Hate Newspapers Thread

Discussion in 'Fallout 4' started by Plautus, Oct 29, 2015.

1. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Literal Vampire Potbelly Goblin

Jun 15, 2015
    Hell with Mass Effect you at lest had some options to chose with what kind of military background and childhood Commander Shepherd had. With Generic Man/Women it looks like you won't even get that luxury. Their just going to Mary-Sue/Stu it because "power fantasy". Kinda like with Twilight having the most bland and soulless main character ever but it was easy for pre-teen, teenage girls and desperate middle age women to picture themselves as Bella Swan because Bella Swan had no personality other then being a wet brick so they just inserted themselves into the character. This is just bad and lazy writing and bad character development. I really wish writers would stop doing this.

2. Alleged Girl #9

Alleged Girl #9 Desert Ranger

May 18, 2015
    I kind of wish we could decide for ourselves whether protagonist man hates newspapers or not, but then it'd actually be somewhat of a... Roleplaying... Game... Who wants to play one of those?

3. Aniki

Aniki Just Works

Oct 9, 2015
    This pic would be a lot cooler if somebody photoshoped Fallout 4 on the cd.

4. TheChosen1

TheChosen1 Moving Target

Nov 8, 2012

Attached Files:

• [Like] [Like] x 11
  5. FedoricRhetoric

FedoricRhetoric First time out of the vault

Oct 22, 2015
    Those are some nice repeating integers you got on that post.

6. TheChosen1

TheChosen1 Moving Target

Nov 8, 2012
    Seems to be on your end. Blame @Korin.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  7. MKSaibot

MKSaibot It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 11, 2010
    HAHAHAH

I love it

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. Plautus

Plautus Angry Preacher

Nov 24, 2010

not my original content

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  9. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Gyro Captain

Dec 11, 2013
    Maybe Protagonist Man is a John Bircher who thinks all newspaper editorial boards are run by GODLESS COMMUNIST SCUM that have infiltrated the US and are working to undermine us from within.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  10. generalissimofurioso

generalissimofurioso The Hole Time Orderite

Jun 17, 2007
    Commander 111 is basically Liberty Prime made flesh.

LONG LIVE THE RAD FLESH, DEATH TO NUKA-DROME

11. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    I still like Dveller Shepherd looking for vault child the most.

At least this time. You can kick his butt.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  12. WarAlwaysChanges

WarAlwaysChanges First time out of the vault

Sep 30, 2015
    So wait, the new game has Orson Wells? super mutant Cain, starring ghoul Joseph Cotten who hangs out, asks me for a cigar and tells me "he wasn't always green". And feral Everett Sloane! Who may well have always been feral even if he wasn't always a ghoul.

I'd buy that game...

I'm sorry what were we talking about?

13. Magnus

Magnus Water Chip? Been There, Done That
    Modder

Dec 6, 2007
    Okay maybe I'm slow here, but what is this hate newspapers thing? Does the protagonist actually hate newspapers?

14. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    It's a pinnacle of dialogue, duh.

15. Askorti

Askorti HATE NEWSPAPERS

Jun 30, 2015
    Hate newspapers is the highest form of the art of writing. Bethesda writers under the leadership of Emil-dude have outdone themselves this time and provided us with the most captivating dialogues in the history of mankind.
    Hate newspapers is a symbol of true progress, of shedding old, archaic skin and stepping into the future filled to the brim with next-gen and immersion.
    Hate newspapers is not just an action or a stance, it's your whole being, your consciousness, your subconsciousness and your ego melding into one being transcending the human plane of existence. It's who you were, who you are and who you're going to be.

16. Magnus

Modder

Dec 6, 2007
    I still don't get it :D

17. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    It's a joke about the terrible dialogue wheel. One of the first gameplay scenes shown involved a "dialogue" between the player and Piper, and one of the possible responses to "What about you? Do YOU support the news?" was "(B) Hate newspapers". (B) Hate newspapers is 10/10 GOTY writing.
    A bit like the classic "[Intelligence] So you *somethingsomething completely obvious*" 10/10 GOTY writing Bethesda delivered before...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  18. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    If you STILL don't get it, than the HATE NEWSPAPER was writen exactly for people like you :P

Hey! I mean this in the most friendly way possible of course :wink:

19. Magnus

Modder

Dec 6, 2007
    Haha gotcha. I've watched almost no videos from the game aside from the E3 announcement, I try to stay away from reviews and forums until I've played it a bit more at least. But yes, I hate the dialog wheel and Bethesda's approach to dialogue in general.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  20. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    It was terrible, even for them. At least Bioware and Witcher handled it someway better.