipped 4 and 5, 6 looks good enough that I might try that.

I always had this Resident Evil-type global bioweapon cold war going on that would lead up to Fallout's development of the Pan-Immunity Virion... Maybe I should get around to writing another fanfic, haha.

So that was Chris I saw! Man this keeps getting better.

A sixth Resident Evil!? I love the series but I just think it's getting ridiculous now. So... there's no zombies which is understandable because they went in 4 (which is one awesome game), the las plagas virus thing game back again as ouroborus (mind my spelling) in 5 and Wesker was finally defeated in 5. But how can the las plagas/ouroborus thing come back again with Wesker defeated and the virus destroyed?

I just think Capcom is trying to capitalise on a once great series by making more sequels. 6 will have no story in my opinion, just mindless action and unarmed combat that we saw in the trailer that people would like from 5. What I would really like and I think would be very successful would be a remake of Resident Evil 1 and 2 for consoles (maybe not so much 1 because that got a cube remake) but 2 is dying for a remake, one of the best games ever.

The thigns in that trailer are Zombies, it has Mutants like in the previous games. But the enemies do Look like Zombies.

And also good thing you can just say somethign has no story just by looking at a trailer that is mostly about the three story arcs. You have powers or something.

And, no more remakes.... just, no more.

brandonhart61 said:
So... there's no zombies which is understandable because they went in 4 (which is one awesome game).

Going by the trailer it looks like they've gone back to some variation of the T-Virus zombies, except some of the zombehs can use guns and the B.O.Ws are different, everything seems to do the Las Plagas tentacle thing nowadays so it's hard to be sure.
The RE lore (call me crazy for trying to understand it) mentions that the T and G virus strains still fall into the wrong hands such as the T-Abyss virus in Resident Evil: Revelations.

Leon Kennedy is supported by another secret service agent called Helena Harper so the annoying duo system might still be around.

Chris is cursing some woman in the trailer, who could that be? Ada Wong? she stole the Plagas from Spain in RE4, or a new character? or maybe Sherry Birkin? we don't know whatever happened to her.

Back