How Do You See The Fallout Series in 20 Years?

ArmagdoGaming

First time out of the vault
Bethesda... Bethesda never changes. Making bad games, yet publishing good games.

I think Bethesda pretty much ruined Fallout. Yes, Fallout 3 included. They forgot what makes the series great. The characters, story, lore, the "theme" of the game, etc.

I saw the trailer of 76, felt that it the world was a little too "Healthy", commented "Why do the trees look healthy in a Post-Apocalyptic world?" a Bugthesda fan commented "its because the bombs just fell in the game stop bitching till the game comes out" (This is a direct quote, thus the bad English).

Take a look at Fallout 3, 4 and 76. All of the 3 games are bad. Really bad. I won't go on to tell you why, because you probably already know why.

Anyway, how do you see the Fallout franchise in 20 years? Will it improve? Or will Bethesda keep breaking the lore?

I find it weird that people like OxHorn are defending Fallout 76, but you can defend what you want, I suppose.

Short answer: It's already Dead
Long Answer: There's no much damage they can really do. They've already turned the IP into a parody of itself (Seriously, F76 is basically what the first game was satirising). In 20 years... well... they could improve. But that's a long shot. Honestly, the worst it gets, the more entertaining it would be to see Bethesda fail. I like 3&4, but I want better games out of them. At this point, it's probably just best to leave Fallout alone. Let it die.
It's that series we can return to every now and then and be happy it exists. We got 3 really good games out of it, that's more than what some IPs could ever achieve.
Honestly, my hate for Bethesda has died down over the years. I can't muster up the pure rage I once could. There's no point. It's just a game. So yeah, Bethesda will keep putting out these games as long as they sell. They won't sell the IP as it still brings in loads of cash. As long as Bethesda has the IP, we shouldn't expect things to change.
So yeah, Fallout is dead.

In 20 years? It took them 10 years to ultra-deteriorate from FO3, through 4, to 76... I can only imagine unprecedented further deterioration

In fact, I took my time to create this graph, to illustrate the going trend
fo.png

Well, in 20 years Todd will be retired (he will be 67). So who knows if Fallout will still be popular with new gamers.

Todd sells, and without him, I wonder if they will be able to lie so much.

Anyway, new Fallout was doomed from the start. I don't see it coming back.

In 20 years? It took them 10 years to ultra-deteriorate from FO3, through 4, to 76... I can only imagine unprecedented further deterioration

In fact, I took my time to create this graph, to illustrate the going trend
View attachment 11180

That's a graph of my life.

(Also, New Vegas Very Bad?)

Edit. Stolen to create a shitty meme

After playing Resurrection and Nevada this summer I've got hope. Really if you haven't played it, do it.

There are really cool quest mods for Vegas, Frontier is around the corner, Mutant Rising is on the horizon, Fallout the Story recently got revived, there is still no translation for Olympus and Nevada team works on Sonora.

It's alive.

If I'm alive and well, I'll probably see Fallout the way I see it right now - like one of my favorite games and most important experiences in my life. Except it will be a 40-years-old title, not 20-years-old.

I can see some people still trying to make van buren.

I must confess, while Van Buren was still actually something to anticipate, I had my doubts. After all, it would still be the 3rd main installment, where the 2nd had allready gone towards more pop-culture and big-bad-boss approach. A lot of people felt dissapointed in FO2 (I did not, since I enjoyed the much extended gameplay factor by having such an increase in map, towns and quests). FO PoS was allready a thing, and FO Tactics was a thing, even if the latter was not bad at all, it was a serious departure from what FO originally was

Bethesdas FO3 was just so dumb that Van Buren immediately became that baby which was stolen from us

As awesome as New Vegas is, I was never that much on board with the whole Cæsar/Roman empire/Roman attire angle, I find it a bit cosplayish in the middle of what could be a much more serious approach to growing nations and dawning geopolitics, and from what little I know of Van Buren, that's one of the things it would revolve around

(that said, the nostalgic in me cries and cries over the loss of another "world map" with undiscovered green circles emerging out of the fog of war :'( )

I can only hope it'll be dead within 5, so the threat of the further rot and staining of Fallout lasting two decades into the future brings me to the verge of fifty aneurysms.

What i meant is that it feels like Van Buren is like Don Quichote for Orson Welles and Terry Gilliam. People keep trying and trying and it seems to never be a tangible thing.

Back