Have you replayed Fallout 3 yet? How was it?

lmao said:
It's hilarious when you think of how a nerd from god knows where can make a wasted city 200 times more interesting than Bethesda's team.

Yeah, "can't wait" to see what they do to DOOM and Quake, now that Zenimax Media bought id Software. Things can only "get better" from here on.....

It's like they seek to bring the whole industry down around them, one classic franchise at a time.

All of the other criticisms aside, they never made any honest attempt to address the shameless ruin of the Enclave. For that, Fallout 3 remains very bitter tasting, and likely always will. I shudder when I hear of Bethsoft taking on any project outside of their native Elder Scrolls, for fear of what precious childhood memories will soon be shattered.

Perhaps George Lucas is doing their writing now? Only the man who turned something as purely awesome as the Empire into such a stromboni, could botch the greatest force in gaming history this badly.

The game is pretty good with some of the mods around.

FOOK2, FWE and WMK are the required mods IMO.

Vanilla Fallout3 for me would be too boring to play through a second time.

Aside from the minor cannibalism tweak I created myself, you pretty much listed the majority of the good mods for the game!

Yeah, I played through it two times and both times it was horrible. I really tried hard Bethesda, but as usual your shitty game design ruined my game experience.

Brother None said:
I've tried installing a ton of mods and replaying it. I expected it to be much more enjoyable, but I didn't get far before simply being bored out of the game. With the initial thrill of exploration and experimentation gone, this game simply doesn't offer anything.
This. Incredibly boring. There are some cool mods but they can't keep me motivated for long. I enjoyed the one that added Geckos and Wanamingos and some other stuff, the F3C makes gameplay much better but I just can't keep playing. The horrible dialogs and voice actors just make me cringe all the time.

since Fallout 3 GOTY on Steam is now 38 bucks until January I think I will get it, since I will not be paying for it, mostly for modding (fixing those horrible dialogues and voice actors is priority 1 at this point)

or I can have my brother send me his copy :twisted:

I replaying now. At this time I don't collect all the plats and tin cans, but I have the money and the best items, armours and weapons, anyway. I guess collect everything is not necessary. I found new places, new people, new quests. 8-)

I couldn't even bring myself to finish it once. It got too boring and repetitive. There's nothing interesting in there.

After finishing it, I uninstalled it and gave it to a buddy. Regret doing that sometime but I just begin to think about going through the motions and then get bored at the prospect.

Romulus said:
I knew it was pathetic and short beyond conception, but holy shit.

Well to be fair, although it pains me to say anything sounding like praise for FO3, you could beat FO1 in under ten minutes.

I have good memories of my first fallout playthrough.
I had absolutley no clue as to what I was doing in regards of SPECIAL or skill points.(First time a I touched a fallout game).

So logically I invested nearly all my skill points into big guns :P

I finished the game and the main quest in about 3 days along with a couple of side quests. The main story is the biggest anti-climax in a game EVER peiod.

On my second run through broken steel and a few other DLC's were out. I gave it another whack and bassicly the end results are the same.
You end up being extremly powerful with a house that has chock a block full of ammo, gear, food and water.

The game just rapes they whole idea that the living in post-apocalyptia is "hard."

Fenwick said:
Romulus said:
I knew it was pathetic and short beyond conception, but holy shit.

Well to be fair, although it pains me to say anything sounding like praise for FO3, you could beat FO1 in under ten minutes.

You are right, there is a FO1 and FO2 speedrun. The FO1 is like 6 minutes, the FO2 is about 14. I'm not sure, but something like that. You can find them on the same website. :)

I don't know how long is a FO3 speedrun, without that "flying bug" in the game.

Replaying FO3? As in, like, some of you people actually tortured yourselves enough to finish it once? :lol:

Also, since when has the length of the game had anything to do with its quality?

I tried playing it with bunch of mod like FOOK, MMM, FWE and a whole bunch of others and still found the game boring since there is not a single mod that fixes dialogs and the story.

I replayed Fallout 3 the second time with a character I aimed to get 100 in all stats with (this was before Broken Steel mind you. I put all kinds of work into getting the stat books and when the task was done I became extremely bored. It seemed I knew every inch of the Wasteland and basically only turned on the game for 15 minutes before getting sleepy and turning it back off.

The final straw was the bugs. I was just so damned sick of all the bugs. I had the vanilla 2008 version and it was just so broken. The goo/ash piles got to me the most. It got so bad that eventually I couldn't face Northeast without a huge vortex of glitched graphics appearing in the sky, which shot glitchy rectangular rays across my screen violently. I thought my 360 was going to break. I slapped the disc in the box and sold it at Gamestop the next day. I hated Fallout 3. Didn't play the game for 6 months.

I bought Fallout 1+2 and played them. Even though they frustrated me at first with the way too frequent enemy encounters (a problem I had to fix myself in the data pad file or w/e), I enjoyed them and began to feel they were better than FO 3. But after I was done with both I felt they were just too short and I wasn't very interested in playing the game again any time soon.

Got FO 3 again in December, GOTY, which fixed a lot of bugs and I learned how to better manage my character profile, and now I'm having a blast. I have a newfound appreciation for the game and remember why people love it so much. It felt like new again and now my mind is flooded with character classes I want to create and I'm enjoying the game even more than the first time around.

It was like the movie "Rocky Balboa".

On it's own, it's a decently enjoyable movie. If you compare it to the last Rocky movie before it... it's a GEM. But if you compare it to earlier Rocky Films, it just doesn't measure up.

Fallout 1&2 > Fallout 3 > Fallout Tactics/POS/etc.

i bought it used for Xbox360 and it has been worth the 20 bucks I spent on it.

Funny, I actually rate Fallout Tactics and Fallout BOS, well at least parts of the last, better than everything that was in Fallout 3.

Back