General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

After having taken a few months worth of break from gaming, I've decided to give Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition a spin. Thank God, it seems that it got patched heavily, first time I got it the bugs were unbearable. I've decided to try out Rasaad and Neera, just to see what they're like. Rasaad is very weak and a pain to manage at early levels (ie most of the game), but is a pretty well written character that fits the game. Neera is awesome stats-wise, but good Lord is she a terribly written character. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to make a "cute" and "quirky" female character in a fantasy setting? At least her VA does a good job. In general, I'm pleasantly surprised that they bothered to get decent voice actors. It's not awesome by any means, but I expected a bunch of uhhing retards. Anyhow, I'm enjoying it, not sure if it's better than BGtutu, but definitely more comfortable (even if there aren't near as many mods available).

Other than my current New Vegas playthrough I've been doing a Venice game in Crusader Kings 2.

I've managed to conquer all of the Roman Empire's borders except for the stuff in the Middle East (but I'm getting there very quickly). I formed the empire of Italia and renamed it to The Latin Republic

The Witcher 3 for my rpg needs.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, a man needs his shooting and explosions.

Silent Hill which is part of my Silent Hill marathon. going for Silent Hill 2, 3 and 4 after that respectively. I shall end the marathon by finishing the P.T demo one more time... :cry:

Fallout of Nevada mod for FO2. Also I usually play strategy\tactical games, for old timers I can recommend some Paradox and slitherine games.

In a couple of days I'm going to have a lot of time off (Like 3+ months) and I'm deciding what to play.

I'm caught between playing X-COM: Enemy Within, or playing through Fallout 1, 2 and NV.

If you are not bent on the idea of nostalgia trip, you might want to try 'Ultimate Space Commando' instead of Xcom.

Now that you mentioned it Xenonauts, is a spiritual successor and will be much more like the original (with base building and strategic management). During development I have despaired from it ever getting finished and forgotten about it. Now, it might be a good idea for me to check it.

As for 'Ultimate Space Commando', it doesn't look that well, but has a very interesting tactical play. If you ever see it on steam sale I recommend it, its worth a play through and should be enjoyable to people who enjoyed games like the original Xcoms.

Right now I'm slooooooowly crawling my way through The Witcher 3. Work has gotten a bit busy it being the summer months but the few hours I've played, seems real good. Do look forward to Geralt's last virtual adventure.

Will boot up some Fallout 3 soon to to gain some more perspective I've forgotten. Is this going to hurt?

Right now I'm slooooooowly crawling my way through The Witcher 3. Work has gotten a bit busy it being the summer months but the few hours I've played, seems real good. Do look forward to Geralt's last virtual adventure.

Will boot up some Fallout 3 soon to to gain some more perspective I've forgotten. Is this going to hurt?

Probably. Try it on pc and it might lessen the blow.

Ok so how many of yours are gonna boycott Arkham Knight? Because seriously fuck that game and it's ridiculously shameless DLC.....

Fallout of Nevada is the shit.

I'm not agree. I had the same feeling when tried 0.99 version 2 years ago but current version is much better.
Also, it is in russian language only and much more difficult (in comparison with F2) - maybe that's why you dont like it. Nevertheless in some things it's even better than F2, really took me away to the time I played F2.
Great dialogs, humor, quests. More interaction with enviroment. More use of the skills (some of them could be not used in f2 at all).
And it's free, was created by fans for fans.

When you say something is "The Shit" it means that it's awesome. When you only say "it's shit" it means it's bad. You misunderstood.

Has anyone ever played Dead Island? It's buggy as hell but I found it ok. I like the environment in it, lots of nice scenery especially at the top of the mountain in the Tomb of Natives area. Wasn't too happy with the bikini wearing grannies though.

Last edited:
Back