Hard Reset (Wooz's game) revealed

Mad Max RW said:
Please do not let this engine go unused in the future.

No worries, it won't/isn't. It's being worked on constantly, and getting better and better. Bells and whistles and whatnot.

You can see for yourself on the exile DLC thing, IMO the environment reflects pretty well the evolution of it from the first level in the vanilla edition to the stuff we use in the extra levels.

If you guys need to do a kickstarter campaign to fund something bigger don't hesitate for a minute.

We don't need to, we're doing fine :)

Got Hard Reset in an Indie Royale bundle a few months ago and haven't played it yet. I hope to soon, it looks great.

I'm stuck. :crazy: I'm supposed to find some antenna array or something but I have no idea where it is.

Because I have no idea where these stupid antennas are supposed to be. The level is not very big and I just can't find them.

Those expansion levels are incredible looking. Seriously amazing job and I love this engine + art.
And the fact that it was released for free. Seriously polish companies rock, CDP, you guys, the afterfall people..

Wooz said:
You can turn on an objective compass thing, ya know?

What, really? D'oh!

Anyway, been playing some of this game, good impressions overall, but a few complaints too. I really like the atmosphere, the weapon design. Enemy AI is pretty basic, but somehow feels intelligent at the same time - I'm not sure what was the last time (if ever) I saw an enemy dodge rockets and the like. I think I even saw once one of those little robots jump into a trashcan to avoid my shotgun blast :D The first big boss fight was also a lot of fun.

The enemies do get a tad repetitive though. The one thing I absolutely hate though is the invisible walls. Most of them aren't one very well, and it's usually hard to tell which boxes you can jump and which you can't. Shame!

EDIT: Excellent artbook BTW. Some of the art reminds me strongly of Tsutomu Nihei, was he an inspiration?

Sub-Human said:
They overrun you in hordes. It can be hard to beat the crap outta them, but intelligent?

Well, mildly intelligent. When was the last time you saw AI try to actually dodge your bullets rather than just run mindlessly at you?

Ausdoerrt said:
Sub-Human said:
They overrun you in hordes. It can be hard to beat the crap outta them, but intelligent?
Well, mildly intelligent. When was the last time you saw AI try to actually dodge your bullets rather than just run mindlessly at you?

All the time?

Hard Reset's AI is basically ZERG RUSH KEKEKEKEKEKE. I'll admit AIs in video games are pretty shitty, and Hard Reset's isn't noteworthy in being either good or bad.

Brother None said:
All the time?

I dunno, often enough to have to take it into consideration when aiming.

I'm not saying it's stellar, but it's slightly refreshing to see rather than have all bots run along straight linear waypoints and disregard any damage done to them.

Just grabbed it on the Steam Sale for $4.00 -- and I have to say, I am extremely impressed by the engine, art direction, and fluidity.

The polish reminds me of nothing other than ID Software.

For an independent gaming company, this is tremendous. I think someone said it before, the engine outshines many AAA titles.

Back to playing it! Will tell you what I think in another five hours.

Back