General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

This game got some pretty mixed reviews according to Wikipedia. I haven't tried it yet, is it download only or can you buy it and play it off the disc?

No clue.. :oops:
As for reviews, I suspect this is mostly a reaction to delivery versus promise, and I had no expectation for it, so to me it's just a huge open-world toy :D
I guess the game can be immensely repetitive, if you are hoping for a "proper" roleplay-game. This is MORE a sandbox-adventure - than role-play, so don't expect a lot of nuance. There's a lot of horse-riding and xp-grinding. I love a good nuanced rpg, but I find that with a bit of immersion, Mount and Blade can feel just as role-playish, since you yourself decide - not only the choices - but also the course of action and the story itself.

Looked trough my steam list and since i have nothing to play that won't require me to mod it i decided to buy 2 new games! First of Resident Evil revelations 2 wich is nice... BUT! The game studder/lags a while after you retry/start a new game.. Poorly optimized from the looks of it when i did a google search! Also it's an episode game but i bought the whole pack so that is not much of an issue.. But the first revelations is looking a bit better.

I also bought Life is strange since it did sound like something good.. But apperantly everything is written by some authority anarchist so right now i feel like restarting it all and side with the supposed bad guy/guys. But i will probably put the game on the shelf.

Also if anyone is looking for game a bit cheaper i would sugest http://g2a.com/ that someone linked to me a while ago. Got both the complete packs for like 30 euro instead of close to 60 :)

Did they dumbed down Arturusk Mengk ?

Do you mean...Arcturus Mengsk? If so, I think so. I was hoping for Blizzard to make this 'chaotic-but-idealistic' kind of guy who did the things he's done to get to the top in order to direct 'humanity' to a better future, instead he's so focused on spitting at James Raynor's name along with trying to kill Kerrigan, I thought it was a bit too narrow-minded. Was hoping to see a dark truth to his actions about protecting humans, but it's just another mustache-twirling villain.

Space Rangers 2: Reboot

Excellent Russian mix of space exploration, some RPG, real-time strategy, adventure, and arcade game. It's gorgeous! And very hard, I'm getting my ass kicked alright on normal difficulty. Unforgiving economy system, merciless robotic enemies, pirates harassing poor merchants, the game has it all. Seriously, this is the most entertaining and addictive game I've tried in the last decade, guys. (Except the RTS part perhaps, that feature just suck balls.)

Space Rangers 2: Reboot

Excellent Russian mix of space exploration, some RPG, real-time strategy, adventure, and arcade game. It's gorgeous! And very hard, I'm getting my ass kicked alright on normal difficulty. Unforgiving economy system, merciless robotic enemies, pirates harassing poor merchants, the game has it all. Seriously, this is the most entertaining and addictive game I've tried in the last decade, guys. (Except the RTS part perhaps, that feature just suck balls.)

I've bought SR2. SR2:Reboot, and SR:2HD. If you really love these games, (OMG I LOVE THESE GAMES) you should absolutely buy SR2:HD. It has quite a bit of new content as well as a couple of patches post-release that add even more new stuff. Check it out! So good!

I love games like this and this one has an endearing charm that's hard to explain. If you like games period, you should check out Space Rangers 2! Russians make the best games!

Last edited:
Started to play F2 3 days ago and i'm 90% done if not more and i really lost interesst.. The game just gives you way to much gear/cash and so much of the game feels emtpy.. This used to be my nr1 game but i think it will drop down the list qutie a bit.. It's not just doing it anymore for me.

Going to play either FOT or maybe the F1 covertion for F2 since i really don't want to play trough F1 without push/companion interaction and suchs.. Not sure yet!

Still got some life left in Resident evil revelations 2 but i need a break from that game since the achievements are painfully boring or rng oriented :P

@mobucks:
I'm totally hooked! Bought SR2:HD on gog.com already, runs like a shit on my E4500 CPU. What would you suggest, should I join pirates right on start or not? I thought that starting in Reboot was hard, this one looks much harder though. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there was balancing patches still being released when I put it down. A lot of how the game is played depends on the difficulty.

On normal difficulty you can pretty much play the game however you want. Beautiful.

A mixture of Minecraft and fucking around with the Warcraft 2 world editor. I've also discovered that Witch Doctor is my favorite Diablo 3 class. I named my new account after my WD (I had to make a new account because I forgot my damn password to the other one, and I can't get through the pass. reset).

I'm hooked on Bloodborne right now. Unfortunately budgeting my time can be its own chore, but when I get to enjoy the game, I ENJOY this goddamned game!

As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm kinda busy as it is, so my normally lengthy descriptions of why I like something I'm playing will have to wait.

Suffice it to say, this is Bloodborne in a nutshell: If you're on the fence at all about buying a PS4 of not, this should be enough to hop off and buy one. It's a GREAT game. Not flawless, but exceptional. If you just don't wanna get a PS4, well it's not Bloodborne that's your problem, but you're missing out. =)

Well for me lately I've been playing Ogre Battle 64: A Person of Lordly Caliber thanks to Wiiu's Wii emulator. I still have an undying boner for this game and am sad that the games haven't continued after the Tactics: Ogre games. There is something about this game that keeps me rambling on about it. I'm not sure if it is quality or depth, it just seems so damn good. Even after 16 years. I'm discovering more and more about it. 13 endings and story changes based on characters in group and your invisible stat the chaos frame based on choices and base capture vs. liberation. It does have it's problems but goddamn did Atlus and Quest do a great job. I've even found hidden classes I didn't know exsisted. I love games that keep me guessing after years of playing. For Christ's sake it's a 64 game that has actually aged well.

Besides that I've been playing a little bit of Broforce in which was gifted to me by my wife and like it and Black Mesa for the nostalgia feels.

Last edited:
Well for me lately I've been playing Ogre Battle 64: A Person of Lordly Caliber thanks to Wiiu's Wii emulator. I still have an undying boner for this game and am sad that the games haven't continued after the Tactics: Ogre games. There is something about this game that keeps me rambling on about it. I'm not sure if it is quality or depth, it just seems so damn good. Even after 16 years. I'm discovering more and more about it. 13 endings and story changes based on characters in group and your invisible stat the chaos frame based on choices and base capture vs. liberation. It does have it's problems but goddamn did Atlus and Quest do a great job. I've even found hidden classes I didn't know exsisted. I love games that keep me guessing after years of playing. For Christ's sake it's a 64 game that has actually aged well.

Besides that I've been playing a little bit of Broforce in which was gifted to me by my wife and like it and Black Mesa for the nostalgia feels.

I never got into Ogre Battle, but Final Fantasy Tactics is my favorite.

Currently baby sitting a render so I am playing Persona 4 Ultimax again. Beating the Golden Arena with my main man Junpei.

Getting tired of Fallout tactics.. Curse the suicidal Ghouls and me NEEDING to save everyone :P Decided to check NV mods and then it hit me i should really reinstall the game on my SSD and as soon as possible formate my old HDD.

I think I'll start my fourth or fifth attempt to finally play through Stalker: Clear Sky. Never got through the game because it pissed me off way too much. Buggy and unstable, inefficient, boring and annoying. Maybe this time with the Clear Sky Complete mod it will be bearable...

/edit: Well, that escalated quickly. First full crash to desktop a few minutes into gameplay. Gotta be a new record or something, even Fallout 3 was more stable than that.

Last edited:
Back