General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

I have to finish PoE2 someday. I got stuck in the battle with the dragon boss in the first DLC and lost interest.

Seeing Toront talking about PoE2 got me looking at it and it seems pretty good actually. Might do Balder's Gate first though.
Am I the only here playing Eastward currently?

I wanna get into Pillars but I am not a fan of the combat system. If it was fully turn based I might be more inclined to play it.

Last edited:
I wanna get into Pillars but I am not a fan of the combat system. If it was fully turn based I might be more inclined to play it.
PoE 2 has turn based combat mode. No excuses now.

Seeing Toront talking about PoE2 got me looking at it and it seems pretty good actually. Might do Balder's Gate first though.
Am I the only here playing Eastward currently?

Do BG first so you know what to compare it to.

I like POE but I always find myself stopping and restarting, right now I haven't played in a while but I remember finishing up the undead district in the main city.

I think it is important to play the main quest and beat the game instead of completing all side quests/DLC so that you can fully enjoy PoE 2 which is I think a slightly better game. Decisions from 1 impacts 2 so it helps if you know what happened and are invested. Keep in mind anybody can swing a sword, Might and Intellect are Yin and Yang (one controls damage the other AOE size) for wizards, and making your own characters is always fun if you hate the ones that they give you.

The past four months I have put in around 600 hours of playtime in BG 1 and 2, Disco Elysium, PoE 1 and 2, Titan Quest, and a few other games.

Diablo 2: Resurrected on Xbox One looks good, even played like the original but with updated visuals.
Don't get me wrong, it's not the best remastering of any original game.
Even though this is mostly a faithful remaster, it does have flaws of its own, like Dark Souls Remastered.
Right now, I'm on Act 2 as a Level 18 Paladin and so far, it's a great experience.
What are your thoughts about Diablo 2?

Can I jump to the second one without the plot of the first one? Is it self contained? Because if it is, then I will probably try it then in January.

You could but it is a direct sequel. When you start Deadfire you are dead and have forgotten your bodies memories so you pick what your choices were in the first game. It would help to know at least some basic lore. If I had to sum up the series I would say it deals a lot with the afterlife and whether or not believing in god's is a good thing whether they are real or not.

If turn based is a deal breaker did you skip KotOR?

bIwz69d.jpg

Bewbs.

The only thing wrong with both games that gets me is the Pre-DLC parts. They really are making me want to buy the DLC and I don't wanna.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oblivion! Modded, but surprisingly fun. Every settlement should be surrounded by farms though.

6WtT7qP.jpg

dIDYDye.jpg

Mostly done with Dragon Quest 8 3DS, need to finish a photograph challenge and beat the final boss again for the alternate ending. Beat all the superbosses, with the last one (and the two before him as well) being ridiculously broken to the point he has an instant KO attack that you can't do shit about it except defend (and even then it still deals more than half of the party's member health except when you use Defending Champion which blocks 90% of the damage).

All said and done, i still believe this is the best version of Dragon Quest 8.

Managed to find a copy of Dragon Quest 4 DS for 30 bucks on Ebay. No case though, but at this point i don't give a fuck. Plus i have this little games's case that can hold four games, so at least i have a place to put it. Now to find 5 and 6 for a similar price.

I'm playing Fallout: New Vegas, that's the main game I've been playing for awhile now. But I'm also playing Payday 2 and Valorant with friends.

Going through the backlog a bit. Currently playing some Assassin's Creed 4 and finishing up the Freedom Cry DLC.

I'm pretty new, so for now I stick to /tg/ and I usually spawn in as a roboticist, but end up running multiple R&D departments because no one else wants to feed the slimes or set up toxins.

New Guardians game looks pretty fun. I wanted to get it for myself but opted to get for my brother instead. My nephew loves the Guardians of the Galaxy and he would love to spend time with his daddy playing the game. Put me back a bit this week but it is worth it to see him smile.

Playing Diablo 3 as a wizard.
So far, the class is overpowered, but I haven't covered all of the classes.
I've only covered Crusader, Necromancer, and Demon Hunter.
These three classes are level 70 already as the overall Paragon Level is 135.
After finishing up this game, I might go back to playing Diablo 2 Resurrected.
What do you think about the Diablo series?

Back