Lonesome Road speculation

Walpknut said:
Well they were red in the trailer, I guess it makes sense.

Now watch, as they act JUST like the red skeletons from Castlevania: SotM. Knock 'em down and they just get right back up! until you find SOMEthing to drop them for good.

Fire bombs, maybe?

Recent Idea: Maybe Ulysses and the Courier were the two who found the Platinum chip in the first place and Ulysses found out what the chip was for so that when the job to deliver the chip came through he passed it off to his once time partner because he knew that only trouble would follow.

Or maybe the Victor Ulysses theory is correct? If Ulysses is VIctor's Owner he would know who requested the job and that it was dangerous?

Walpknut said:
Or maybe the Victor Ulysses theory is correct? If Ulysses is VIctor's Owner he would know who requested the job and that it was dangerous?

Yeah I'm hoping Victor ties into this somehow. There are just too many coincidences when it comes to Victor for him not to be involved somehow ("Old world flag" on his shack, owner "mysteriously disappeared" a few years back, securitron manufacturing plant at a place we know Ulysses visited, hanging out for a few years for no reason in the very town that you happen to get shot at, being around years before House sent the other securitrons out onto the Strip, etc.)

Edit: We also know that the scientists at the Big Empty gave personalities to some of their securitrons, something House doesn't seem to do.

Edit: Except in the case of Jane, but she's not really an AI, she's got the mind of a real person House knew. I doubt House knew any cowboys.

KillgoreKillmore said:
(Not Sure if this is a gameplay related post or not but....)

I wonder if there's going to be new Perks/Traits/challenges.

Of course. Every DLC up to now has had them.

Anyway, more random musings:

While I'm inclined to believe this was cut content that just had it's name changed, but I'm just gonna believe that Ulysses had a place to call home at Wolfhorn Ranch. The translated name of the Ranch in Spanish, French, etc. are all "Ulysses' camp."

Here's a thought that comes from left field. What if Ulysses was one of House's lieutenants before either Benny or the Courier? Ulysses could be the one who recovered the Platinum chip before the events of the game, whose last job was going to be delivering the Platinum chip to House. You know, make sure what he worked on would come to its conclusion.

It makes me wonder if whatever happened between the Courier and Ulysses had occured because of the Platinum Chip.

We already know that Ulysses doesn't like the NCR, or the Legion, or the Brotherhood... but we don't know what he thinks of Mr. House. I'm almost sure he won't like House either.

I'm fairly sure the concept art of Ulysses seen here - the flags on his back - will appear on him in the 'flashback' of Ulysses in the opening narration (much like an unburned Joshua Graham appears in the beginning of Honest Hearts).

The Woflhorn Ranch-Ulysses' camp thing is common knowledge. It's there because at one point Ulysses was supposed to be a companion.

On the side note, your posts always make a great reading. Thx.

I hope there's a quest where you have to lead "The Dad" and "The Kid" through the divide to someplace safer and by turn of events you end up getting"The Kid" as a companion at some brief point where you need to bring him someplace safe, probably one of the other NPC's in the area.

I also wonder how the ED-E Upgrades are going to fit into the story Narrative? Is it going to be some technology that "Doctor Howard" dug up and rigged to fit onto an eyebot? Is it some technology that was designed to fit onto the original eyebot? Or is it probably going to be technology that adds more character to ED-E like a personality circuit?

(Not really Speculation as much as a huge WTF?)

If anyone else out there has beaten Lonesome Road and thinks they have a grasp on the story then please message me. I have no idea what Ulysses meant.

Oh, I need to play this, stupid psn won't give me it till tommorow a day when I am positively swamped in coursework, Without any spoilers please Is Ulysses and the story as epic as it has been hyped to be and does it have any consequence ( no details)

theSoulman812 said:
Oh, I need to play this, stupid psn won't give me it till tommorow a day when I am positively swamped in coursework, Without any spoilers please Is Ulysses and the story as epic as it has been hyped to be and does it have any consequence ( no details)

I will say this, this DLC does go out with an Epic Battle sequence.
(That's as non-spoiler-ish as I can say it.)

And There are consequences and new locations in the Mojave Wasteland.

a_Psychonaut said:
Having just finished reading this whole thread for info on LR, something curious struck me.

Hometown Hero - Completed Lonesome Road.

Now, as you may or may not recall one of the graffiti tags on the Canyon Wreckage says "You Can Go Home, Courier". Considering the achievement's name this could very well support the theory that Ulysses and Courier 6 hail from the divide's settlements. (Before or after it becomes storm-wracked?)

Just one other point I'd like to bring up is that ICBM's tend to be stored in underground launching facilities which could very well be depicted in the one pic of Ulysses that's been released. It wouldn't seem out of character for the pre-war Enclave to build these bases underneath an inconspicuous little town like "Hopeville" far away from any urban centers, thus making them unlikely to be targeted in a nuke attack. (Note this could be vice-versa as perhaps the town was built over the bases as a camouflage and residence for the military personal and their families?)

Givin' that Death Valley, or California at the very least, tends to be effected by earthquakes (most likely exacerbated by Big MT's meteorological experiment) perhaps Ulysses discovered an access tunnel into these underground bases within the physical fault of the Divide and intends to awaken the old world with the very weapons that ended it?

Ulysses asks what makes a nation, and one could say a great threat of war does, as it took the U.S. the threat of a war with England to unite the colonies under a single banner. Similar to how the 'states' of pre-war U.S. united into the Commonwealth of the FO universe. To do this, Ulysses would have to demonstrate the power he now wields, so he'd have to nuke somebody. Perhaps the Courier's job is to determine where, who (if anybody) to nuke?

So, I just downloaded LR and am saved just before entering 'The High Road" (I did the dialogue with Ulysses then got murdered by [spoiler:1867586cbd] Deathclaws [/spoiler:1867586cbd]) and I have to say that from what I've seen and surmised thus far I pretty much hit the nail on the head with my analysis. I for one an thrilled with the narrative, the style of the setting and most of all the culmination of the foreshadowing form vanilla NV and all the DlC's.[/spoiler]

Back