Knives

Kahgan said:
Some blades that are not mine, but partially made by me:

First, a knife with a pattern welded blade from a swedish/german bladesmith called Götz. The handle and sheath are both hand made from scratch by me.

gtz1.jpg

Kahgan, you should really do a tutorial on how to make a sheath/scabbard!

BDkNu.jpg

I got one of these this summer. My dealer only carried stainless Sandvik models at the time and since I was spending a lot of time near salt water I figured it's a good choice. Now I have to say that Scandi (single bevel) grind is a poor choice for a stainless knife. The steel is not hard enough for the very fine edge you get on the blade so it tends to chip/roll fairly easily. It's too delicate for heavy-duty work that the grind is most well-suited for (not much of a slicer due to blade geometry).

I'll be getting a carbon steel version soon I hope.

HOWEVER, any criticism of Mora knives has to be taken with a grain of salt since at their price it's practically impossible to get a finer blade, and they will beat knives that are up to 5 times more expensive.

Few bucks a piece. Better than paying 400-600 or even more for something "really tacticool" is failing the knife tests. :mrgreen:

DammitBoy said:
Kahgan, you should really do a tutorial on how to make a sheath/scabbard!

But that might put me out of business :twisted: No I'm just too lazy, and I don't have a good workshop at this time.

Here are some new works btw, all the blades are made by other people, but everything else is made by me (including the sword hilt).

52719663.jpg

34023998.jpg

99875818.jpg

64215706.jpg

kniv1i.jpg

the crappy picture quality is due to imageshacks inability to resize properly.

Well, one can only speculate about these things. It's based on finds of +/- 1200 years old weapon-knives from Sweden, so they certainly didn't think it was a problem. But then again they were a status symbol, and function might not have been the only priority.
From a practical viewpoint though, I can say that it sits very firmly in the hand, and the point will enter 100 times easier into someone's belly than the hand will slip forward on the blade. :S Also the part of the blade closest to the grip is normally not very sharp, maybe for safety reasons.

Wouldn't it be hard to clean the hand gunk out from inside those tiny lines in the designs?

Hi. These Knives are really cool. i have also some knives, I'll also share the pics of my collections some day. Thanks

Mine is:
030713_an_tsaknives_640.jpg

I bought this knife in my California tour; when I was forgotten to keep my knife in my tour bag then I bought it new. I always keep this knife in my pocket because I love to try different precipice during travel and camping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there people acting as spambots now or have spambots become sentient?

That is a really weird spambot behaviour. Maybe it's a living person paid to spam in fora?
Or is it just a retard whose mind is completely focused on travelling the west coast?

Back