Introduce yourself! AKA the "Say hello" thread

Faceless_Stranger said:
Jeezus... 800 hours? That's almost a MONTH... dedication...
Was fun while it lasted but I don't think I can go back to that game for at least 10 years. Overplayed is overplayed.

I am Kreshna Aryaguna, and I live in Indonesia. Indonesian typically doesn't have surname, an example, the current President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono; Yudhoyono is the given name from his parents instead of surname. But despite that fact, many Indonesians put their father's name as some sort of "surname". Thus, my long name.

I'm a 35-years old bachelor, and a small-time enterpreneur in IT consulting and solution provider. My clients are mostly government offices in West Java Province.

I like old games, and am currently building legacy systems for DOS/Windows98 dual boot. I also love to write, and play games of STGOD. I also like to write gaming After-Action Reports, like this, and this. Unfortunately I'm now too busy to engage in my hobbies and interests.

Fallout, of course, is still my biggest passion in RPG. While other RPGs give you magic swords and the likes, Fallout gives cool things like Pancor Jackhammer and .223 pistols. The one thing I love most about Fallout is that you need to use certain type of ammo for certain type of firearms. Yes, others have done the same, but barring squad-level wargames like Jagged Alliance, Fallout is the one that gives such details in its ammo-firearm relationship.

I am a geriatric raver. I love, and always love trance music. But I don't do drugs. I have certain objections against drugs, especially since my ex-gf is addicted to a hard drug (that's also the reason we broke up).

I'm also a recovering alcoholic, and still a heavy smoker.

Beside trance, I also love ambient trance (such as this), chillout (like this), trip-hop (like this one), world music (like this), and electronica in general. My preference for electronica, however, is more geared towards trance derivatives and lounge music instead of progressive house or industrial.

Anyway, I also have a social networking account. While MySpace has shown everything that is wrong with social networking sites, I still find them pretty convenient to get connected with ex-classmates and old friends.

I'm also a compulsive ebay shopper, especially when it goes to vintage hardware and old games. Also, if you have spare parts for Thrustmaster joysticks, like potentiometers, springs, and especially button knobs, I'll be very interested to buy.

The following is a photo of mine during an elementary school reunion (yup, elementary school! Apparently social networking sites aren't really that bad). People say that trilby hat, hawaiian shirt, and white trousers are my (weekend) trademark.
01.jpg

Indonesia sounds cool as hell. I have a lot of friends from there, but never visited there myself.

I wanna go to Lombok next year. My friend's a reggae musician, originally from Lombok. He used to own like the only restaurant on the island, but that's many years ago.

SkuLL said:
Indonesia sounds cool as hell. I have a lot of friends from there, but never visited there myself.
You know them from forums? I have a lot of friends worldwide whom I've never met IRL; I met them on internet forums.

SkuLL said:
I wanna go to Lombok next year. My friend's a reggae musician, originally from Lombok. He used to own like the only restaurant on the island, but that's many years ago.
IMO, Lombok is better than the over-commercialized & polluted Bali. Makassar is also a good place, especially when you like seafood.

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman said:
You know them from forums? I have a lot of friends worldwide whom I've never met IRL; I met them on internet forums.
No, some I met last year in Australia and a couple while studying in Switzerland. I don't count online friends as friends :)

Hey everyone, resident new guy here.

I discovered Fallout after my friend ranted about it for a few weeks then jumped on the bandwagon when Fallout 3 came out. I've since bought the re-release but have had some minor problems with it working.

Other then that I'm a college student in "upstate" New York. Professionally unemployed I am studying aviation (hence the name). So I think I've exhausted all the most interesting facts so...thanks for the resources I guess :)

Hello everybody, another newcomer here.

I really don't have much to say about myself, except that I'm a 20 year old college student.

I got into Fallout when my friend bought me number 3 for my birthday last year. I loved it and went out and bought the Trilogy. Number 2 is my favorite in the series, but I love all the games.

And that's about it. See you guys around I guess. :)

Hello, NMA.

My nick is Stonelizard and i found my way to you through Bethesda forums. They locals there were quite fond of you, so i decided to take a peek. :D

To my chagrin, i still haven't played the first two Fallouts, but plan on do so on one of my business voyages. Also, neither is English my native language, nor German, but Russian, so i beg for pardon for occasional bad grammar. :P

It's nice to get to know you.

Stonelizard said:
Hello, NMA.

My nick is Stonelizard and i found my way to you through Bethesda forums. They locals there were quite fond of you, so i decided to take a peek. :D

To my chagrin, i still haven't played the first two Fallouts, but plan on do so on one of my business voyages. Also, neither is English my native language, nor German, but Russian, so i beg for pardon for occasional bad grammar. :P

It's nice to get to know you.
Yosh.
Your English is fine, not top class but it's still real good.
And I hope you have fun playing the old games.
Just don't start charging out into the wasteland without knowing where you're going.
That's a quick way to get yourself killed. :p

Hi guys, I'm new here and have every Fallout game plus all the Fallout 3 add ons and am awaiting New Vegas.
I've completed Fallout 3 three times and it never seems to bore me. Even through there are those of you out there who probabily hate Fallout 3. I thinks it's brilliant.

New Vegas, here we come, with Flamers and alien pistols, and discs of BoS as enemy's.

Wow, that's dedication, you even have copies of fallout extreme prototype, Fallout van buren demo, tactics, and BoS? If so you are really dedicated, and welcome to the club, if not, than I still say welcome to the forums.

John B. said:
Wow, that's dedication, you even have copies of fallout extreme prototype, Fallout van buren demo, tactics, and BoS? If so you are really dedicated, and welcome to the club, if not, than I still say welcome to the forums.

I haven't got extrem, Van Buren and BoS isn't a Fallout Game, at least I don't include it as one. I have however got Tatics and I enjoy it alot.

Back