General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

After another round of New Vegas, I've decided to finally start Wasteland 2.
Even through I've only really started the first Quest, I'm enjoying it.
There's a few issues I have with it but other than that, I'm really enjoying it.
is there any long consequence when choosing of each town that we save? i'm choosing the second town that provide water, though my ranger kinda regret that after its inhabitant seems to be dickish

Last edited:
is there any long consequence when choosing of each town that we save? i'm choosing the second town that provide water, though they kinda regret after its inhabitant seems to be dickish
I don't really know, I went with Highpool so... I think there may be a consequence.
And yeah, there are a few Dickish people there.

I want to play WL2 but i will wait for my new computer parts to arrive as i will formate all my disc's when they do come. Should have started that game a long time ago.

Playing Wasteland 2 and getting my ass kicked in california on hard.

is there any long consequence when choosing of each town that we save? i'm choosing the second town that provide water, though my ranger kinda regret that after its inhabitant seems to be dickish

I chose the same path, but am not aware of any long term consequences. What is a bit strange to me though is that people in Wasteland 2 often blame me for things i did not directly do. At times it seems like someone who wrote those quests was a very big Franz Kafka fan....

is there any long consequence when choosing of each town that we save?
There are some consequences. How much spoilers?

I finished Fallout 2 yesterday. This time without entering the oil rig guns blazing. It was odd that I got the 'bad' ending for Broken Hills. My char managed to uncover the conspiracy and find the missing people. :???:

Now I'm a bit undecided: Complete the West Coast trilogy or Fallout Tactics and then Fallout 3? I never managed to finish both of them.

There are some consequences. How much spoilers?

I finished Fallout 2 yesterday. This time without entering the oil rig guns blazing. It was odd that I got the 'bad' ending for Broken Hills. My char managed to uncover the conspiracy and find the missing people. :???:

Now I'm a bit undecided: Complete the West Coast trilogy or Fallout Tactics and then Fallout 3? I never managed to finish both of them.
if its about earlier to midgame one, its okay

Dark Souls III. Despite loving the two previous games, this is the first one I'm around for during launch week. It's been... interesting. I'm not used to seeing so many summon signs.

Had an urge to play some DoD but seeing how the old one is filled with bots even 3 years ago i decided to go with source.. I don't understand how they could make that game so much worse than the older one...

Thinking of playing some F1 or F2 but the last time i played Fallout 2 i got super bored when i hit San fran because of having "everything" allready. So not sure if i should give it a go agin. Maybe my Fallout 2 days are over after all these years?
Would play NW if i didn't have a new computer incomming wich mean i will have to formate my discs soon.

Also i really want book 5 to be released for dreamfall chapters soon as i'm dying to play it but i want everything released before i do!

Dark Souls III. Despite loving the two previous games, this is the first one I'm around for during launch week. It's been... interesting. I'm not used to seeing so many summon signs.

If i get into a spending spree again soon i will pick up the first 2 games and maybe later DS3. Looks quite fun tbh.

Something's telling me that you'd might be interested in this one, Makta:
https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/
Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator with MMO features and story-driven walkthrough.

With each passing day the situation in the Norvinsk region grows more and more complicated. Incessant warfare in Tarkov has sparked massive panic; local population has fled the city, but those who stayed are looking to improve their fortunes at the expense of others. Having accepted the new reality, “savage” Tarkov locals - Scavs flocked into well-armed gangs and started the redivision of the city. Nowadays, Tarkov is separated by unseen borders, controlled by different groups. Gain-greedy gunmen would go to any length to have their way, including the murder of civilians and direct confrontation with the two private military companies.

The players will have to experience living in the skin of one of the mercenaries who survived the initial stage of the Tarkov conflict. After choosing one of the sides – USEC or BEAR – the player’s character starts to make his way out of the city. Tarkov is sealed off by UN and Russian military, supply chains are cut, communication with operational command is lost, and in these conditions everyone has to make his own choices of what to do and how to get out of the chaos-ridden metropolis.

After further extensive playing, I can safely say DS 3 is the hardest game in the series.
The first Lord of Cinder is harder than Dark Souls 1's final boss. Even awesomer though. :D
The only issue i'm having is that the "correct" pacing is a bit weird, a small locked window or a hidden staircase takes you to a whole new area, with a boss and everything.
Btw do you know if the Flamberge is better than the Claymore? I've seen it a lot on streams.
EDIT: Solved, got the bullsh*t op Heavy Dark Sword +5 for fast enemies, Claymore for middle term and Zweihander for Giantdad's sake.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first Lord of Cinder is harder than Dark Souls 1's final boss. Even awesomer though. :D
The only issue i'm having is that the "correct" pacing is a bit weird, a small locked window or a hidden staircase takes you to a whole new area, with a boss and everything.
Btw do you know if the Flamberge is better than the Claymore? I've seen it a lot on streams.
EDIT: Solved, got the bullsh*t op Heavy Dark Sword +5 for fast enemies, Claymore for middle term and Zweihander for Giantdad's sake.

