Infinity Wards is dead

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Verd1234, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Verd1234

Verd1234 Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jan 16, 2009
  2. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    that comment speaks the truth. What ever if he worked for them now or not

I worked for Activision last year. I saw this coming, and I don't blame them for leaving. They're all about the quantity, not about the quality.

3. maximaz

maximaz Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 2, 2006
    There will be a shit load of games like COD. There won't be another like Fallout.

4. Wooz

Wooz Vault Sweeper Admin Orderite

May 18, 2003
    Pfft. It's not as they executed the staff, is it?

In fact, the dudes that led IW's team opened up another studio recently, Respawn Entertainment, under the nurturing oh-so-loving, warm wing of <s> satan</s> EA.

5. shihonage

shihonage Made in USSR

May 8, 2007
    Having paid $40 for their latest 3-hour game that was worse than both COD4 and COD5, I'm not upset by these news.

6. Kilus

Kilus Not Australian Orderite

May 3, 2003
    They don't have a brand to rely on so maybe they'll have to concentrate on innovative gameplay.

7. aenemic

aenemic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jun 4, 2008
    CoD died a long time ago so I don't really care. I wish them all well and hope they end up working on something more interesting instead.

8. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    Give it time and you will be working for THEM toooooo ... *evil voice*

9. Nark

Nark Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 6, 2008
    :rofl:

EA are definitely not as bad as Activison, but they're definitely <s>up</s> down there.

I'd say Kotick is the Satan of gaming.

10. MrBumble

MrBumble Vault Fossil

Jan 17, 2006

Is it ? :|

11. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded Vault Fossil

Jun 17, 2003
    It's a strange industry when studios put out highly successful games and then close.

12. WillisPDunlevey

WillisPDunlevey Mildly Dipped

Feb 2, 2010
    its probably a way to run with the money and not pay out debts.

13. rcorporon

rcorporon So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Orderite

Jan 31, 2008
    Looks like royalties weren't paid, along with a bunch of other issues.... looks good on Activision.

14. CloudlessDruid

CloudlessDruid Not a Soviet Droid Orderite

Oct 11, 2008
    The game industry is crazy, really. It makes no sense whatsoever, whatever happens in its. In the past, when REAL geeks did games, everything was better. Not now, with these executive-geeks leading the industry.

15. Flop

Flop Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 10, 2004
    Luckily, real geeks still make games. I find that the best games these days are usually made by tiny independent studios.

16. PastaMasta

PastaMasta Mildly Dipped

Sep 25, 2008
    Next it will be "gaming is dead". :lol:

17. Leon

Leon A Smooth-Skin

Oct 10, 2008
    Whoop-dee-fuckin'-doo. Without IW, how shall I sate my thirst for my annual regenerating health and unintelligible 4-hour-long Russian- and brown-people-killing Oscar Mike fests?

Oh, wait.

18. Wooz

Wooz Vault Sweeper Admin Orderite

May 18, 2003
    :)

19. Ravager69

Ravager69 Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 21, 2007
    Finally. I'm actually happy to hear this.

20. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    That would be soooo awesome. Seriously. Apocalypse in gaming world. We need. A great clansing, just eradicate all of them the evil EA, the obtrusive Ubisoft, and frumpy Activision. The Gamerclass needs a new revolution and become free of the big mind controlling gaming companies which only want sheeps not thinking gamers and are so huge that the small poor coder or individual developer knows his boss only from a large picture on the office wall inside his working cell !