Killap releases Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.0

Per

Vault Consort
Staff member
Admin
Extremely hot on the heels of the unofficial patch update comes killap's Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.0, which needed just a few more brahmin sacrifices to work properly. For those of you who are new to all this, it's a mod that adds to Fallout 2 a whole lot of stuff that was incomplete or unimplemented in the official release. More Kaga! More EPA! Much more submarine than ever before. So speaks killap:<blockquote>The monumental day has finally come. Some of you lost hope; many patiently stuck around to the end. The beyond long awaited 2.0 release of the Restoration Project is at hand. This is a MAJOR release, which boasts overhauls to nearly all aspects of the content already in the mod. In addition, the eagerly awaited addition of the Shi sub can now be enjoyed, as well as several other minor/moderate new content additions. It seems like we're finally running out of cut content to add. Of course, no release would be complete without a slew of bug fixes to ensure a stable and enjoyable playing time. Not only were bugs fixed in the mod, but nearly a hundred bugs have been squashed that were in the vanilla version of the game and were not yet fixed by my unofficial patch. To me, this release is what I wanted version 1.0 of the mod to be. I'm extremely proud of what has been accomplished and ever so grateful to those who helped make it happen. It only took me about 2 1/2 years to get here.

To prevent delaying this release even further, multilingual support has been temporary removed. This means that the mod can only be played in English. Have no fear though, as a multilingual patch which adds back in Polish, French, and German (and perhaps others!) support will be released within a few weeks. Of course, this doesn't mean that those with non English versions of the game cannot enjoy this release. It just means that you'll have to play with English text until your language is supported.

A special thanks goes out to community members Dravean and Pixote. This release wouldn't be possible without them. Of course, I'm extremely grateful to many others who contributed to this release. Your names can be found in the readme as well as the game credits.

Please read the readme that comes with the mod. It is for your own good!

Windows installer (highly recommended): download
Manual install (advanced users): download

Update 2c (2.0.2c)</blockquote>AtomicGamer have kindly provided us with download links, but I think they don't cover the sacrifice-boosted last minute updates, so please use killap's own links until we get our own files sorted out. I've had a look in the brahmin pens and they don't seem too confident that this is all over.

Link: Announcement with download links and change log @ NMA

Yay! :D

Can't wait to fire up my...fifth go with this. Things almost seem too good to be true. :shock:

:clap:

Time to do a replay of Fallout, it seems. I think I have to D/L it first, it's not like my netbook has a CD drive.

Will it run OK on a EEE netbook, 1024x600?

When's it going to be part of the full install?

thanks for the update :)

I duno if I should though as I started a new game. Hm. Probably should though.... grrr....

Hmmmmmmm...

mmmmmhhhhmmmmm...

gotta finish Stalker Call of Pripyat...

and then it's Fallout trilogy time!

Thank you Killap and co., you ROCK! :clap:
Working so hard to improve this gem of a game!

The threads in the modding board is asplodet already. :p

Hooray! I greatly appreciated v1 of the pack... Now I have an excuse to play the game again... again.

Again, I say: hooray!

Alright, the newest emergency update is out:

April 3rd 2010
Update 2c (2.0.2c)
-Already includes all previous updates
-Entering Navarro would instantly send you to the vertibird part of the map. There was some debug code left in by mistake. This has been fixed.
-You could not talk with Farrel if you blew up the shitter (due to the rug issue that plagued him on the other level of the map). This has been fixed. Note: You must enter the Modoc Inn map for the first time for the fix to work.
-Some minor desert random encounter map changes. No need to worry about this.

Download and extract it to your main Fallout 2 directory. Overwrite the files already there. You know it is updated if the rock at the start of the game says 2.0.2c.

cdoublejj said:
do i need a fresh install for the new nonofficial or restoration mod?
any screen shots?

Apparently you have to have fresh install. Don't try install it over RP 1.2 and remember, RP already has Unofficial patch integrated to it so you do not need to install it when you install RP (you may end up breaking something otherwise). You should also install Fallout 2 outside of program files folder (c:\games or something), especially if you have Vista/Win7 to avoid problems with UAC.

I put it over the old patch. The rock doesnt show up right that validates the game version, High Resolution Patch doesnt work, even after reinstalling that.

You really dont want to re-install this crap from steam. It sucks.

el_jefe_of_ny said:
I put it over the old patch. The rock doesnt show up right that validates the game version, High Resolution Patch doesnt work, even after reinstalling that.

You really dont want to re-install this crap from steam. It sucks.
You don't need to install it again. Just create folder Fallout 2 somewhere (not Program Files), copy FALLOUT2.EXE, master.dat and critter dat into the new folder and run installer, find the folder you created and install RP2.0 into that folder. That is it.

Ok.

I did a new install and now I use GOG files. No more steam changing original crap crap.

8.99 no tax I got Fallout1 and Fallout2. I really can't beat that deal!

Now. I install which version first? My sfall is crashing the game when I change screen resolutions. It was not in previous patches.

I installed:
Gog version of game
sfall
then I did the new killap patch

I did not do restoration patch as I want to play the original game with a build I have trying out.

Now, I can play the game at 640x480, but when I hit the SCRN button, then select anything besides the 16 bit choice, I get a terrible crash in windows 7 64 bit pro. games freezes and goes to desktop. That's a first since using killap's files, this is only with the new ones.

this is a definite big ol bug in the new setup. I can install Sfall but i cannot change resolutions or the little image that changes your console background from the belt to the metal rivet.

Back