I haven't fiddled around with many heavy weapons as I'm doing more of a dex build. But as per usual, I'd say the best weapon is the one you feel most comfortable with. The moveset and how you use it matters more than raw damage output.

I haven't fiddled around with many heavy weapons as I'm doing more of a dex build. But as per usual, I'd say the best weapon is the one you feel most comfortable with. The moveset and how you use it matters more than raw damage output.
Yup. The bad part of sticking to a familiar weapon (Claymore) through all of the series is that then you can't see much variety, even beyond trashy weapons.
Oh well, that's the point on respec-ing the stats and multiple playthroughs i guess.

Anyway, no thang can beat the strenghty bastard build now, with the scaling upgrades :D.
A doubt for a Dex player, can you give some intel about your build? Gear, some tip... If it's not a nuisance, i'm a noob on that kind of play.

Yup. The bad part of sticking to a familiar weapon (Claymore) through all of the series is that then you can't see much variety, even beyond trashy weapons.
Oh well, that's the point on respec-ing the stats and multiple playthroughs i guess.

Anyway, no thang can beat the strenghty bastard build now, with the scaling upgrades :D.
A doubt for a Dex player, can you give some intel about your build? Gear, some tip... If it's not a nuisance, i'm a noob on that kind of play.

Well, I usually go for speed and range with a dex build. A good spear with some decent range is always useful. They can be a bit tricky though, since they do less damage if you're too close to your target. Spears have a "sweet spot" where they do max damage. Also, in DS3 I haven't found being able to attack with my shield up (which spears let you do) useful at all, since enemies are a lot more aggressive and most seem to have a kick or bash they'll use when your shield is up.

Otherwise I love the fast swords that scale from dex - in DS1, the Balder Side Sword was one of my favorite weapons. And luckily there's a similar sword in DS3 - the Lothric Knight Sword, which is what I use most of the time at the moment (upgraded to +7). It has an amazing moveset with some range on the strong attacks, and a rather broad swipe with the normal attacks. It's fast, and it deals a little bit of extra critical damage. And then you have the always awesome Uchigatana - lots of damage, and a bleed effect. The new weapon skills it offers seem pretty darn useful as well, but I haven't played around with them yet. A big plus for fast dex weapons are added effects, like bleed and poison. If you can get a series of attacks off, the effects will build up much easier.

...Dark Souls got the 1.04 patch today, giving a damage buff to a lot of weapons classified as greatswords.

Just gotta throw in some love for the big smashy blades.

I've been playing Persona 2 Innocent Sin for some time now. About 45 hours in so far. The series can get a bit grindy, but the combat and fusion mechanics make it less of a problem along with spells that lower the encounter rate. I'm not really seeing why this game was not released originally in the US aside from Hitler being in it. Once the Nazi's start invading with their giant mechs the game really gets interesting!

Just finished Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Pretty good, not exceptional by any means but it's what should be an industry standard - good pacing, well-written, about 4-6 hours of fun gameplay for about 15 dollars. My few criticisms are that it gets a little repetitive by the second half, it's fairly linear, and the plot gets predictable towards the end.

I'll have to note that it does have quick-time events within the gameplay, ironsights, and regenerative health. That may turn off a few old-school FPS fans, but I personally found that in this case it meshed very well, unlike in most modern AAA $60 shooters. Recommended for people currently looking for a bit of shooter action to fill their time.

I also managed to grab Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition some time ago, and while I'm not that thrilled with real-time-with-pause tactics or the fantasy genre, I've been getting the impression that it's a classic gem so I guess I'll have a run through the rest of it at some point. I've already got through the introduction and I like what I've seen so far.

Well about finished with Dark Souls, first half is okay-ish until the second half...good god a copy paste of the demons from the asylum along with badly designed levels and the bed of chaos. Worst. Boss. Ever.

Continued with The Witcher after finally getting it installed without any errors, slept around with as many women as possible up to the demon dog thing. Protected the witch from the neckbeards then killed the flaming dog. Combat is alright even though evading seems absolutely useless. Boob physics and ragdoll a falling into very funny positions and spassing out.

Well about finished with Dark Souls, first half is okay-ish until the second half...good god a copy paste of the demons from the asylum along with badly designed levels and the bed of chaos. Worst. Boss. Ever.

What the hell are you on? You don't have to like the game, but don't you dare call the level design bad.

You should watch some lore videos. Check out Epic Name Bro. Might make you appreciate the design better.

Back