How did you discover Fallout ?

Huh, that's probably one of the first few times I've ever seen someone flat out say that Fallout 4 doesn't exist to them, now with 76 on the other hand.
YES THIS GUY GETS IT! :clap:

There's a so much wrong with fallout 4 from the factions to i don't even want to begin it hurts. Fallout 3 has its flaws major ones but there bits of fake gold in that turd at least. so yes fallout 4 does not exist at all.

I started like most people did, seeing an ad for Fallout 3 and climbing onboard the hype train, couldn't get enough of the world so I went back and played the older games. I actually really wound up getting into Fallout Tactics of all things.

I started like most people did, seeing an ad for Fallout 3 and climbing onboard the hype train, couldn't get enough of the world so I went back and played the older games. I actually really wound up getting into Fallout Tactics of all things.
HECK YEAH!!! TACTICS FOR THE WIN!

I'm actually surprised to hear that you got into Fallout Tactics out of the three Interplay era games, again cool choice. :clap:

Funny story of how we (me and my brother) discovered the game. We watched our neighbour with a more powerful PC (I think he had 486 or an early Pentium) playing some unusual game (for some reason he didn't say how it was called, or we forgot) - cool guy in leather jacket, SMG's, shotguns, cool loud shootings, etc. We wanted it, but for some reason we couldn't have it (also CPU would probably not be able to run it).

Then after a year or two, my brother asked me to go and fetch a CD with a very popular Russian truck racing/sim game (Дальнобойщики) - basically a RL fetch quest So I did. Upon returning and opening CD case, we were disappointed to see there was a wrong disk inside. Some game called Fallout 2. So what the hell - let's see what it is. Not understanding any of the intros (it was probably in English, or we were just too impatient), we jump right into it... A half naked dude stands around near a fantasy-looking temple, holding a spear. Some totems, fire pits. Some dark rooms with giant ants. Yet another shitty boring fantasy game, I thought. Only later, realized it was the same game with cool dudes in leather jackets... Later to become my favorite game of all time.

I don't know how I'm really discovered the disc. I liked isometric style. I checked about comparison to Baldur's Gate or Planescape Torment but Fallout came first. And it was so big and impressive so for sure I had no possibility to pass Fallout 2. Before I played mainly quests and RTS

I can't remember if I already posted this here, but:

I didn't hear about Fallout until this guy showed me his Fallout Shelter vault. This was right before Fallout 4 came out, so I got into Shelter then was hyped for Fallout 4 since there was a robot that could call you fuckface so funny!!!

A year after the game came out, my dad gave me his xbox with Fallout 4. I got the season pass too. I tried Fallout 3 since it came free with FO4, it was okay.

A year later I was given a laptop for christmas and decided to buy the classic trilogy pack on steam. Later bought FNV Ultimate edition on steam too. I was having lots of fun, then Fallout 76 was announced...

I was still transitioning from Bethesda fanboy to classic/FNV fan so I was excited. I pre ordered the "Tricentennial Edition" on my xbox, played the BETA, and surprisingly liked it lots.

4 years of PC gaming and watching Fallout video essays by angry incels later, I've now become an angry incel on the verge of making a 5 hour long video essay about why I hate Bethesda's Fallout.

Woah thinking back far, I think I was about 8 years old when I first broke into an older cousin's room and played fallout 3. I never got out of the vault but I remember thinking it was really neat.

Cut to me at 15 when I hear about the Fallout franchise for the first time, the original memory was nothing more than "blur of me running through green tunnels in a strange game i dont remember the name of". I watched loads of youtube videos about fallout 4 and I was finally able to get at it that year. I absolutely adored it, beat it 10 ways to sunday. But i started to wonder about the other games, and lo and behold I learn about fallout 3 and watch a video. It was the game I had been unable to remember from all that time ago! It was honestly pretty shocking, but it turned me into a life-long fan of the series, I'm currently playing through fallout 2 for the first time and im loving it.

Played the first one when it came out. Brought back memories of Wasteland and post-apocalyptic films from the '60s and '70s. I think during the same thing the view of the future in pop culture was still one involving technological dystopia.

