General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Mass Effect Wiki said:
After you reach 550 MB of pagefile (see the Task Manager in Windows) the game may crash or lead to loop graphic sequences. You will need to reboot your system or manually clean the pagefile. This bug is caused by nVidia graphic cards and Realtek audio card. One solution is to run the game in window mode and disable music and speech.

Every 10 minutes...TEN FUCKING MINUTES!

@ Linkpain: yeah, Vanguard does not play like the other classes. Staying in cover and popping out to shoot will only waste your time; the class is designed to bend the rules by giving you Charge, and the key to playing it on high difficulties is abusing the shield regeneration and slow-mo the power gives. Oh, and try to weaken Krogans or other elite foes with squadmate powers a bit. If they have 1/3 an armor bar or less the Claymore one-shots them too.

@Atomkilla: Ouch. My PC have ATI cards so I did not experience this, but yeah that sucks. Kudos for having the patience to put up with this, it would certainly have tainted my view of the game.

Oh, and I never played Psychonauts. I take that paragraph as a recommendation, sea?

On topic at last: Played the demo of Amnesia, and now the full game is making me shit in my pants. Dead Space can go F itself with Resident Evil; that is well done horror.

EDIT: holy triple post batman. Sorry.

So now I finally got Aliens Vs. Predators. Looks great, we'll see how it holds up.

Hehe, you just made me install that game again.
I bought the "Sega pack" a while ago (mainly for the Total war games).

I only played Aliens Vs. Predators for about 30 minutes because of some very annoying bugs. I hope the game has been patched up by now.

Shadow of the Wastes said:
On the topic of controls, the Mako. Discuss.

Well my favourite vehicle to drive is the Halo 1 Warthog so any vehicle I can get to front flip 3 times while gliding through the air before landing with a wheely that flips it's finger at physics is made of win in my book.
Also I love wonky handling, gotta have some umph or else it's no fun.

Still playing Bad Company 2, so far only managed to flip over a tank which is technically impossible considering I managed it with a small fence and a slight hill.
Also playing the Vietnam expansion. Turns out I'm crap with everything except running at people with a flamethrower, it's TF2 all over again except I don't have an axe.

Atomkilla said:
Mass Effect Wiki said:
After you reach 550 MB of pagefile (see the Task Manager in Windows) the game may crash or lead to loop graphic sequences. You will need to reboot your system or manually clean the pagefile. This bug is caused by nVidia graphic cards and Realtek audio card. One solution is to run the game in window mode and disable music and speech.

You serious ? :shock:
I never had a crash...try new drivers or something . I changed to Ati a year ago because Nvidia drivers fked up my then card . Driver update fked up everyone with older cards (thanks Nvidia!) .

@Ilosar
Thanks for the tips , gonna try everything . I'm not giving up . But i will always be pissed at what they did , Vanguard in ME1 was great for me in contrast to the Infiltrator which is my main . Felt that contrast a little too big in ME2 though...

Playing vtmb with wesp's patch; it's pretty buggy, mainly some odd issue with invisible walls popping up mysteriously.

Did anyone try playing a berserker character? It works really well in this game, eventually forcing all the crazy/badass dialogue. Actually frenzying in dialogue was pretty cool and unexpected.

Edit: Not forcing it all the time, just when there's some moral decision, far as I can tell

LinkPain said:
Atomkilla said:
Mass Effect Wiki said:

I never had a crash...try new drivers or something . I changed to Ati a year ago because Nvidia drivers fked up my then card . Driver update fked up everyone with older cards (thanks Nvidia!) .

I would if I had money.

The contrast between classes is a design goal, if I remember. Classes in ME1 were only distinguished by one or two different powers and maybe the ability to equip other weapons, which didn't matter much because pistols and shotguns were just better than assault rifles and the awful snipers, and a new game allowed any class to choose any weapon skill.

ME2 has more distinction between classes, and I find this a huge step forward. I do not play a Vanguard like I play an Infiltrator, which plays nothing like a Sentinel, ect. This is good design imo.

And my, Amnesia is even more scary than I feared after playing the demo. Had to put it down after I got disemboweled while not noticing anything and almost screamed :oops:.

Atomkilla said:
LinkPain said:
Atomkilla said:
Mass Effect Wiki said:

I would if I had money.

Hahahaha ok you got me . But you can have a solid ATI for 90 euros .

LinkPain said:
Atomkilla said:
LinkPain said:
Atomkilla said:
Mass Effect Wiki said:

I would if I had money.

Oh, my friend, I could have many solid things for 90 euros...

Atomkilla said:
LinkPain said:
Atomkilla said:
LinkPain said:
Atomkilla said:
Mass Effect Wiki said:

I would if I had money.

Oh, my friend, I could have many solid things for 90 euros...

I dare you to name them :smug:

Had the urge to play DA:O, and was hoping they had ironed out most of the bugs with the final patch; so I reinstalled and patched that fucker up.

And then uninstalled it in disgust two hours later, because they didn't fix shit and that it's just as broken now as it was day 1.

So now I'm installing Grim Fandango to get some closure, because the farthest I've ever got in that was disk 2 back in 1998, but I was 10 and had fuck all for adventure gaming skills.

I wonder how jacked up this is going to look stretched to 1920x1080.

Having recently re-started my lurking around the various Eidos Fora, and seeing the first unofficial screenshot of Thief 4 being released, I got in the mood and reistalled Thief Gold and Thief 2 along with a ton of fan missions in order to proceed through an epic continuous playthrough. Best decision ever.

Hellion said:
Having recently re-started my lurking around the various Eidos Fora, and seeing the first unofficial screenshot of Thief 4 being released, I got in the mood and reistalled Thief Gold and Thief 2 along with a ton of fan missions in order to proceed through an epic continuous playthrough. Best decision ever.

What do you mean, 'continuous' ?
Is there a way to play Thief 1 and Thief 2 in a continuous way, in the same engine ? I'm interested

Heh, no, the "continuity" rests solely on the way I play them. As in, start with Thief Gold in the morning, and dedicate the entire day to it by proceeding through all the missions in one single playthrough, then on to Thief 2.

Pretty sad way to spend one's weekend, but anyway :P

Trying Star Wars Empire at war again. I played Rebellion a lot as a kid and this seems to improve on it in every way, especially the ground combat. I'd like to see more types of units and more covert missions like Rebellion but oh well. It's also some of the better space combat strategy I've played.

Killzone 3 is awesome but fucking difficult at times, sometimes cover doesn't cover you completely, enemies use grenades liberally, and they take a lot of damage before dieing .

But it's still a good game, the brutal melee kills are cool but repetitive (but I don't care I already have 50+ done, which is the highest amount to get a trophy, which is kinda dissapointing).

The story is you basic war story with a small group of people fighting a giant army rebel style, but is still good because the characters feel like real people, at least to me.

Back