Hugo Chavez

donperkan

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
HugoChavez.jpg

:salute:

Chávez is alive in the Venezuelan and Latin American people. A sad fact that he died, but it fills us with hope, when we see how the people who supported him have reacted, and how many they were.

Néstor Kirchner in Argentina, Hugo Chávez in Venezuela... the leaders can and will eventually die, their deaths cried, but the people that gave them their power will still be there to carry on with the struggle.

Eternauta said:
Chavez is alive in the Venezuelan and Latin American people.

Nope, quite dead, at last.

Eternauta said:
A sad fact that he died, but it fills us with hope, when we see how the people who supported him have reacted, and how many they were.

A joyful fact, in fact.

Eternauta said:
(...)the leaders can and will eventually die, their deaths cried, but the people that gave them their power will still be there to carry on with the struggle.

Ha, quite a few aren't exactly crying... As for the desperate and ignorant that kept putting him in power, yes, they'll still be desperate and ignorant unfortunately... others carry on as well, yes; the corrupt inept parasites that were his subordinates and that are now all over the place with almost unlimited power...

bah, your trollin' cannot ruin my joy.

X'il, don't be such a cliché, you can do better than that. But since this forum is related to gaming I will just say you're clearly a noob when it comes to Latin American reality.

Eternauta said:
X'il, don't be such a cliché, you can do better than that. But since this forum is related to gaming I will just say you're clearly a noob when it comes to Latin American reality.

hahaha... ok, made me post. I'm venezuelan, 'nuff said.

If that is true, then I must say I feel proud a fellow Latin American is the author of the Long Hair Dude, the Bald Hair Dude and those custom animations.

So you're a Venezuelan that hates Chávez, but it's still true that the majority of your countrymen saw his government as the best thing to choose, for years and years.

We got people like you in Argentina as well, they loved it when Néstor died, they will love it when Cristina dies. It's kinda pathetic to be happy because you don't like the president and he died. I know many people who think like that and they all say we need more dialogue and comprehension, then celebrate someone's death?

I will let your ill joy about Chávez's death last a few days while our joy about the path we've chosen lasts way more.

Hmmm... spoken like a true cult of personality type, who's the latin american cliché now?

FYI, my heart marches to the left 2,3,4 (like that Rammstein song)

x'il = me 13 years ago, when Tudjman died.

As for me now, I feel sorry for Chavez the human, because no one should have to suffer and die like that. However, I have little sympathy for Chavez the politician, and believe Venezuela will be better off without his autocratic rule.

Loving a politician like most of the Venezuelan/Argentinean people loved Chávez/Kirchner is cult of personality and it is bad, but hating a politician like part of the Venezuelan/Argentinean people hated Chávez/Kirchner to the point of being happy with their death is ok. This fucking commie died, that's all that matter. Latin American right wing in a nutshell.

I am note sure what happened with the death of some European USSR-lovers, but down here in the South we have total freedom to say what we want and vote who we want, so I am not sure how much we can compare the two situations.

Not that loved, 55-45 was the last election, and most of those 55 voted out of unfounded fears, instigated by dead truly' propaganda machine, of being cut off the social programs (complete nonsense of course, there's no right with any kind of power here anymore, it's been hammered to oblivion during these past 14 years - which was for the best, imo).

So no, not that loved, the crying 'lovers' just squeal the loudest.

A change is needed and 6 more years of his crap has been suddenly reduced to zero... not bad at all. :D

As a Latin American, I am neither glad that he died, nor I am sad. Man had an over inflated ego and kept his country in rather poor state, he acted like a child in front of opposition, and hsi supporters were no better, some threating him like some sort of demigod.
On the other hand, Dying of cancer sucks, my grandfather died of that too. But I still find hillarious some of his supporters are still yapping about the cancer gun. Like, Chavez the rather fat man didn't have any unhealthy habits that would lead to develop certain kinds of cancer.

Walpknut said:
As a Latin American, I am neither glad that he died, nor I am sad. Man had an over inflated ego and kept his country in rather poor state, he acted like a child in front of opposition, and hsi supporters were no better, some threating him like some sort of demigod.
On the other hand, Dying of cancer sucks, my grandfather died of that too. But I still find hillarious some of his supporters are still yapping about the cancer gun. Like, Chavez the rather fat man didn't have any unhealthy habits that would lead to develop certain kinds of cancer.

Par for the course here.

Hah, the man unearthed the remains of the Liberator supposedly to prove that he was assassinated and proved nothing... maybe someone will do the same to his remains in the future. lol

Hey Hugo.

fGVF5T5.jpg

(I don't know diddly-squat about Venezuelan politics, except that this whole king of Spain thing was popular with expats? I thought it was funny as hell for some reason.)

First Berlusconi doesn't get re-elected, then Khadaffi gets killed, now Chavez dies? The world is quickly running out of funny politicians.
Here's hoping for a long life for Kim Jong-Un, the last and best hope for rulers doing incomprehensibly dumb shit.

Back