General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

I started playing Shadowbane a few days ago. Starts out ilke a standard MMORPG, but it gets interesting once you leave the training island on the map. Excluding a few neutral cities, almost every city in the game is built, maintained, fought over, and beseiged by different player guilds. It's really cool.

Finally playing ToEE. I must say, all that praise for it's combat system seems accurate. If only Arcanum had it similar to this. :wink:

Vault 69er said:
Finally playing ToEE. I must say, all that praise for it's combat system seems accurate. If only Arcanum had it similar to this. :wink:
After you finish it (shouldn't be long) try it again with Circle of Eight mod.

Doing my second playthrough of Tomb Raider: Anniversary. I'm also near finishing Planescape: Torment, and then I'm getting my hands on FEAR and Rainbow Six: Vegas.

Hey, message me sometime if you want to play Vegas.

I've been playing a lot of CS and GRAW 2.

Replaying Baldurs Gate 2 for the first time in a long time. I can see more clearly now that whatever choices there are in the game are rather limited, and that a lot of it is combat.
Still, I'm really enjoying myself. I can't quite put my finger on what it is I like so much about this game.

Don't kid yourself. It's the talking sword. I swear.

Right now, re-playing some old Final Fantasy games and wondering to hell why I ever really liked the series. I don't know, now it just seems so slow to me, and stories. Meh, they are mostly ripped from the pages of the "RPG" design book.

15 or so?

Also, how retarded do you have to be to make the twentieth sequel to a game which has "Final" right in the title?

Following recommendations from the "space exploration games" thread, i got Freelancer. Pretty sweet game. :)

damn straight. I am descent master...with a sidewinder 3 which i sold. :obsessed:

edit noo I thought you meant freespace2 : \

i have to try freelancer

I recently played through the Sacrifice campaign again (straight James). That game has some of the best presentation I've seen, but the AI leaves a little to be desired.

In the last few days I've been playing and finishing Beyond Good & Evil. It was short but very sweet (and certainly worth $10). I really liked the game world, and the way all the different gameplay elements (platform puzzles, sneak 'em up, racing, chase scenes, combat, etc.) were integrated in the same interface. Very annoying with the extremely understated "or is it" ending seeing that any sequels are very much up in the air. Looking at posts here I found that Rosh hated the game but Tannhauser liked it. Tannhauser likes to say I have good taste so I'm going to return the compliment: Tannhauser, you have good taste!

Games still on the "I should probably try these out" list: The Longest Journey, Psychonauts, Day of the Tentacle/Full Throttle/The Dig, etc.

In the months to come I plan to play through the other Sacrifice campaign threads, while also hopefully doing an overdue third Arcanum playthrough and seeing if I can get into Master of Magic.

Stag said:
Also, how retarded do you have to be to make the twentieth sequel to a game which has "Final" right in the title?

about 3.5 times more retarded than the people who made the 'Final Fight' series...

.. and japanese

I got sick of Oblivion after a total of 4 hours, i'll get some mods for it and see how I go

but for now I've reinstalled Company of Heroes now I have a better PC, along with Disciples 2 and Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Gold Edition, I also have FIFA 07 on my xbox which i play occasionally when I'm not watching DVD's

Per said:
I recently played through the Sacrifice campaign again (straight James). That game has some of the best presentation I've seen, but the AI leaves a little to be desired.

:D Cool...Finally a fan of that wonderful game. Epic battles, nice design, uber cool gameplay, funny characters and terrific concept. I just LOVE that game.

Fallout 2, Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge( My favourite C&C) and Star Wars: Empire at War.
I would install Oblivion again., but I'd have to re-download OOO and MMM again.

Black said:
Vault 69er said:
After you finish it (shouldn't be long) try it again with Circle of Eight mod.

Sure will. CoE 5.0.0 is the latest one, right?

I_eat_supermutants said:
Well how many games can you play with angsty teens that save the world over and over?
It's like an emo parade against evil.

And as it happens, FFs 6 and 4 are regarded as having the best stories. Coincidentally they're the only ones without angsty teens in the lead. Sadly, Square never seemed to get the message though. And FF12 put me right off with it's blatant shoehorning of an angsty teen into the lead role (he has nothing, NOTHING to do with the plot. I mean his brother has more relevance to the plot than him, and he dies in the first 5 minutes of the game!).

I have a little hope for FF13 though. But then I can easily see them turning Lightning into angsty female Squall. And if they do that.. I'm so done with them.

Back