I first played Fallout 3 because my cousin had got it, before that I didn't really play many video games other than my moms old games from the 80s. I loved Fallout 3 and so I got New Vegas, and then I decided to go back and get the old ones. I waited until I could get them on sale and got Fallout 1, 2, and tactics. I was always a fan of turnbased RPGs but just never got around to the original Fallouts, but when I found I had the free time for them I purchased them. It didn't take me long to get used to the controls and before I knew it I was already immersed in the game.

Started with Fallout Shelter, then randomly bought Fallout 4 in a store. After years of playing I started to get interested in older games and found some videos of people talking of older Fallouts and I started to be interested, until I finally bought fo1 and 2 and played them. It was such an amazing experience.

I played it first time when I was in elemental school, which means decades ago now, I can't recall really how exactly I get to know about game. So probably not long after game was released. As in our country we did not had internet by that time I guess I get it as any other game by that time, there was shops selling games as copied CDs.

I remembere I played it again some years later.
What I clearly remember is year 2018, I get to idea to play it again but I immediately searched more about game as I assumed it may be patched by community as lot of good old games, and I was not wrong. So I put some time to read about things I never bothered before, some game mechanics, how weapons and ammunition works actually for example, etc., and I would not return if I did not found Restoration Project. So as I recall I used RP, latest SFall at that moment, Miria mod, and some tweaks mods but I don't recall which exactly, but that was exactly what I needed, some expanded and improved content, it was nice.

Now I made new install and I'm looking which mods I will use but that is for another topic.

Huh, that's probably one of the first few times I've ever seen someone flat out say that Fallout 4 doesn't exist to them, now with 76 on the other hand.
YES THIS GUY GETS IT! :clap:

Bruh, you should have seen how the OG fanase slagged Fallout 3 prior to and right after release....

We were known as glittering gems of hatred for a reason.

As for Fallout 4, rife with continuity errors, if you headcannon it as being a Institute simulation to test the lone survivor it actually makes sense as being something not real.

Bruh, you should have seen how the OG fanase slagged Fallout 3 prior to and right after release....

We were known as glittering gems of hatred for a reason.

As for Fallout 4, rife with continuity errors, if you headcannon it as being a Institute simulation to test the lone survivor it actually makes sense as being something not real.
Yeah I've seen the archives, you guys were RUTHLESS to Bethesda back in the day. Although some took it a bit too far with how they went about it, the rest however I'd say it was all warranted! :ok:

Hmmm that's an interesting way of looking at the story of Fallout 4.

:-)

I mean, Fallout 4 has a fair number of issues.

All the X-01 armor for example.
It stands to reason the Institute at some point captured examples or visuals at least, however they are still ignorant of it being a post war Enclave design.

Or the power armor using fusion cores only, when all prior power armor had its own nuclear fuel source that could last a century, you could view it as the institutes knowledge of prewar military tech being less that up to date as well as fudd lore seeping in....

Tho tbh its always seemed to me that the simple solution to power armor power sources as well as vetfer balance is the nuclear power plants for most power armor have gone thru enough halflifes that they either cant power the armor any more, or have can only male serious use of the armor for short periods of time, with the option to convert a suit to FC use or get the nuclear fuel cells to refuel the reactor.

But yeah easy to be brutal on Bethesda, they've gotten lazy in their world building.

Lazy in their world building is an understatement. They straight up didn't do any world building in 3 and in 4 they gave a very halfhearted effort

My first Fallout experience was with 3. I barely missed 1 in the late 90s because I was going from teenage kid in to adulthood and now I had responsibilities and no time for games. Fast forward to 2010ish life is slowing down now I can play games again. Bought an xbox 360 and was browsing for games and came across a game set in post apocalyptic DC and for 10 bucks I was in.

I thoroughly enjoyed 3, I ran out and bought New Vegas and learned about everything 3 was missing and now 3 feels hollow but I still like it

back when i was a kid i found a website with a ton of abandonware games, there was a version of Fallout 1 without cutscenes and talking heads there, i started playing and trying to grasp the mechanics and all the jazz but i kept getting a game-over screen because i wouldn't find the water chip, because of this is started playing with a dictionary by my side and that's also how i learned english.
(not a native speaker)

Back