great youtube channels

TheHouseAlwaysWins

Look, Ma! Two Heads!
So does anyone know any good youtube channels? I remember back in 2011 there was a lot of content.

However, the majority of content now seems to be low effort streams uploaded to YT, gossip, or political propaganda. Is there any kind of good content on YT?

For me there's:
Global Cycling Network, channel about bike racing
The Mightly Jingles, gaming, mostly World of Tanks/Warships, but also some others
Forgotten Weapons, well, it's about forgotten weapons
LGR, retro tech stuff and goodness
Rob Scallon, fantastic musician and musical tomfoolery
Infinite Elgintensity, commentary on Youtube fitness
Oswald Storkington and Wilton Turdley, two channels by Andy Rehfeldt, absolute musical genius

Various other things sometimes.

What type of topic are you searching for? There are a lot of channels to subscribe to on YT.

I'm only subscribed to seven channels. The two worth checking out are "Shawn Woods" for his fun (and addicting) rat trap videos and "Joseph Anderson" for his incredibly well detailed game reviews.

Depends on what you mean by "good content".

The Creatures and Cow Chop go for the loud, zany, nonsensical route with their antics but they're pretty creative and embrace the ridiculousness of their content while not being condescending.

Seconding Forgotten Weapons, adding Taofledermaus and Hickok45 for gun stuff. NewRetroWave has a great music rotation generally, Neros77 is a little less prolific I think but also good (both specialize in electro/synthwave stuff). I used to like Mackscorner until he started whining like a bitch about Light mechs in MWO constantly and then I think he stopped playing MWO altogether. Has some decent/funny stuff about other games too.

Keepet classy, casually explained (popular as hell but still really funny), brain4breakfast (history/politics what not), errant signal, extra credits, gggmanlives, noah caldwell gervais, super bunnyhop, mark brown

most of those are games related

Gggmanlives- FPS reviews (found some great games thanks to his channel)
Icarus Lives- Doom WADs
Mandalore Gaming- very in-depth reviews of more or less known games (convinced me to play SS13)
Alchestbreach- Fallout mods (mostly NV)
Accursed Farms- in-depth analysis of mostly less known games (found him by his Deus Ex analysis though)
ralphthemoviemaker- movie and TV series reviews
Call me Kevin- plays games and mostly breaks them in more or less entertaining way
Bigmooney06- Hitman runs (also plays FO4 and some other games)
MATN- his Fallout challenge runs are pretty entertaining (currently plays through DUST)
Wilburgur- breaks Oblivion, New Vegas and Morroblivion
Dead Meat- horror movie kill counts, reviews and podcasts
Pravus Gaming- strategy games
Mark Brown- analyses video games genres and systems
Tehsnakerer- really in-depth game reviews

Last edited:
Accursed Farms is a good channel to go for Ross' Game Dungeon videos. Reviewing some of the most obscure games without being overly positive or negative, it leaves something to be inspired for a future game developer.

All Sham No Wow (Mark): He mostly streams and makes YT videos In not much of a series tone which I love especially with some of his let's plays he did like with the 2 Saw games and Tony Hawk Underground 2.

YMS (Adam): He's probably my favorite movie reviewer outside of Cinema Snob, Ralpth or IHE more for the fact he knows a shit load about films so he knows when to point out very basic or unaware problems I might not know in even some terrible or good films.

Oroboro (Brandon): Reason I got into Dark Souls was from watching his Quest of Hatemail videos from the orginal, he also streams a lot of Dead By Daylight but I just love his sort of cockey attitude and is not as serious abou the games he plays.

TotalBiscuit (John Bain R.I.P): Was the first channel I watched of somebody doing a first impresson of a game and from there I just love to watch all of his WTF Is series along with his other series of videos like Let's Not Play or his podcasts he do with his wife and freinds, even if he's not around his wife is still doing great content and I still like to go back on some of his older content.

Vinesauce (Vinny/Joel): They are mostly friends who stream a heck of a lot on Twitch and generally do either a lot of games weird or bad ones, or use glitchs to bug out old games I also in general love vinny's multiple voices he can do they always amuse me for some reason.

MindlessGonzo: So this might be the one to stick out the most since this guy mostly would do so called "Tumblr Dubs" most of them are either really absurd or dark as hell (which I like either way) hell I don't even care for the fact he's a brony/furry.

