Help topic: Identifying books/comic books/movies/anything

It is from the Waffen-SS. More I don't know, though. Most likely some specific company or somesuch, but I'll guess you know that already. :>

Tagaziel said:
I've been trying to figure out the precise meaning and history of this badge:

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/9581/10454555_1.jpg?v=8CDC1B332EB5BE0

SS, possibly Waffen-SS, two black embroidered sig runes superimposed on a circular swastika with curved arms.

Anyone?

Google Fu identifies it as a "Germanic Proficiency Runes Award of the S.S. in Bronze."

"Germanske SS Dugleiksrunen Sportsmerket"

http://www.waffen-ss.no/dugleik.htm
http://www.nuav.net/norwSS.html

It has something to do with the Norwegian SS. Hope that at least points you in the right direction.

Thanks! Wanted to know, if the Bloodrayne GGG officer uniform designs are truly as "NOT DONE THE RESEARCH" as I thought them to be.

Lazarus, arise!

Okay, there was this film (or a mini series) I've seen as a kid. It was about Cold War, I guess, and among other things, featured the the event of the actual missile exchange. One of the more vivid memories about it was how the blastwave tore cities down, kills (rather, burns) people and the whole scene went through some sort of reddish filter (not Judgement Day, though similar in a way).
In the aftermath, there is a scene where a man (African-American, if I'm not wrong) covers himself with a blanket to protect from fallout, while at the same time looking at the destroyed city and the black rain pouring down. I have a feeling that this guy is some sort of military officer, but I'm not really sure.

I can't if this was exactly it, I know it is pretty vague, but someone may have watched it.

For additional help, I found this list, but I can't really go through it all - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Films_about_nuclear_war_and_weapons

In any case, if anyone recollects, is the film worth seeing at all?

Okay: I'm looking for a British tv-series that must have aired during the eighties. Hard to go into details, seeing I was only a kid back then, but:

[1] It was about terrorists, probably IRA.
[2] Two (?) of the terrorists were followed closely.
[3] One of them had a crewcut, bomberjack, he was actually very sympathetic, skinny guy, dialect
[4] I remember an attack on an important guy (w/ grey hair), a handgranade being thrown into the room where the guy was, and his bodyguard just jumps onto the grenade, saving the suit's life
[5] The atmosphere was raw, lower class

And that's about it, I guess. Mebbe some of our brits might know?

I'm looking for a televised film that was aired as part of a series of films about paranormal phenomena / E.Ts and the like. Each film was a totally different story / background.

The one I'm looking for was about a man who discovered a new kind of insectoid (something between termits and ants), and began to breed them in some sort of vivarium where the insectoids started to build complex structures out of mud. As the population was growing and developping, he had to make the vivarium bigger and bigger. Then one day some of the creatures somehow manage to get out, and into the house. Danger and suspense ensues.

That's when I had to shut the TV off because the parents came back, and I never knew what was to happen to the endangered family.

Need your help again. I've managed to find the original posters for the NCR propaganda, but three elude me:

NCRPropaganda5.png

I'm positive I've seen it before, somewhere. I guess Germany? Japan? 1945?

NCRPropaganda6.png

Has a similar aesthetic to American WW2 posters.

NCRPropaganda8.png

Something from the slap-a-jap series?

It was a movie out around 2000 with a bunch of guys camping in a snowy cabin in the woods. They noticed all the animals had reddish spots on them and also the animals were mass migrating away from the area. It turned out to be aliens that gestated inside you but instead of chestbursting they assbursted out of the bowels. Then morgan freeman comes in a plane and nukes the site from orbit.

Dreamcatcher, based on a story by Stephen King.

Need help identifying two USAF patches.

wyrd.png

or

wyrd2.png

I think they may be strategic bombardment, but I'm not sure. I don't think they're a variation of the fist of the fleet, though.

827th.jpg

Emblem of the 827th bombardment squadron of the 484th Bombardment Wing.

Google will also bring up mentions of this emblem belonging to the 41st bomb squadron of the 484th Bombardment wing. But that squadron doesn't exist in history, apparently.

Back