How many of us actually finished FO4?

It's not worth a discount let alone for free. If you want to replicate the equivalent of playing that game simply take your head and repeatedly bash it off your desk until you feel like you have suffered brain damage.

I played Fallout 4 to the end twice, I know I have suffered brain damage.

RPG stand for Really Powerful Guns! Pre-War world was paradise! Skill checks are redundant!..... *is taken away to the electrotherapy room*

RPG stand for Really Powerful Guns!
x7myDU3.jpg

Nope never finished fallout 4 ending. Was quite intrigued to however all that crap with Kellogg kinda put me off. I also was kinda stupid as in my game it was like a year after coming out of the vault, you would kinda give up then. The whloe institute story line is BS though so yeah

Im sutcked trying to find the tunnel to the Institute. Left it like 4 months ago and Im seriously thinking to delete it. Simply, it is not worth the effort.

Well in my opinion RPG for Fallout 4 stands for Really Pathetic Game.
How could you say that you pos should be grateful for bethesda to actually aknowledge and plug the plot holes left by horrendously written Fallout 2!
Den of plebs! /s

On a serious note, I have finished Fallout 4 twice, the 2nd one for the review purposes. At this point, this game just lost identity in excange to be a modern open-world title, so really nothing serious aside from a facepalm I've injured. I don't think it unironically could deliver some mental injuries, aside from a toxic fap material for a BoS lovers.

Last edited:
Well I did twice. Once with the minutemen, once BOS. Have not put an hour into the game since before the 3rd settlement DLC. Boy do I regret buying the game and even worse the season pass.

Only once so I could review it in full. Technically twice. The first time I won it with the Railroad, but in my previous save I was best buddies with the Brotherhood and the Minutemen too, so I went back a little while and won it with the Brotherhood instead to see what that was like. Once I saw it was basically just the exact same thing with like 1 different slide, I didn't bother trying to get the Institute and Minutemen endings. I then proceeded to uninstall the game until Far Harbor came out, played that for review purposes, then uninstalled it again. Hasn't been played or touched since in my Steam library. I do want to install it again however just to see how bad Nuka World is, but eh, it's not worth my time.

Nope never finished fallout 4 ending. Was quite intrigued to however all that crap with Kellogg kinda put me off. I also was kinda stupid as in my game it was like a year after coming out of the vault, you would kinda give up then. The whloe institute story line is BS though so yeah

A genuine sense of urgency is always a challenge in rpgs though, to be honest - but some games pull it off by... well, organizing things a bit differently.
In FO2 your urgency died away quite naturally, with the realization that your village elder is kind of naive and unknowing about the world, she sends you to Klamath - certain salvation is found there, and once you get there, you realize the world is huge, your village elder is kind of dumb, and you will need to search high and low for it - which will take time.
This is very different from finding a baby before it expires, despite the baby angle being used supposedly to draw more emotion from you "FEEL for the baby! FEEL!!!"

In Witcher 3 I also think they pulled it off, by, well, not making it about a fragile baby, but tracing someone who CAN take care of herself. I never felt like I was deviating too much from my main quest in neither Witcher nor FO2, despite derping around sidequests - but in FO4 I felt like it *immediately* precisely because they framed it around the survival of an infant - AND because every time Shaun is mentioned, they push the super-urgency through the players own voice (best idea in the history of ideas)

One game which I thought handled not giving too much of a sense of urgency was Morrowind.

It made you feel like your quests were important, and you needed to do them soon, but there were always times you were given breaks to go and experience the world by being told "Why not join a guild so you can increase your standing in the world?" or "We need time to figure things out, so you should go and visit this area if you haven't already".

me did.
i love the dugmeet and gools. piper is bae
the guns are very good also better than jew vegas. pipe rifle is bae
settlement building is good an enhanst by mods also. pipe structures extended is bae.

671.23 hours no regrets! all dlc bought! XDxDDDXdxdxdxdxg

I finished Fallout 4 once. I doubt I will ever finish it again. I actually rather enjoyed the game for what it was the first time. I mostly enjoyed the open world exploration and weapon customization. The settlement system was a good time waster when I was bored, though it was a very clunky system. The snap system was broken, there weren't enough building options, and bugs lowered happiness in all of my settlements. The storyline, ending, and characters were rather lackluster, but I thought Fallout 4 was a pretty decent experience. I guess it's just not you guys' cup of tea, but it's really not a bad open world shooter with light RPG elements when you take away the expectations that come with having Fallout in the name.

After I finished the game, however, I was saddened by the realization that the game has no replay value. The main reasons for this being the way the character is imposed on you, how the endings are the same, how you are forced to always build the same character, and the fact that every quest only has one way of doing it. One of the things I love about New Vegas is that it has a lot of replay value. I do multiple playthroughs each year and am yet to get tired of it. It succeeds everywhere that Fallout 4 fails, and more. As a one-time experience, Fallout 4 wasn't that bad to me. There are plenty of linear games that I enjoy.

I have tried starting a new character before, but I didn't get far. I'm doing the same things in the same way and there is no enjoyment there.

Replay value is zero the second time though.

I finished it. Cost me 3 "boring long breaks" in 6 months or so, and resume because I wanted to finish it at least once.

I seriously couldn't bring myself to finish it. I played about 60 hours

I played about 4 hours and I probably won't ever touch it again; by comparison, Fallout 3 - full of shit as it turned out to be, it was "uncharted territory" as a game back then - I managed to finish at least once (around 50-60 hours) before letting go (that was back in 2009).

At this rate, I'll play Fallout 5 for around 30 minutes before letting go, and Fallout 6 for 5½ minutes. Statistically there's absolutely no reason for me to even consider putting money on these games. :smug:

Last edited:
>Can see every single ending in 2 playthroughs.

GG Bethesda.
Well, better than Fallout 3, where you had only one ending.
And technically, Fallout 1 and 2 had only one "true" ending each, too... But there you could at least collect all the different ending slides :D

I find it frustrating that this thing keeps playing in my mind, most probably because I finished all the previous titles and spin offs, how bad they sometimes were.
I know you are all right. Hell I have experienced it myself when I played the game last year and quit before I even reached the Institute.

It probably mostly comes up because I have not found any other game in the meantime that I have been able to 'loose my heart to' so to speak (that last Metroid game I played sadly did not live up to the quality of the series)

I really hope ME Andromeda will be at least good for one walkthrough. Finishing ME3 already sometimes felt like a chore.

I really tried to finish the game, but the level scaling, retarded plot, characters and basically everything else took away any will to do that.

The furthest I got is meeting Shaun and shooting him in the face... Then the game locked me up so I unistalled for the first time.

After that i tried to finish it again, but I found Preston Garvey and tried to shoot him in the face, but he wouldn't die no matter what. After that I gave up and just gave a negative review to every single DLC and the base game of this crap.

Back