Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by MIB88, Dec 6, 2007.
That is exactly where they have a use now, for one or two items (I can't remember which ones).
thats weird, i cant use them, just the look and drop buttons in the item screen. does it have any specific needs to be used? just say yes or no (i know you dont give any gameplay tips)
No, you can't use them alone. Once you have received certain training (i.e. learned something from a character and the skill is added to your Mr. Fixit list), then you will need the chemistry journals along with the materials and skills.
I've just installed the new version and noticed that there's no music! No music at all! Oh, hell, i don't think i can play without music...
Oh, and i decreased the hardware acceleration for sound in the DirectX Diagnositics Tool, as you said in the 'megamod 2.31 readme.txt'. It solved some problems regarding the sound. But, would that be the reason for the music stopping playing? I already tried to reset the acceleration to the max, but it didn't work. And already reinstalled the game/mod. The same thing.
The mod does not include the old music anymore... not since version 1. So, either copy it from the CD, or make sure the music path is correct in your .cfg file.
There are no files in that path. wth? Does this mean that there's no music in the whole mod?
You say since version 1. But, as i recall, the last time i played the Megamod (v 2.1.1), it had music.
Like I said then - either make sure it's correct (and type in the path), or copy the files over (from the disc or an old version of the mod).
The path was set wrong in .cfg. But the mod should replace that file with the new one, right? This one with the new entry. Bah, whatever.
Thanks! Now i can play!
Last night I ran through Vault City in which I found no new bugs. I tried and tried to recreate the Klint-and-Sulik-become-unresponsive situation but couldn't. I don't know if you fixed something or if it was always just a random bug.
But this is funny. Never in all my runthroughs of this game, pre- and post-megamod, did I realize that party members other than Marcus and Lenny could come inside the city with you. And they can carry contraband! Of course I looked it up in Per's guide, and it has been common knowledge for years. How silly of me! I've been going through elaborate inventory shuffling and dropping party members off and picking them back up all this time! Also, I waited until becoming a citizen EVERY time before finishing the liquor quest.
You learn something new ever day...
the enclave encounter near gecko: if you enter the place and press a before the guards ask stuff to you, you can start the fight before them and everytime you reenter gecko you can do it again.
free enclave people to kill!
29) Black Box - After uploading to Pipboy, on page 2 of 2, the line: "...How should I have known?" runs off the Pipboy screen.
30) Gecko - I know this has always been there, but Wooz's bar patrons comment to the player ("Buy us a drink, Smoothie," etc.) no matter where the player is on that map. Is there some way to limit their comments by line of sight, or even the player's presence within the walls of Wooz's bar?
31) Gecko, Renew Underground - This has also been there since the beginning I think, but the guard you can open dialogue with, Zamok the Destroyer, tells you to leave, but never goes hostile. In fact, there seems to be no result at all from the conversation with him, no matter what dialogue choices you make. Seems like he could be rewritten so that either a) you have to pass a speech check to get by him OR b) there is a correct "bluffing" path through the dialogue tree that will result in him letting you pass. Failing both of these, he should go hostile.
Also, his dialogue does not change at all after you have talked to the talking molerat.
Is Vic fixed?
I'll come up with a way to keep that from happening (maybe trigger the global variable if those critters are killed too, not just spoken to).
If you are referring to the level issue, then Vic isn't fixed. There is nothing I can do about this. Sometimes it happens. Sometimes it doesn't.
30. I checked this out. I can make a conditional check for this line. I just have to be careful that it doesn't overlap with other lines or is said all the time.
31. I'll look at this.
I mean, he was a waste at the end of game, when he level up he triggers back to the first lvl, was this corrected?
That's exactly what MIB was answering.
I don't know why it happens. It happens in Killap's patch too from time to time. I don't have a clue how to correct it. The only thing I can think of is that the game wasn't designed to run like this. Maybe, if everything is once again repacked into .dat formats, everything will be ok. But that is a total swag (silly, wild-ass guess).
I didn't touch any of the related scripts for the 2.3 version, so this is still the case. And, this helps to narrow down where the problem is too. Thank you very much for letting us know about this one. People will be glad to know they can still get Miria in their party by just not talking to Grisham (until I can fix this, anyway).
Also, I see that I actually did not include the Children Patch as it says in the readme. You will have to download and install it yourselves. (Don't worry, it won't mess up anything in the Megamod.) I will be sure to include it in the upcoming fix/expansion.
32) Gecko - Qust Log Follies
After receiving only the repair kit quest for Skeeter, "Get 3-step plasm transformer for Skeeter" showed up on quest log.
"Deliver Economy Disc to Councilman McClure" showed up twice on quest log.
"Find Woody" didn't show up in quest log at all.
Delivering the repair kit to Skeeter crossed off one of the McClure quest log entries.
Delivering the data to McClure crossed off the other McClure entry.
Received 3-step plasma transformer quest from Skeeter, but "Retrieve repair kit for Skeeter" showed up on quest log.
Delivering 3-step plasma transformer to Skeeter crossed "Repair Kit for Skeeter" off the quest log.
Still have one uncrossed-off "3-step plasma transformer to Skeeter" on the quest log, and I did not get this quest a second time from Skeeter.
33) Oh, and my Tragic decks aren't all stacking.
32. There were 4 misnumbered quests, one of which was duplicated. They are all fixed.
33. Are you sure that they are all the same Tragic decks? I bet you they aren't.
33. You're right. I had forgotten about that. It's all good.
Are you going to fix the vic problem?
the one which he levels up but this isnt saved. i keep looking at him after he lvls up and it says he has 78/70 hps.