How did you discover Fallout ?

If you can't figure that out, how about browsing this section and reading posts pointing out the obvious flaws?

first i saw it was 10 years ago, I didn't have a comp back the so I went over to my best friend to se that technological marvel (the PC). He was playing F1(didn't know the name of it yet), needles to say I hated it, it looked like it was the most boring game ever (I was all about strategy back then and hadn't the faintest idea what an RPG was). Then a year later i finally got my own pc, and got a cd from my friend with a bunch of pirate games on it (back then in the part of the world where I live in you couldn't by original comp games, and even if you found a few they were insanely expensive), between them was something called Fallout, i've installed it and started killing rats in the cave.....even if it was boring i played trough it trying to wrap my mind around what the hell those green points were that running out each time i shot of the gun. Then my friend came over and showed me a couple of neat tricks like the aimed shots :D, and suddenly i was addicted to it, and couldn't stop playing it, it was my first RPG ever (since the 70% of the games I play are RPGs). Heck I remember I couldn't actually understand the concept of Karma for the first time and before battling the Master I cleared out Shady Sands, Junktown, and Necropolis, leaving no one alive, all this rampage in the name of leveling up :mrgreen:

It was a while ago, I was in search of a PC game to play. My PC was a AMD Athlon 550 Mhz with a TNT2 32 Mb and a whooping 128 Mb of RAM. I found Fallout in a small videogame shop downtown. Got cursious and bought it. I hated it in the first part, but started to like afterwards. Never regretted it. Tried F3, and am now hoping of Interplay rising up the grave.

I was at my friend's place in 98'. His brother, who's 12 years older, was playing Fallout 2. I saw him punch a gecko in the eyes, killing it on the spot - love at first sight. Borrowed, had to play with a walkthrough and a dictionary to understand what was going on because I didn't know English that well back then. Good times.

I found fallout at random in a used game store. Back then I had a p2 333mhz and a 4mb trident, and it was the only game my system could run. Best choice I ever made.

I was a teenager, and I went to Hastings with my friend Josh. We were bored, and my computer was an ancient thing at the time. In the 'discount PC games' section I stumbled upon a bundle of Fallout and Fallout2, and it just looked so interesting.

I bought it, and Josh and I have loved the games ever seen. Even Tactics, although the real time was crap.

My mom decided to buy a random game for my birthday back in 2003, which happened to be the Fallout Collection (1, 2, Tactics).
Fallout instantly became my favorite videogame series. :D

I was at Babbages looking at PC games (that my poor radio shack PC with cyrix PR166 cpu could run at the time :mrgreen: ) and I saw fallout I thought it looked interesting and was intrigued because I was a fan of X-Com: UFO Defense, so I thought I would try it out, It turns out, I got a game even better than X-Com (which is still one of my favs).

Was a fan ever since.

I forgot exactly how I came across it (think I heard about it from someone on the interwebs).

Anyway, I played a demo of it, and absolutely loved the gameplay. I was hoping to find a full copy at the Wal-Mart in my town. It wasn't of course.

I finally went up north to another town. I went to the Software Etc., and they didn't have it. I found the double-sided jewel case when I finally went to Target. There was one copy. I got it. Went home, played it, loved it, and it became my absolute favorite RPG I've ever played.

Good times. Good times. :)

Some friends were talking about it my freshman year and it sounded like an awesome game so I downloaded a demo for FO1 and got hooked by the demo so I ordered it. So I would of never played it if my friends didnt mention it. Not to long ago I thanked them for it.

I started with Fallout 3, which I bought because I'm a Bethesda fan. I hadn't heard of the series up until that point.

I borrowed Fallout 2 from a friend and I'm trying to get into it, I really am.

I have known about it for god knows how long, but i didn't actually play it until about 4 months ago when my ex wanted me to play.

I really wasn't too into it at first, i had no idea how to work the V.A.T.S. A few weeks after playing it for the first time my friend lent it to me.

I just gave him the game back yesterday...

I first heard about Fallout 3 last summer on the television, maybe some E3 coverage on G4. Its been years since I bought a game, it looked interesting, and I knew Bethesda were the cats who made Daggerfall so I bought it when it came out because I had nothing else to do.

Popped the disk in PS3 (yeah, thats right, PS3) played it and loved it. Liked the idea and concept of it, but it was weird and awkward when it came to gameplay, dialogue, etc. It was too much like Oblivion, which that game took me awhile to accept, and what I really loved was the concept of the Fallout universe.

Couple weeks later I downloaded Fallout 1 and 2. Played Fallout 1 and daaamn, where has this game been all my life! It's perfect! Love the setting, gameplay, story, loved everything about it. :D

I got up to the military base in Fallout 1, but had to stop because my computer decided it doesn't want to "live" anymore. So I gotta start over... no problem! :D Once the Fallout Trilogy came out I bought it right away; I didn't even know there was a trilogy coming out to stores, just saw it one day to my surprise and snatched it right off the shelf.

Once I finish Fallout 1, I going to start 2 right away!

Fallout is my new favorite game series. Love the first one, can't understand what happened with the third one... :? so different from the original and not in a good way. Now Fallout 3 is just an "alright" game, something I play to kill time, waiting for when the day comes that I can play the first one again. Those Deathclaws have had too long of a vacation! :twisted:

I'm pretty new to the community. I got into the games because my friend bought Fallout 3 and had a lot of fun with it. So I decided to buy it. I to had just as much fun and like the story of fallout so then I decided to tryout Fallout 1 and 2. I quickly found that although they were turn based (I tend to be more of a FPS fan but I also enjoy turn based games) the game was quite immersive. I actually ended up redoing my character because I didn't like how my character played and could never make it really far. So after putting more thought into my character so it was better suited to my playing style. I quickly found that although Fallout 3 story was good it was just based off even deeper plot. Plus the characters were also much more interesting.

SO I really liked Fallout 3 its one of my favorite games (I mean its a fun game) but its down on the list when compared to Fallout 1 and 2 which are clearly superior in almost every way)

So if your new to the series play fallout 3 first (that way you'll have the most fun with it) and then go to fallout 1 and 2 so you can play games that get progressively better and you'll probably get the most out of the games and the series as a whole.

Fallout 1 is my favorite though.

EDIT: Lol me and rufus have a similiar story

Came across a friend of mine playing FO2 way way back in 1998 I think. Got interested, tried it out, and well... I was hooked.

Fallout Pwns AvP

I meant to buy AvP2 But i had some spare money so i got Fallout 1 instead just to get rid of it turned out i enjoyed fallout much more than i enjoyed AvP2.

Back