General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Fuck Nintendo, and fuck anyone involved with designing Zelda games. They made the "puzzles" make no sense on purpose so they could sell more
"official" guidebooks, which is just stupid when anyone can get a video walkthrough of every puzzle on YouTube for free.

The shrine puzzles get a pass because at least they are short but I'm on the first real dungeon and I'm probably going to stop playing.

I doubt there are many people that beat this game's storyline without a guide. The number of people that 100% it without a guide is probably in the single digits.
Can't tell if this is a troll or not. Are you talking about totk?

@TorontoReign OOT has had the hardest puzzles iirc. Water and shadow temples were challenging. Hardest part for me though was finding the great fairy that was by the castle. I forgot about it so couldn't progress until I stumbled actoss it again lol.....

I'm specifically referring to BotW.

I'm no zelda expert but the games used to be pretty straightforward.

1: Find dungeon map
2: Find key or item using map and get it to unlock the boss
3: Kill boss

BotW you have two options:
1: Enter dungeon, kill everything, shoot every switch, use every magic spell anywhere you can cast it in every order of operations; trial and error for an hour (oh and don't forget you can rotate the dungeon in the map screen even though the game never tells you that you can do that)
OR
2: Give up after already going through this rigamorole with other puzzles and look up the solution on youtube.

The whole thing takes me back to those old point and click adventure games of the 90s where you had to call a tip-line for one nonsensical puzzle. The guidebook for BotW looks awesome, and I want it, but I shouldn't NEED it for storyline quests.

Anyway, I'm going to give it another go because the core game is really great.

I mean I think Tears is goofy bullshit but I doubt the shrines are too hard you are just playing the game drunk or something.

Can't tell if this is a troll or not. Are you talking about totk?

@TorontoReign OOT has had the hardest puzzles iirc. Water and shadow temples were challenging. Hardest part for me though was finding the great fairy that was by the castle. I forgot about it so couldn't progress until I stumbled actoss it again lol.....

Windwaker is the best modern Zelda that is not some open world ubisoft game.

but I doubt the shrines are too hard you are just playing the game drunk or something.

Are you reading my posts drunk or something? I'm not sure how autistic I need to type it out Toront, but I'm pretty sure a third grade reading comprehension level is all that is needed to see that

A: I clearly already stated that I didn't have a problem with the shrines.
2: You chimed in saying guidebooks are retarded because we have the internet. How is this different than me typing
which is just stupid when anyone can get a video walkthrough of every puzzle on YouTube for free

So I'm not entirely sure what point you're trying to make.

Oh, I'm retarded.

Well let me steal from your play book:

You're retardeder.

The issue is your first sentence seems to apply to old Nintendo which made Nintendo Power so kids could have something to read, I mean, to rip their parents off. Plus that puzzle making no sense thing maybe applied to a handful of games tbh. Hyperbole as usual with you Bucks, not talking shit, but that is you on here. The second seems to apply to Tears. So maybe you are confusing yourself.

1. Fuck Nintendo, and fuck anyone involved with designing Zelda games. They made the "puzzles" make no sense on purpose so they could sell more
"official" guidebooks, which is just stupid when anyone can get a video walkthrough of every puzzle on YouTube for free.

2. The shrine puzzles get a pass because at least they are short but I'm on the first real dungeon and I'm probably going to stop playing.

Hyperbole? Did you just learn that word here? Excuse me for assuming I could get away with making a post on a video game sub-forum about videogames without Ayn Randing an entire wall of text explaining every intricate detail.

I guess I need to put it into caveman words for you to understand.

Old Zelda games not need guides to beat game. New Zelda want make more money make puzzles nonsense so people buy guidebook. Nintendo stupid not realize anyone can make a walkthrough video on youtube. MoBucks not alone in thinking this, puzzle solutions for BotW have many millions views. Needing guide to progress not fun. Guide for secrets tips fun good time yes very.

I've recently bought Diablo for the PS1 and I already dealt with The Butcher, plus I got his cleaver for my Lv 6 Warrior character to utilize.
So far, so good! :ok:

Been playing the new TF2 update and the VSH gamemode is ass on casual, no one organizes shit which makes this impossible to win solo cause it has 11000 hp and a very powerful moveset

Not playing at the moment, but i found out that recently a game store opened near where i live and they have a bunch of switch games. Specifically Xenoblade Chronicles 3 for freaking 30 bucks, brand new, still sealed and i'm gonna get that. Actually excited because i really enjoy the first one (outside of the whole crap with the main villain) and i read a lot of good things about it.

Seems weird going from the first game straight to the third game, but not gonna even touch Xenoblade 2 because everything i have seen about that game looks and sounds like cancer, at least with the voice acting and dialogue. Even if the gameplay is great, there's so much i can tolerate.

Edit: Actually 40 bucks, but still. 40 bucks for a barely year old nintendo game still sealed is a steal.

Last edited:
I'm still playing Diablo (PS1), my warrior is LV 14, and I'm currently on the 6th floor.
Quite the short summary of it...
Anyway, everybody, what are your opinions on the Diablo games?
I've already beaten the campaigns for both Diablo III & IV, yet I have not beaten Diablo I (obviously working on that) neither Diablo II: Resurrected (I was not sure when to continue the game at the time, because last time I've played it was on Act III).

The Guardian spell was pretty awesome. I prefer Diablo 1 above all of the others.

*However... when I first saw the spawn [demo] release of the game, I played it, thought it was interesting, and decided that I would never buy the full game. I don't remember why this was. Several years later I found it on sale at Walmart, and brought it home——and played it for absurd length of time; lamenting not buying it years before.

Back