Ashen's: He's that british dude who reviews a bunch of tat on his brown sofa and usually laughs at them...that is all.

For me:
MandaloreGaming - good reviews
videogamedunkey - I think he's hilarious and he's sometimes got a good viewpoint on something but he rarely does it in a serious manner.
Strat-Edgy Productions - One of my favorites. He rarely has time for Youtube at the moment but his video game content was awesome and I really like his reviews and topics he discusses. I also enjoy his non game content sometimes.
LGR - Awesome dude, does a bunch of retro games, hardware, software, etc. He's not too critical of games besides technical issues or major flaws though.
nerdSlayer - mostly for his death of a game series. Just a cool series he does.
Super BunnyHop - Generally like his content and he's kinda all over the place with topics in gaming but he's a good youtuber.

I don't know what NMA's or other forums like this general opinions are on the next two but I enjoy their content, usually.

Zaric Zhakaron - His content is usually TES gameplay or topics but he also talks about other things in the game industry even if it starts with something in the vein of TES. He's usually got a good viewpoint or considers things others don't talk about. I don't watch all of his stuff but sometimes it's pretty good to listen to what he's saying.
Jim Sterling - Used to annoy the piss out of me with his pretentious behavior until I understood the humor behind the act of it all. His opinions don't always align with mine but that's fine. He usually likes to shit talk big developers/publishers about shitty practices they have and it feels nice to just listen to someone rage at the industry in a similar way that you feel about it all.

I also have a stay away from list:
Downward Thrust
Cleanprincegaming
LegacyKillaHD
(he's not as bad as the other two but still)
any Fallout youtuber I've seen so far can automatically be assumed that I don't watch their videos.
Extra Credits - Used to like them but I can't do it after the lootbox fiasco with Battlefront II

any Fallout youtuber

I guess I fit the bill, then? :smug:

Not that I have really any professional channels, I follow people who post pretty good shit that cracks me up at the wise day.

Insurgentdude
- this man made me heavily interested upon STALKER and his videos are quality memed.
LethalFeline - A Let's Player who focuses more upon fun aspect of the commentary and gaming than informative, though he does occasionally that as well.
Grimith - Polar opposite of LethalFeline, being more informative person. It was thanks to their LP of Daggerfall I got huge boner for the game.
Mothership Loudspeakerz - A music remix channel, doing cool shit like this.
Overclocked Remix - Channel that hosts remixes from video games.
Stone Mcknuckle - Music remix channel, more fond of guitars, example

"Rycon Roleplays" is pretty great. He makes Bethedsa games like Fallout 4 and Skyrim a lot more interesting than they actually are. I recommend his Fallout 4 Frost permadeath series as well as Skyrim: Tale of Leonidas... he has a lot of other content, including many non Bethesda titles, but I haven't had the time to watch it all.

"Tapcat" is a great channel for XCOM Enemy Within, XCOM 2, and other strategy titles like Civilization 5...

"Smudboy" does a lot of critical analysis of game franchises, mostly Bioware related stuff... don't even bother if you are a fanboy though lol. Although tbh it might open your eyes to the flaws of their games, so who knows...

"Tehsnakerer" and "nerdSlayer" have been mentioned already... I recommend both.

And I'm going to end this with "Larry Bundy Jr," who has some very interesting retro game related videos in his "Fact Hunt" series.

Edit: Actually, if you like Let's Plays, I'm going to go ahead and add "Zemalf" and "ChristopherOdd" to this list... like TapCat and Rycon, they are both... well, more professional and subdued than a lot of youtubers, but still entertaining and in many cases true masters of the games they tackle.

Last edited:
I guess I fit the bill, then? :smug:
Haven't heard of you but I will give your channel a shot. I assume you're not going to be click baiting every Bethesda related piece of news and only play the most current Fallout? Because that's already a big step in my book.
Also those first 3 people are channels I'm going to look into now. You said youtuber and STALKER. I'm sold.
EDIT: You're the person dunkey screenshot? Nice.

It's when I feel productive I actually come up with ideas that I have put more effort than just copy and paste. I have done so much about New Vegas, I propably should get to do something about Classics one day.

Also yeah, those are dope. Not the kind of channels you should except to be "analysis" "review" levels, but in general channels that post stuff that is easy to get along with.

I've kinda donne a be all end all fallout 1 guide for newbies on my channel... but the videos are in portuguese, cuz i'm brazilian, etc.

Back