Isn't FEV a bit dumb?

JohnnySpliff said:
Sorry to burst the bubble, I love the game but the whole idea is dumb in realistic terms. get exposed to radiation and all thats gonna happen is that you will start to break down on a cellular level and die a slow painful death. you may mutate in the process, but only to the extent of an extra deformed finger or something but not change your humanity however if your exposed to mild doses and have a child you may question that last statement after looking at them. such as the U.S. soldiers who unknowingly walk into radiation after a large assault. Those D.U. Rounds Fallouts been kicking around are actual rounds used for extra penetration by our military, primarily in tank sabots. but yeah I mean all that radiation will do is Kill off cells or at the very least they will get damaged and cause cancer. they only cause a mutation most of the time in individual cells only...and not the kind of mutations that aren't allowed here. Sorry Buddy

I take your buzzkill and raise you a SCIENCE!

JohnnySpliff said:
Sorry to burst the bubble, I love the game but the whole idea is dumb in realistic terms. get exposed to radiation and all thats gonna happen is that you will start to break down on a cellular level and die a slow painful death. you may mutate in the process, but only to the extent of an extra deformed finger or something but not change your humanity however if your exposed to mild doses and have a child you may question that last statement after looking at them. such as the U.S. soldiers who unknowingly walk into radiation after a large assault. Those D.U. Rounds Fallouts been kicking around are actual rounds used for extra penetration by our military, primarily in tank sabots. but yeah I mean all that radiation will do is Kill off cells or at the very least they will get damaged and cause cancer. they only cause a mutation most of the time in individual cells only...and not the kind of mutations that aren't allowed here. Sorry Buddy

You are a... non-believer... of Science! ?! SHUN THE HERETIC!

WE MUST MUST SACRIFICE HIM TO THE MAN WHO WALKS BEHIND THE ROWS....

I mean... fuck wrong wrong pop culture reference... *flips though script* Ah here we go

WE MUST MAKE HIM ONE WITH THE UNITY!

EDIT: Petition to change the poster's name to Bill Nye the <s>Buzz Kill</s> Science Guy

thegaresexperience said:
WE MUST MUST SACRIFICE HIM TO THE MAN WHO WALKS BEHIND THE ROWS....

I mean... fuck wrong wrong pop culture reference... *flips though script* Ah here we go

WE MUST MAKE HIM ONE WITH THE UNITY!
Bring him to the Dark God...

Jeez, he was just trying to contribute to the discussion (albeit missing the mark a little) and you guys hate on him for an entire page of posts. I feel bad for him; imagine if this was your reception to the community.

Nah, come on! We are only manifestating, so this is a discussion about the in-game story background, not a real science. Just kidding. :)

OK, back on topic:

Nology5890 said:
Sorry to burst the bubble, I love the game but the whole idea is dumb in realistic terms. get exposed to radiation and all thats gonna happen is that you will start to break down on a cellular level and die a slow painful death.
You are right, when talking about a big amount of a hard gamma rays. But on the other side, we all are living in a permanent, small amount of natural radiation emissed by Earth. Small amount of radiation is tolerable, that do not destroy your cells and in fact, it's one of the evolution keys.

Did you know that smoke alarms have radioactive material in them? I remember in a chemistry class I took, the teacher held a Geiger counter up to one and it started clicking nicely.

Little Robot said:
Did you know that smoke alarms have radioactive material in them? I remember in a chemistry class I took, the teacher held a Geiger counter up to one and it started clicking nicely.
Cool, I didn't know that. Do you know what element they use?

Back