Homeless Man Bleeds to Death While People Watch

cogar66

Still Mildly Glowing
Homeless man Hugo Alfredo Tale-Yax, 31, a Guatemalan immigrant, collapsed on a New York street after being stabbed by a knife-wielding attacker. Tale-Yax had reportedly protected a woman from an attack, and was stabbed several time in the chest. Dozens walked by the dying man on the sidewalk. One even stopped to snap a picture of the man on his camera phone.
Even though there's a typo in the article the information is from the AP so it's legit.
Story and video here: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-viral-man-left-to-die-story,0,2163182.htmlstory

cogar66 said:
Homeless man Hugo Alfredo Tale-Yax, 31, a Guatemalan immigrant, collapsed on a New York street after being stabbed by a knife-wielding attacker. Tale-Yax had reportedly protected a woman from an attack, and was stabbed several time in the chest. Dozens walked by the dying man on the sidewalk. One even stopped to snap a picture of the man on his camera phone.
Even though there's a typo in the article the information is from the AP so it's legit.
Story and video here: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-viral-man-left-to-die-story,0,2163182.htmlstory

I heard about this on a satellite radio show today. It just proves how the human species is filled with a good number of horrendous people. Especially the piece of shit that actually stopped to snap a picture instead of dialing emergency.

This kinda thing isn't new. And I doubt it's limited to any specific country. Although I can imagine it happening more in larger cities like NYC and Chicago than smaller, especially with their larger homeless population. But I won't stick up for anyone on this. It's really shitty.

This is one reason out of many that as a general rule I don't like "People".

Professor Danger! said:
It just proves how the human species is filled with a good number of horrendous people. Especially the piece of shit that actually stopped to snap a picture instead of dialing emergency.

I would rounhouse that fucker in the side of the head.

Also, how did they know he was homeless?

I can't grasp this. It's, it's.

*shorted*

And you hear it more and more often.

Here in the Netherlands, in Amsterdam, in broad f*cking daylight in the busiest shopping street in all of Amsterdam, on a Saturday, a women was first raped, then robbed, then forced to take money from an ATM, then raped again. And NO ONE SAW ANYTHING!?!

Humanity's sick, my dear friends, terminally sick.

I propose we do a collection round here at NMA and buy an island somewhere in the Atlantic and start over. Don't take Alec, though.

I get the feeling that wouldn't work out as well as we'd like... Besides, I'd rather have the island to myself :violent:

Gotta say that the first thing that popped into my mind was, "Welcome to NYC." As has been said, it's pretty much how things go in all big cities and it certainly doesn't say anything good about people.

))<>(( said:
What the fuck is wrong with taking alec with us?

Why so hostile? And protective? Something going on here? :D

To answer you question; alec is a prime example of human depravity. Besides, he's Belgian.

P.S.
If you can't take a joke you can't come either.

We could make alec king of another island, to be used as a reference group.

He would set up a blockade of meener to embargo our importation of women with a "Foot tax". Our women will have no feet!

It's just crowd mentality. If one person witnessed this, or there was one person on the street stumbling upon the stabbed man, they would've helped: the blame rested on them alone.

But in a crowd, blame and guilt are distributed, so everyone expets the other one to do something.

It happened in my home city of Bucharest, right in the city center, on a boulevard, an old homeless guy was surrounded by wild street dogs that were trying to get him. This guy had a full beard and long hair and weilded a big club, swinging it around. The dogs were too many tho. And people stood and watched as the Neanderthal man tried to fend off the animals. I took out my pepper spray and sprayed the fuck out of the dogs - that was too fun. The old man ran away. People resumed walking on the street. Nothing happened, police was 100m away, didn't say a thing.

I know this is slightly offtopic, but Alec returned ? Didnt someoned mentioned he got banned or something ? Just curious though.

It made the news here today. Account said that a woman called 911, but was too inane to complete the call with a street address. Another moron called too, and mixed up the address, too. How stupid do you have to be for that?

Grin said:
Here in the Netherlands, in Amsterdam

That's because your country is the Den of Sin and allows ghei merriage. So I heard on Radio Maryja. This couldn't happen in a proper Catholic state, as we are always vigilant and on lookout for witches to stone'n'burn.

Or maybe it's just that lack of natural selection made most population of developed countries pussies, and the few non-pussies the wolves among sheep.

Grin said:
I propose we do a collection round here at NMA and buy an island somewhere in the Atlantic and start over.

We could even rename the +2 timezone "NMA Time"

Blakut said:
my home city of Bucharest, right in the city center, on a boulevard, an old homeless guy was surrounded by wild street dogs

Note to self: Take tear gas canisters and a dead-man switch ultrasound buzzer for trip to Rumunia.

Let's be honest, it's this guy's own fault. Maybe he should have thought about not being homeless if he wanted people to help him.

I'm curious why the woman he SAVED didn't call.

This story makes me still not want to live in or visit a large city ever again. That and the rats. Blakut brought up the crowd mentality thing. That's definitely not new and different versions of this story have happens all around the world (as was mentioned) as well as wonderful NYC. But people should learn or should be taught to fucking dial anyways. Emergency should be getting more than one call about this.

I've called it before. It's not hard.

And the guy that got the location wrong? WHAT THE HELL?! "Uh...I think i'm in Jersey?" I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Professor Danger! said:
And the guy that got the location wrong? WHAT THE HELL?! "Uh...I think i'm in Jersey?" I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Maybe a tourist? Ofcourse its still dumb, he could have asked someone if he wasnt sure for the right adress.

Back