General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

12 lvl party in pillars of eternity on hard and cannot even see how to kill the adra dragon, fuck that guy.

I really just started playing Pillars. So far, it's pretty good.
However I'm having a few framerate issues so it's a little bit jarring to play.

I really just started playing Pillars. So far, it's pretty good.
However I'm having a few framerate issues so it's a little bit jarring to play.

I think it's the recent update (at least i have seen it mentioned in a thread), i'm also floating on pretty low fps in some places.

I think it's the recent update (at least i have seen it mentioned in a thread), i'm also floating on pretty low fps in some places.
Ah fair enough, it appears I'm going to have to play around the settings abit now.

Replaying Fallout right now. It must've been six years or so since the last time. And thanks to the tell-me-about topic lists in the wiki and the Restoration Mod I'm getting some new content too, which is nice. :)

Spent 6 hours trying to kill the Adra Dragon in POE, still no luck.

edit: I did it, i did it! After 7 hours of being completely dominated, i finally managed to kill that damn lizard on hard! The difficulty of this boss fight is on an absurd level....

Last edited:
Finished Fallout yesterday. I like the Followers of the Apocalypse, but their reinforcements can be a real pain in the ass... always blocking my character inside of the Cathedral. Now it's time for Fallout 2. :)

Finished Fallout yesterday. I like the Followers of the Apocalypse, but their reinforcements can be a real pain in the ass... always blocking my character inside of the Cathedral. Now it's time for Fallout 2. :)
The "pushing" right-click action is not avaleible on Fo1?

The "pushing" right-click action is not avaleible on Fo1?
Nope. You can ask the companions to step aside (with mods), but there's no way to interact with npcs in that manner. At least I didn't notice no way to do it. Neither right-click nor dialogue.

Final fantasy 7, bought it on steam. Still very early in the game. Just escaped midgar, I´m in a small village with cloud telling his story via flashback.

Playing Dark Souls and I accidentally killed the first undead merchant that looked like an enemy. Does anyone know a way for me to respawn him?

I accidentally killed the first undead merchant that looked like an enemy. Does anyone know a way for me to respawn him?
Well, you got (looted) from him the key items he sells: The orange soapstone, the residence key and his weapon, one of the best ones for Dex(terity) builds.
The bad news are that you don't get the item that allows item repair and storage in bonfires, arrow/bolts early in the game, slightly better midweight armor than most classes and the loss of some earlygame consumables, not a great loss but he will be missed. You can buy all of this later from other merchants.
I think you can pacify aggroed NPC's and revive the ones you killed by paying someone for "forgiving your sins" (you'll understand when you meet him). The problem with this is that i don't know if reviving actually works, and if in both cases the NPC will interact with you again.

Question turn :P
So, are you playing with a controller?
And which class+build are you going for?

Playing Dark Souls and I accidentally killed the first undead merchant that looked like an enemy. Does anyone know a way for me to respawn him?

No way to respawn him. But you're not screwed or anything, just keep playing the game. Like Arnust said, you got the most important things from him. And one of the best weapons in the game, at least for a Dex build.

I made the same mistake on my first playthrough. But I was going for a dex/faith build, and ended up using that sword for basically the rest of the game.

Bought the new Dreadout game a while ago and decided to play it now. The start us already a bit off for me as i don't like that kind of gameplay AKA choose a door to enter and then clear it x10 times.

Only done 2 areas so far and i have a feeling the first game is better but i still have hopes for it.

For those of you who doesn't know what Dread out is it is Fatal frame on a lower budget. AKA camera + ghost game.

Well, you got (looted) from him the key items he sells: The orange soapstone, the residence key and his weapon, one of the best ones for Dex(terity) builds.
The bad news are that you don't get the item that allows item repair and storage in bonfires, arrow/bolts early in the game, slightly better midweight armor than most classes and the loss of some earlygame consumables, not a great loss but he will be missed. You can buy all of this later from other merchants.
I think you can pacify aggroed NPC's and revive the ones you killed by paying someone for "forgiving your sins" (you'll understand when you meet him). The problem with this is that i don't know if reviving actually works, and if in both cases the NPC will interact with you again.

Question turn :P
So, are you playing with a controller?
And which class+build are you going for?
Mouse and keyboard using some mods like DSfix. My class is warrior and I'm working with a dexterity and endurance build so far since I want to stay mobile rather than be a slow moving target, still leading how to play this game.

Bought the new Dreadout game a while ago and decided to play it now. The start us already a bit off for me as i don't like that kind of gameplay AKA choose a door to enter and then clear it x10 times.

Only done 2 areas so far and i have a feeling the first game is better but i still have hopes for it.

For those of you who doesn't know what Dread out is it is Fatal frame on a lower budget. AKA camera + ghost game.

Sad Makta is sad. The game was like a DLC and lasted around 3 hours. Sure it was ok if you like the first game but for someone new to the serie? Pass.

At least the card sells for quite a bit on the steam market.

I'm getting my ass beat in Day of Defeat. Been playing this game on and off since 2006 and it seems with every year i get worse and worse at it. I barely ever manage to reach a positive kill/death ratio. Other players seem to be much better too, to a point where it's just about impossible to kill some of them in a 1 vs 1 confrontation.

Got to The Depths in Dark Souls, ever since I got all the mods to play with both the mouse and keyboard I can play the game just fine.
It gets repetitive after having to grind and deal with the same areas over and over when you die. Some boss fights are just bullshit like the Capra Demon who puppy guards the entrance to a claustrophobic room leaving you stuck in a corner with nowhere to go and the fact that all you have to do is exploit his AI while using a ranged weapon.
Same issue with Havel the Rock, exploit his AI or else he'll kill you in one hit with his humongous dildo, that was fun.
The game is alright but I'm not seeing how it's so amazing like everyone else says.

Unpopular opinion over.

No exploits needed. If you need exploits, you need practice ;)

Tastes differ though, and I can definitely see it's not for everyone. But it's one of my all-time favorite games and I'm pretty sure nothing will really top the first experience I had with it. It's the combination of several things, and it's hard to put into words exactly what I love so much about it. But the overall atmosphere of the game - the wondering of what the hell this place is and what's going on, the sense of hopelesness and loneliness, combined with the difficult nature of the game, makes it awesome to me. I love the artistic side of the game, the visuals and the music and how effectively certain things are used.

And on the more technical side, the gameplay concepts are brilliant. It does difficulty in an almost perfect way. If you just rush in, you will die. The game is supposed to frustrate you, but award patience and practice. When you finally get the hang of it, you feel great. And the game offers you other solutions - flesh out your character and come back when you're more powerful, or summon help. Which leads me to another part of the game: the online interactivity and the factions. Both of these tie in so well with both the atmosphere of the game, the story and the gameplay itself. The fact that you can't really team up with a friend and co-op the entire game, but rather have to rely on random strangers occasionally helping you (or being such a random stranger yourself) lends even more to how lonely and vulnerable you feel. Especially since you always risk being invaded by dark spirits when trying to summon help.

The fact that the game never tells you where to go and what to do (well, barely). It's up to you to explore and find out. And the story isn't shoved in your face. You can ignore it, or dive deep into it (it's so deep that there are hours upon hours of discussion and theorizing on the internet).

And the level design is genius...

Hell, just typing about it makes me anxious to play it again.

Playing the Banner Saga, looking forward to the next one.

qIo6ZcJ.png

Back