Half-Life 3

That's assuming Activision doesn't tank in the next 15 years, which I wouldn't put any money on. Activision and EA are just fucking up too frequently too rapidly for me to consider them as companies that will last much longer in the changing game-o-sphere. The sad matter is the question, "How many developers will they take WITH them on their decent?"

29s? Is that just hyperbole or are some series seriously reaching that high? I know there aren't any series NUMERICALLY that high, but if you were to tally them all up, I know the GTAs and REs are in the double digits...

Is there actually an instance of one series nearing the 30s?

There's actually been 30 Madden NFL games if I count correctly, so believe it or not, I guess there's some truth to "29"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madden_NFL

That's assuming Activision doesn't tank in the next 15 years, which I wouldn't put any money on. Activision and EA are just fucking up too frequently too rapidly for me to consider them as companies that will last much longer in the changing game-o-sphere. The sad matter is the question, "How many developers will they take WITH them on their decent?"

Activision and EA are very very safe companies.

29s? Is that just hyperbole or are some series seriously reaching that high? I know there aren't any series NUMERICALLY that high, but if you were to tally them all up, I know the GTAs and REs are in the double digits...

Is there actually an instance of one series nearing the 30s?

Mario

[h=2]1984[/h] Main article: Category:1984 games
[h=2]1985[/h] Main article: Category:1985 games
[h=2]1986[/h] Main article: Category:1986 games
[h=2]1987[/h] Main article: Category:1987 games
[h=2]1988[/h] Main article: Category:1988 games
[h=2]1989[/h] Main article: Category:1989 games
[h=2]1990[/h] Main article: Category:1990 games
[h=2]1991[/h] Main article: Category:1991 games
[h=2]1992[/h] Main article: Category:1992 games
[h=2]1993[/h] Main article: Category:1993 games
[h=2]1994[/h] Main article: Category:1994 games
[h=2]1995[/h] Main article: Category:1995 games
[h=2]1996[/h] Main article: Category:1996 games
[h=2]1997[/h] Main article: Category:1997 games
[h=2]1998[/h] Main article: Category:1998 games
[h=2]1999[/h] Main article: Category:1999 games
[h=2]2000[/h] Main article: Category:2000 games
[h=2]2001[/h] Main article: Category:2001 games
[h=2]2002[/h] Main article: Category:2002 games
[h=2]2003[/h] Main article: Category:2003 games
[h=2]2004[/h] Main article: Category:2004 games
[h=2]2005[/h] Main article: Category:2005 games
[h=2]2006[/h] Main article: Category:2006 games
[h=2]2007[/h] Main article: Category:2007 games
[h=2]2008[/h] Main article: Category:2008 games
[h=2]2009[/h] Main article: Category:2009 games
[h=2]2010[/h] Main article: Category:2010 games
[h=2]2011[/h] Main article: Category:2011 games
[h=2]2012[/h] Main article: Category:2012 games
[h=2]2013[/h] Main article: Category:2013 games
[h=2]2014[/h] Main article: Category:2014 games
[h=2]2015[/h] Main article: Category:2015 games

That's just Mario.

I would say that Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout Brotherhood of Steel, Fallout Tactics, and even Fallout 2 because it was just "Too silly for my pretentious tastes" are all spinoffs of Fallout, which is a spinoff of Wasteland, Which is a spin off of GURPS, which is a spin off of Dungeons and Dragons.

See there's a conspiracy from gamergate that is trying to brainwash you into believing all of these creative indie projects made by heroes to self-expression, don't deserve their own game series and try to lump them together as THE SAME.

WELL I AM DIFFERENT!

oblivious-hipster-meme-generator-totally-not-a-douchebag-3546e2.jpg

I think that Sonic, Pokemon, Fighting games series, soccer games series, Tomb Raider, Mickey, Star Wars, or Super heroes like Batman aren't far behind.

We're getting a little off topic here.

To reign things back in a bit, what improvements/changes to Half-Life's gameplay would you like to see in Half-Life 3?

A game longer than a day play-through.

Some more?

How about, since you love first-person platforming so much VULVA, I mean VALVE, how about actually making it decent and not like Mirror's Edge or that silly Dying Light, since we all know you're going to use those new mechanics for your lovely ladder-parkor headcrab dodgeball corridors.

Since we all know you are reading this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gordon needs to say his first words, and it needs to be something cheesy like "oh, you just made me angry." or "rain or shine, you're going down"

New guns? Maybe the Gravity Gun gets replaced, something that can show off a new feature of the Source 2 engine? (Like Grav Gun was obviously meant to show off the physics engine)

Activision and EA are very very safe companies.
Not as much as you'd think. Times are changing, and game funding is undergoing a metamorphosis the likes of which we haven't witnessed before. The establishment as it were has done a capable job of standing tall amidst the changes, but it's only a matter of time before they cave as a result of not adjusting to meet the future head-on. Closing developer after developer after developer with increasing frequency is one of many symptoms that foreshadow worse things to come for these companies. Granted, these are strategies used by them to cut themselves off from losses while maintaining their profitability. But like I said, this can only go on for so long before they fall.

i didnt even finish half life 2.imo it sucked.alyx was annoying and ruined the atmosphere. at first it starts exciting and awesome but the more you progress you get to see how shallow it is.also fuck those car/boat sequences.

what i want from valve is to disregard freeman completely and just make opposing force 2 instead.

i was really disappointed.i got far in the game but i just got bored after a while and could not complete it.i wasn't interested to see the rest of the game and just stopped playing.

yeah i didnt like the gravity gun and for me it felt like it didn't belong in the game.

the combat was great but the gun sounds were extremely loud and there wasn't enough gore.alyx was annoying and unnecessary.i really hated the car too.and the boat.

i didn't like the friendly aliens either.they were fun to kill in the previous game ;D

Last edited:
Gordon needs to start the game off by saying "Damn those alien bastards are going to pay for shooting down my ride", right before he leaps from an exploding train traveling through spacetime with G-Man riding shotgun.

hmm, what I would like to see in a new Half Life or the final expansion.

- Much longer campaign
- Not as much filler (ah we are half way to the Borealis, oh noes, the Combine shot us down, we have to hoof the rest of the way)
- Showing more of the Overworld (perhaps a visit)
- Tell us more about the Advisors and the G-Man (I understand that the appeal of a mystery is the mystery itself, but there is a difference between enticing people and going around them doing "There are so many questions and we hold all the answers but you are not ready for them yet, maybe Half Life 4")
- A new weapon that is more effective against those striders (in general Half Life 2's weapons are well balanced for their various roles, but there is no effective anti strider weapon while its explosive flechettes can rip you to pieces in seconds)
- No gimmicky gameplay such as parkour.
- Some new enemies, perhaps some of those cut opponents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back