Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

You use one of those touch-sensitive thingies that looks like a blank square of plastic with a stylus?

Yup. Although the one at work looks more like the Monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

But I use the good 'ol office paper A4 and a scrap of pencil aplenty as well... I just don't post working-sketches. Sometimes, I scan them and build something around it digitally. A few pages back, ye got the gungirl piece which I started from quick pencils.

bump on snipegirl. Not done yet, just doodlin' at work between two assignments.

snajp5.jpg

looks like the scope isn't parallel to the bore axis.

also, the distance between the bore and the scope is far too big. not that it can't be done, but it makes shooting a fuckton harder. since your gas tube setup is very high, your bore is already further down the rifle than usual. now you've added a scope on scope rings that are the height of the Eifel tower.

length of pull / length of stock is probably too large. it's already a fuckton huge rifle, how do you expect to hold it steady?

It's art. I don't think that it HAS to be that accurate and realistic etc.

Really impressive piece of art wooz!
It reminds me a bit of the van buren concept art style.

Wooz said:
With a massive penis.
so definitely not yours then, Wooz?

Treesnogger said:
It's art. I don't think that it HAS to be that accurate and realistic etc.
Woozy knows quite well why i give these type of comments.

on the art side, there's pretty much nothing i can say that would help him, so i give him remarks on weapons. it's up to him to see if he'll do anything with them or not. i'm not twisting his arm or anything.

since he also works producing art for games, he can be sure that there'll be other guys around like me who like to point out the errors in the finished result. why not prevent this as long as it doesn't come at the cost of creativity and quality?

It wasn't meant to insult you. :oops:

You got some constructive critics in your post and that's ok.
I just wanted to say, that it's not that important, to have everything in it's actual size in real life. Or, it depends on in which direction the art is going. ;)

Hehe.

Sue, you know I'm joking. Scope's going to be changed, along with the rifle's bulkiness. It looks like an AMR or something...

Anyhoo, this is an illo, noone's going to make a model out of this character, or rifle ;]

Wooz said:
Hehe.

Sue, you know I'm joking.
so am I. everyone knows The Order stands in complete awe of your penis. I'll take their word for it.

Wooz said:
Anyhoo, this is an illo, noone's going to make a model out of this character, or rifle ;]
i know you're not posting your commercial work at this time. just thought i'd help. ;)

Love it.

Games like the Witcher proves how compelling sketches can be to set the mood in a game ofr instance (The loading screens)

This image sets the mood, gives us an impression of the character and in general speaks volumes without really needing the final polish.

Great work.

Thankee!

That said, a few hours after I uploaded this, after a lengthy debate with my conscience, we decided it isn't final just yet, because some partls look better in the previous version..

meh

i have a real problem with the hand holding the gun, that is just totally wrong, I could do better with a two minute cartoon figure

also: why the fuck did you make her upper legs fatter? and some work on the boots i do not like (the calves).

otherwise: excellent as usual

alsoplustoo: all those character sketches... seriously, that's kind of... well... pretty uncreative in more than one way, innit? I mean, everyone I know who can draw a little ecels at doing character sketches, but once ou ask them to put those characters to live in a setting you get to see who really has some gold in their fingers

I want to see the gold in your fingers

i haven't seen that yet

Teh sexeh. Good work as always, but there's something wrong about her left fingers, can't put my, eh, finger on it, but something's not right. methinks.

edit: Alec beat me to the fingers. But keep the juicy thighs!

alec said:
i have a real problem with the hand holding the gun, that is just totally wrong,

yes.

I could do better with a two minute cartoon figure

luls

also: why the fuck did you make her upper legs fatter? and some work on the boots i do not like (the calves).

yes yes yes and yes. those are the parts that made me go "ung, no, let's re-do the hand keep the 'old' thighs/waist"

otherwise: excellent as usual

<3 c=3

but once ou ask them to put those characters to live in a setting you get to see who really has some gold in their fingers

Yas, yas, in time. I do a lot of those at work, these chars are not work (unless said zo), they're done on commission for another project.

Also, sorry, no, it's harder to draw a character with a relatively non-existant background than to back up a sloppy pose or bad skillz with a lot of flashy backgrounds.

that said, when I'm done with these (1 more left after this gel), gonna do a scene, background et al.

I want to see the gold in your fingers

gross, dude.

alsoplustoo. this is loose, but I wouldn't call it a sketch, given the amount of time (far too long) spent on it :P

Awesome woozers!

Also, you could solve the finger problem by adding a foregrip to the bottom of the rifle, since It's already too big to be held standard and the angle downwards she's holding it gives off this nice casual feeling. Just a little critique.

1df1a5cac25197874cf6acfae33f747d.image.733x550.jpg

Back