Is NV too much NCR-Sided?

gongos

First time out of the vault
Hello! I just registered and wanted to participate a bit on the fallout talk. Anyway, one of the issues I had with FO NV, after completing my third run, the Legion run, is how poor legion side is compared with NCR.

In fact, it is a bad idea to become an enemy of NCR early in the game, you miss A LOT of quests. You run into NCR early in the game, and you pretty much run into them on every corner of the map. Even at the strip.

Whereas, with Legion, you barely get two quest outside the Fort, and one of them is "go and spread the word"... it's actually part of an NCR quest. The other one is destroying Fort Hope, but when you compare it to the mutually exclusive quest from the NCR side, NCR version has more tasks and it is simple better. Legion just sends you to kill them, with little dialogue and or support.

After you get to the fort, you get like 2 side quests. One repairing the cannon, which is a stupid one. The other one leads to the plot at Camp McArran to bomb the tram. This one was better, but hey, guess what! At that point, NCR hated me so much that there was no way to actually do that quest beyond convencing some Omerta's thug to leave the girl alone. And when I attacked camp McArran, I couldn't even free the prisioner there.

Furthermore: companions. Cass is with NCR. Boone hates Legion, and is also NCR sided. Veronica will join you, but you eventually have to clear out the BoS chapter. And, unlike with NCR side, you can't arrange a truce. However, there is no exclusive Legion companion that hates NCR so badly.

It seemed to me the legion side was a bit rushed, and many potential ideas to exapnd and work with weren't finished.

I was going to make a topic on this myself.

For one 90% of the map is hostile to anyone clad in Legion armor, you can't say, go to your house in Lucky 38 to get supplies, dressed as Legion, without being bum wrapped by NCR.

Most followers will desert you if you choose to help the Legion, and the Legion camp has very little of interest there, you can fight three people in the arena (excluding Benny) but even that option is denied to you if you're a female PC.

There is no real Legion owned land, leaving the Fort fast travels you to the Cove, which is really dissapointing, so much space on the map, completley un used.

Furthermore, the NCR actually has perks to it, the radio for example, heck i loved walking around with a couple of NCR guys with me, it was pretty good and helped me roleplay my NCR PC. Why can't the legion have something similar? Like, flares, or beacons for example.

Why one want my final battle to be alongisde half a dozen axe weilding twats, I do not know.

No Legion followers, no Legion territory, constant attacks by others if one wants to wear the faction armor, hardly ANY Legion quests, no benefits, no real reason to side with them, and they're overtly evil.

gongos said:

You baaaaaaastard, they were my brothers man, brother's in arms, and you killed them you sick bitch I hate you damn it, why god why!

Ergghhhhhm, anyway. I found that aswell I found it very hard for me to find actual deep information and back-story for the legion, although everywhere there was quests for the ncr, and loads of terminal digs for them as well, so yeah, hopefully after dead money they will release a grand canyon dlc.

Yes.. Yes so much..
I had installed a bunch of mods so I could improve the legion, spread them out and the like.

The one flaw I saw that transferred from fallout 3 is that the legion just like the enclave are overly evil and painted as the evil faction which makes them incredibly retarded in the way they fight and do things. With characters like artumn it was pretty painful to have no choice in the matter of who to side with but the salt in the wound was moments like in broken steel where the enclave have their own orbital laser they could have used but just didn't for no reason.

In Vanilla it made me wonder how the legion was considered a thread as I didn't see it.

First time you encounter NCR: good soldiers trying to defend their position from evil deserters and criminal scum that have taken over Primm.

First time you encounter the Legion: the king of bad-assery Vulpes Inculta has just massacred a town and strung the survivors up on crosses to be Bark Scorpion food.

And just think about how much later it is that you can actually get missions from the Legion. Game is horribly NCR sided.

Thomas de Aynesworth said:
good soldiers trying to defend their position from evil deserters and criminal scum
STOP_RIGHT_THERE_CRIMNAL_SCUM_by_Bedbug200.jpg

:lol:

I would prefer the imperial legion to the NCR.

Now the situation in primm would have never happened if the legion was on the job.

I haven't played through as Legion yet but I was worried about this. It's disappointing to hear that there's so little to do if you run with the Legion, but I guess I will just have to make my Legion guy my character who runs amock destroying the lives of everyone he meets.

camil2003 said:

Now the situation in primm would have never happened if the legion was on the job.

Yes, and the citizens of Primm would be really grateful for being enslaved and/or killed by the Legion instead of the gangers.

Ausir said:
camil2003 said:

Yes, and the citizens of Primm would be really grateful for being enslaved and/or killed by the Legion instead of the gangers.

Not talking about the legion.

I'm talking about the imperial legion
the guards from elder scrolls oblivion.
Those guards are super quick, uncorrupted and super strong.
The only ones who would die are those who cause trouble and refuse to pay their fine or serve their sentence. :lol:

I didn't played Oblivion Vanilia neither but I did played Morrowind where you could join all organisations except 6th House and King's Halseth Royal Guard so Of course I got enlisted in my pro Imperial run. My combat experience told me Imperial Legion is as useless as NCR Army as I had to do all fighting myself. In fact NCR is Republican Rome the corrupt expansionist republic torn by internal conflict and overstreched. Kaiser legion is more like barbaric Chingis Han/Atilla horde of puritans larping Spartans. Imagine Romans don't using wine and w...s or Imposing "Higher Morality" on conquered people. And House is much more Ceasarian and charismatic than Kaiser Soze. Off go to kill House and Keiser who dared to order me the destruction of BoS. Yes Man ending will do this time.

Back