Mass Effect Remaster, NOT Remake

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Ediros, Feb 6, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Iprovidelittlepianos

Iprovidelittlepianos Look, Ma! Two Heads!

May 12, 2020
    Mass Effect 3 definitely has it’s problems but I’d recommend playing through it once anyway, it has its moments. The resolution of the Geth-Quarian conflict was satisfying and felt like the kind of massive, difficult choices that one would expect to see in the finale of the trilogy, and the genophage cure stuff was cool, if only to see the resolution of Mordin’s character arc.

2. Atomic Postman

Atomic Postman Mojave Express Employee of the Month

Mar 16, 2013
    Game should have focused on stuff like that as the meat of the story. Instead it was on a rush to tell the most generic alien invasion/blue laser mcguffin WMD story and push all the interesting stuff under the carpet.

Reaper invasion proved problematic writing wise I guess. Them being inbound and looming is anti-climactic and a rehash of their role in the previous two games, but the straight up war is antithetical to their role and is just a boring slog

3. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    From the news I have seen, the multiplayer is not included in the remaster and there is mention of rebalancing it so that the multiplayer is not mandatory.

I will say that while it was and probably still is grindy, I had fun with the multiplayer. With good teammates, it was pretty fun to go through. My best run was a Platinum session where I supported two pro players as a standard Human Soldier for the entirety of the session.

4. Atomic Postman

Mar 16, 2013
    I played the trilogy in 2015 so there was nobody online. Had to put a podcast in and grind it alone.

5. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    To be fair, I was playing during the multiplayer's heyday. Now, I bet there is little to no one online and the service will be shut down once the remaster is released.

6. Iprovidelittlepianos

Iprovidelittlepianos Look, Ma! Two Heads!

May 12, 2020
    I always imagined the third game would involve “taking the fight to the Reapers” and preemptively disabling them while they’re still out in dark space, because the way they were portrayed in the first game made it seem like once they started their invasion it was already too late, they could mow down any serious resistance with ridiculously advanced shit like black hole guns and spend the next century meticulously exterminating any surviving sentient life. Instead all they seem to have are lasers and they have trouble with the fucking elcor just because “they don’t have major population centers.”
    I’ll admit I felt the multiplayer was fun, particularly because Mass Effect 3 was the best gameplay-wise (though a far cry from what mass effect 1 was trying to do) and I’m a sucker for game modes that let you play as non-humans.

Oh, and as a side note, we never got to play as an elcor or have an elcor companion! That was a serious missed opportunity.

7. Atomic Postman

Mar 16, 2013
    In complete fairness we are told that the Reapers took decades upon decades to wipe out Prothean society by Vigil. Whilst the ME galaxy wasn't up to bat with the Protheans, I'd wager it would be fair that Reaper extermination would have taken time anyway.

But just pew pewing the reapers isn't interesting

8. Aurelius Of Phoenix

Aurelius Of Phoenix Psued.

Mar 9, 2018
    Oh Boy can't wait to play Mass Effect again and pretend the other two don't exist, they're probably too cheap to give previous owners a discount much less the game for free. Also the new femshep model shown in Me1 footage looks like a real doll, bubble gum elastic skin or whatever, really uncanny.

Kai Leng.jpg

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. The GoBernment

The GoBernment First time out of the vault

May 29, 2017
    Oh God Kai Leng, how in the ever loving fuck was that character approved to be in the game. It's bad enough that for some reason Bioware added some fucking weeaboo ninjas with muh katanas as an actual enemy fighting for a professional paramilitary outfit. No, we also get a shitty edgelord that no one likes.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  10. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Resident crazy lady

Jun 15, 2015
    Oh God, that fucking email. I remember seeing that and thought to myself, "Did the writers intend to write Kai Leng as a 14 year old edge lord?" Who the fuck thought that would be a cool thing for the "bad ass ninja super solider" to do? I cringed out of my skin. Kai Leng is literally a Sonic the Hedgehog OC.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  11. Chromevod

Chromevod Nope.

May 25, 2011
    I played through the trilogy a couple times back in the day. Once with Male/FemSheps, Renegade and Paragon just to kinda get the general gist. I enjoyed my time with them, but I'll be entirely honest, after the second playthrough and a bit of 3's admittedly fun enough multiplayer... I was finished. The ending was disappointing pick your color shit, but everything else was satisfactory enough.

In my mind, I just decided that Shep dies after the last conversation with Anderson. Shep never finds out if any of what they did actually works out, if the Reapers are stopped or not. That's where Mass Effect ends for me. I don't give a damn about the Star Child or any of the different colors the mass relays turn. I was done with Mass Effect, I got what I wanted, and I moved on.

12. Aurelius Of Phoenix

Aurelius Of Phoenix Psued.

Mar 9, 2018
    In my mind I'm wondering why Mass Effect or Dragon Age never got a sequel, it's like Bioware hates money or something.

13. Norzan

Norzan Vault Fossil

Apr 7, 2017

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  14. Millim

Millim Half-way Through My Half-life
    Orderite

Oct 13, 2010
    I'll only get the remaster if I can create a more beautiful character than this IMG_20210507_003225.jpg

15. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Meh Whatever, everyone knows Control is the canon ending anyway.