General Discussion Thread of DOOM

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by TorontoReign, Jan 3, 2015.

1. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Non Binary Pod Person Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    Komodo dragons consider that a delicacy.

2. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Snug Rubber

Sep 11, 2010
    Like eating an oyster.

3. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005

So true.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  4. Aurelius Of Phoenix

Aurelius Of Phoenix Psued.

Mar 9, 2018
    Darn Injuns and their peace pipes, a real fire hazard. But Chief Sitting Bull insists on passing it around to everyone and now look.

5. Morgan_

Morgan_ Putz

Jul 3, 2020
  6. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Kinda reminds me to this guy :

7. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005

This guy is rumored to be playing Moon Knight.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  8. Atomic Postman

Atomic Postman Mojave Express Employee of the Month

Mar 16, 2013
    Nice. I liked him a lot in Drive and Ex Machina. A lot of people are saying they need to cast a Jewish actor but honestly I never thought Moonie's ethnicity was all that important. He's not a jew, he's a servant of Khonshu.

9. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    Yeah. More capeshit. huzzah.

10. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    As long as they don't make him some black guy for no reason I don't give a shit. His main villain wouldn't get that extra kill whitey bonus if they changed that dynamic up.

Look faggot I enjoy very little of this shit. I'm not hyped up about every Marvel property, but I did collect comics and sell them for years, so it goes beyond "Herr derr I like superheroes" since the art, collectability, and mythology is a key aspect to such things.

For example I own this.

11. Atomic Postman

Mar 16, 2013
    Moon Knight is the only superhero content I'm actually holding out for. When I was a pre-teen and teenager Moon Knight was my shit. After the Legion show ended I thought I was done with cape stuff for good but I have my fingers crossed for this one being quality, but it being MCU has me worried.

I am interested to see how they'll handle Bushman and Moon Knight's origins in general. A former CIA turned mercenary destabilizing third world countries and massacring civilians with his bloodthirsty African CO is really not easy to sell as a hero for Disney+

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  12. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Yeah it's why I have no hope for it but if it is good it is good.

13. Atomic Postman

Mar 16, 2013
    I'd be pretty satisfied with an episode by episode adaption of the Warren Ellis run. Simple anthology, understated and more show than tell. Stylish and quick. But that doesn't have enough drama I guess.

I also own this, along with issue #1 of Moon Knight signed by Bill Sienkiewicz. I don't keep it with me at university though.

14. TheGM

Aug 19, 2008
    Boo hoo bitch. listen this isn't about comics. this is about capeshit movies. I kinda doubt they are gonna make a film about a guy who is the violent servant of some ancient egyptian god or possible a murderous psycho who is having some pretty vivid hallucinations because that sounds fucking cool and we can't have that. prepare for PG-13 Shazam! instead.

15. Atomic Postman

Mar 16, 2013
    why must you live so relentlessly in reality

16. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Boo hoo you don't like superhero movies. I don't give a fuck. I don't care if they are good. I posted that for Atomic Postman not your bitch ass. I wanted to have a conversation with someone not get into a debate about the obvious decline of the movie industry. Moron.

I just want someone's face torn off. I want schizo Moon Knight with Khonshu in his trickster aspect.

This guy was a decent villain too.

No I don't expect it to happen.

HEY DID YOU GUYS KNOW THERE ARE TOO MANY SUPERHERO MOVIES!? OH MY GOD!

17. Atomic Postman

Mar 16, 2013
    I haven't kept up with Moon Knight as of late but he has a lot of great storylines that would make cool as fuck movie/tv shows. The whole insane asylum wakeup and then the moment of him reaching the rooftop and seeing the insane landscape feels very "cinematic".

I also feel like the Crawley discovering his son is a murderous psycho would make great TV

I fell off the wagon with MK when there was some trash writer who was a Twitter Checkmark that was writing "his own mental illness experience" into MK. Of course, his experience not being DID or schizophrenia but the exact kind of Bojack Horseman twitter bullshit stuff which resulted in the very nuanced and truly deep from the soul "I have the power of crazy!!!" line. Of which I then dropped the book. Which was about two years ago.

18. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    It's just good to see a C-list comic finally get some kind of adaptation. I always liked Moon Knight because it dealt with darker aspects of the universe. I'm not hyped for it but if they get a decent actor and script it could be like S1 of Daredevil.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  19. Atomic Postman

Mar 16, 2013
    Funnily enough back when Marvel was going bankrupt and had zero characters that they owned to make movies, Moon Knight was on the list back in the 2000s. I imagine that would have gone about as well as the Daredevil movie.

20. TheGM

Aug 19, 2008
    Because that is were the true entertainment is.
    Who doesn't want that. it would be cool as fuck. but alas china dictates all our movies now. also didn't that guy play apocalypse but a tiny version?