Honest Hearts promotional pic spotted

Yes, I agree with you. Such swamp like sceneries might not scream "fallout" initially, but I am one who says that fallout must nit be
desert everytime. I actually enjoyed PLs atmosphere very well, even to a point where I could stomach retarded hillbillies. (in fact, a few parts of my mod feauture swamp
areas. :smug: ) But then again, for me, a strong atmosphere is the most important part of a game...

The Dutch Ghost said:
While I am not saying that Bethesda sabotaged New Vegas release as that would completely ridiculous to say, I do feel that there was less enthusiasm generated for it than for the 'inhouse' Fallout 3.

Uhm...duh? It was a quicky sequel done outhouse, of course they care less about it than Fallout. But I doubt that has much to do with delayed DLCs, excepting maybe if the budget for Obsidian's NV DLCs is lower than the budget of F3's DLCs was, which is possible.

Knowing Obsidian, I'd sooner postulate that they're dragging their feet because they aimed too high, design-goals wise. Because that's what they do.

gumbarrel said:
Just like when you really want an RPG, you play D&D instead, right? :smugoticon:

Can't stand D&D, absolutely not into fantasy with the exception being Planescape Torment as it was more alien than generic fantasy.

Always interested in science fiction or mystery/horror themed current day or futuristic RPGs though.

Brother None said:
But I doubt that has much to do with delayed DLCs, excepting maybe if the budget for Obsidian's NV DLCs is lower than the budget of F3's DLCs was, which is possible.

Knowing Obsidian, I'd sooner postulate that they're dragging their feet because they aimed too high, design-goals wise. Because that's what they do.

Those could be the explanations of what is going on, still if DM was made with a lower budget than Operation Anchorage for example I still find it a better effort.

Well I do like that Obsidian usually tries to put a lot of creativity into their work, but that also makes it more difficult for me to have patience when I am really looking forwards to their products. :P

Back