lil Jesus "Golden Eagle" Mod

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Mr.Wolna, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Mr.Wolna

Mr.Wolna Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 15, 2007
    Sorry, of course you are right but plz dont remenber the lil jesus knif out of the game place it meaby ind the room of lil jesus or something like this!

2. MIB88

MIB88 Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    A critter will use a weapon that they have a high skill in. We can still place the knife on him. I can lower his melee skill and raise his small guns skill so that, even if the knife is in his inventory, he will prefer to use the guns. Then we just need to make sure that he has plenty of ammo for that gun. If he runs out, he will go for the knife, thus leading to a crash.

3. Mr.Wolna

Nov 15, 2007
    Yeah i think this si the best variant.

4. Mr.Wolna

Nov 15, 2007
    Something new here?

5. Dude101

Dude101 Vault Fossil
    Modder

Aug 3, 2005
  6. Hotel California

Hotel California Mildly Dipped

Feb 6, 2005
    All the frames are done but I couldn't get it to work - MIB88 and I had some trouble getting the targeting to work correctly.

Anyone know why if you have a large critter it doesn't target it properly?

7. Mr.Wolna

Nov 15, 2007
    No way to make it?

8. Mr.Wolna

Nov 15, 2007
  9. Azrael-Arkangel

Azrael-Arkangel Still Mildly Glowing

Oct 7, 2005
    What if you make a normal size critter of jesus mordino, without the counter. And when he dies use a script that removes the normal counter an adds an animated counter with the animation.

For example

The death animations in the critter would be the same, like this, flying backwards without his head using diferent offsets or something. So, when he dies the script checks how he died, and removes the counter and adds another with the animation of the bottles falling off. This way, Mordino will be a normal size critter.

But I don't know if this is possible or even if it's correct, just trying to help.

10. Mr.Wolna

Nov 15, 2007
    The Headshot mus be more like this one

and about your question, sry i dont know meaby mib an hc can help!

11. MIB88

Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    Maybe it could be done. Sounds reasonable. When Lil' Jesus is set to die (destroy critter), destroy the bar (scenery object on a certain tile), create new animated scenery on a tile nearby.

However, there are issues. I said create a new animated object on the tile nearby because I don't know if the new item can be created exactly where old scenery was just destroyed. So, there may be some animation/graphics issues. Also, there may be a timing issue. The body could fly backwards, and then the bar would be animated. Or vice versa. Or maybe the scenery would continue to be animated.

12. Mr.Wolna

Nov 15, 2007
    Whats the problem with the big critters, because gizmo orks too have you look at his script?

13. MIB88

Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    It's not the script. It's the art. And Lil' Jesus is a bigger picture. You have to move the cursor in a really weird position to hit him. And most times the percentage to hit just never comes up at all.

14. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Hmm isn't it possible to cut the image a little bit? Like this as example:

The marked red would be the critter max width and hight.

The rest of the table should be done via scenery objects.

/Edit: or the critter as a kind of overlay over the scenery object. Like you would put a mask over a scenery object.

15. MIB88

Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    I honestly don't know what the limitations to that might be as I don't know much about making or otherwise dealing with graphics.

16. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Can someone please send me the frms? I would like to test it. :)

17. MIB88

Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    I accidentally left it in the latest version of the Megamod. All the files are there... and the map still has that version of Lil' Jesus on it too.

18. Mr.Wolna

Nov 15, 2007
    I hope LExx will find out whats the metter!

Qustion are the Eagles stil normal in the frms or already golden?

19. MIB88

Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    I didn't change the Eagles in the latest version of the Megamod. The overall mod wasn't ready yet. Remember, Mordino was supposed to have the dual-wield weapons. The fact that those other graphics were left in was just an accident.

20. Hotel California

Hotel California Mildly Dipped

Feb 6, 2005
    Hi folks

Sorry I made all these frms and then buggered off.

I installed photoshop on my new PC but it won't validate so I can't use it! :(

I will have a go at making separate Frms for Mordino - I can make them normal size - i just need some time ...

If you've got any idea what the problem is specifically I'll try and fix it ...

Hotel C