How did you discover Fallout ?

Well, i was about 6 when it came out, but i remember my dad bringing it home, and after a while my dad let me try it out. I thought it was the funnest game on the planet, this and Ultima 9.

I became in love with the game, you could do so much compared to ultima 9. Plus it ran alot smoother and had less crashes than ultima. Well anyways my dad pretty much introduced me and my brother to Fallout.

P.S. Fallout 3 doesnt have the original Fallout Vibe to it.

I went to my cousins house a loooong time ago when Fallout 2 was pretty new, played it for a bit and really liked it despite being young and not understanding the story properly.

Now i understand it and really enjoy playing it again.

Rented Fallout 3 last month and loved it. After I beat it, I decided to check out Fallout 1. Once I got used to the controls, I was addicted and lost all interest in Fallout 3. I just finished it and began Fallout 2, which, after some technical difficulties that I was helped out with in a timely fashion here, has been great.

A friend of mine told me at school about this awesome game that had endless possibilities, special encounters, a crashed alien ship in the desert, nuka cola, super mutants and fuking macgyver!

Needless to say, I *had* to have it.

I never did get ahold of a copy though, but a PC magazine i subscribed to gave out a free copy of fallout 2 a year later.

Endless bliss for several weeks.

My cousin tried to introduce it to me when I had my first PC (i was around 8) and I disliked it, it seemed too complex for me and it was in a foreign language. After a year or two it came out in a magazine I used to buy regularly (it was F2 actually). After 10 years it still surprises me.

My husband got his hands on early fallout games some years ago and by the time Fallout 3 came out, I was hooked.

My uncle hooked me up with (a demo of?) FO1 when it was still fresh, but it was too difficult for me back then, I was only 8 and didn't the understand English very well.

About 5 or 6 years later I bought the original, but haven't touched it for a while due to some PC issues. Then I installed it and it was looking good, but was frustrated with the friggin time limit (didn't have any idea about this great community and available mods) so I just quit it.

3 years ago I got myself a copy of FO2 and was immediately hooked. Beat the game several times w/o any mods, then a couple of times with the Restoration Project 1.2.

Just yesterday DLed Shattered Destiny and finished it in a couple of hours, and now I want to try something new (I posted in the "Which mods/patches for Fallout" http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=707881#707881 but no one replied yet. :( )

In any case, THE game.

It was back in late 2000, maybe mid October, I was having my cable modem upgraded and one of the installers had a burned copy of Fallout on him. Before he left he installed the game for me and guided me through how to play, how to kill the rats and at least survive getting out of the cave. (on my own I'd have never figured it out)

He also told me there was a FO2. Now, I'm no fan of pirated copies of anything, but without this guy having one with him I don't know if I'd ever have known about these games.

After playing that illegal copy of FO1 literally to death I went online and bought the jewel case of FO1&2 and of course the rest is history. I've also convinced about a dozen others to do the same over the years, as in buy these games, because as we all know these are some of the best games ever made, period. No other set of games has given me so much replayability value.

Believe me, I'm really, really ashamed to say this, but I first discovered it after playing Fallout 3. I was satisfied, but I didn't really get into it before I found out about Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics.

So I bought the Trilogy, and played it. And boy was it awesome. I really wish I was a little older, so that I could discover these games earlier on.

Right now I'm more interested in Project V13, Van Buren and everything Interplay has done, than I am in F:NV and FO3.

Back in 2001 I was in a shopping centre, in Electronics Botique when it was still around looking for a new game for the PC, and saw Fallout: Tactics, and what made me buy it was the description of the game world on the back of the CD case, before this I knew nothing of Fallout or the Fallout World.

I actually loved the game, and I'm glad I'd never played Fallout or Fallout 2 before this so I could enjoy it.

Then I got 2, loved it since, I got Fallout after I completed Fallout 2 and thereby completed three Fallout games in reverse order, unintentionally.

Oh and last week I caved and got Fallout 3 and it did infact live up to my expectationes. Because I knew what was coming. From reading this forum.

I'm currently planning on starting a new game on Fallout 1 which I have only played through once, and then playing 2 before forcing myself to complete 3 (using a shitload of mods :D)

I got the first Fallout in '97 or '98, when I was in the seventh grade. I checked out the box at a store, was impressed with a screenshot on the back of a guy blasting a radscorpion with a flamethrower, later a friend told me it was a really cool game so I picked up a copy. The rest is history.

Years later, I hadn't played an RPG I really enjoyed since Baldur's Gate 2 but Fallout had its childhood-nostalgia meathooks in me which persuaded me to give Fallout 3 a chance. After that experience I decided to make an account on the nma forums to bitch and moan since this seemed like the appropriate venue for that kind of thing.

I saw a copy of the White collection release when I visited Fry's a few months before F3 came out. I figured I better play the originals to understand everything that would be happening in 3.

So that assumption was horribly wrong but it was a great purchase anyway that I'm glad to have made.

I joined here basically because it's the only place on the internet I've found where a lot of folks appreciate the mystique of the original games having actually played them. But I'm more of a lurker that just drops by now and again. Usually the reason is getting news on New Vegas since I've gotten my hopes up for it.

In 1998 I was in the mall. I saw a lot of games, and this one oddly shaped box. It looked interesting, and it mentioned violence, sex, graphic language, and drug use? What 12 year old could turn that up?

I bought my copy back in '99 when I was in Canberra and was immediately amazed by its great story, replayability and overall awesomeness. Though I always wondered why I wasted 2 years to buy it

As proof that Interplay != geniuses even back in the day, I received three games (Fallout, MAX, and MAX 2) for free in the mail, for registering something I did not in fact register. Had to've been '98, but I didn't discover Fallout 2 until years later -- only shortly before Tactics, in fact.

Back