Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by MIB88, Mar 20, 2017.

1. chieftain486

chieftain486 War. War never changes...

Apr 9, 2017
    I can assure you that 1) there IS a kid with the cookie, 2) there IS a dog with the key (not that it's useful, it's much easier to pick the lock), 3) dk, 4) when you return to Arroyo Mynoc immediately tells you about accusations.

I think you ought to reinstall MM from the start. If installed correctly, there're no problems with traditional locations.

2. teskal

teskal First time out of the vault

Dec 26, 2015
    I know!!! First I had all this. I made an error (didn't speak to Lucas about the Sorcerer in the Shack) and needed to use an older save game.

This save game was just before I walked the first time into the wasteland. So I could speak with Lucas about the Shack. After it I went first to Klamath -> Shack -> back to Arroyo.

And it seems in this order I do not these items in Klamath and the problem with Jordan does not start.

My plan is to reinstall the game in the moment, anyway, to by sure.

3. teskal

Dec 26, 2015
    The idea is, that I did not something what activates the problem for Jordan for example.

(Maybe steam changed something?)

4. Cellmember

Cellmember First time out of the vault

Feb 24, 2014
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this if so apologies. Comes from modders involved in F3 and NV.

Faster or slower leveling: You can adjust how fast or slow you want to level ex: Faster 1x/2x/5x/10x Slower 1x/2x/5x/10x
    More Perk Per Level: Choose if you want 1,2 or 3 perks per level up and the what levels you can get a perk at 1,2,3 or 4 etc.

5. teskal

Dec 26, 2015
    I'm back to an old english CD (or DVD) with Fallout 2. Installed patch, intalled Megamod. All works fine. Looks like Steam does not like F2 or made modifications to it which make problems. (Other issues I had with the gog.com version...)

The version I use, now, is without a high resolution patch.

################# MORE IMPORTANT:

1. While playing I had an ecounter in the wilderness with a merchant. He had 2 slaves and 3 guards. I start a fight, kill the merchant, get 5 Karma. I kill the guards and loose 3x 10 Karma. I saw no option to stop the fight without killing the guards.

2. I got an special ecounter named Error. It is the one with the USA mailman (Movie: The Postman). Should the name of this ecounter really be Error?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  6. chieftain486

Apr 9, 2017
    Well, you can always try to kill merchant with dynamite (activate, then pass through Steal) or Superstims.
    Also you can drug guards with jet and booze before the fight, and after killing the merchant you can step away a little using Sneak, and then just end the fight. Specifically, you use couple Jets on one guard (if they use the same model - they all will be drugged the same at once), then skip 10 minutes to activate the jet post-effects, then use some booze (or better Roentgen rum or Rot gut) - and attack. Each Jet would give them -2AP and -3 Perception, each Rot gut another -2 Perception. So they won't be able to move much and harm you and they won't be able to see you once you use Sneak.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  7. teskal

Dec 26, 2015
    I hope it is possible to fix it in for the future. I have no problem killing them. Want to free the slaves, not just run away.

- Another issue, I can't marry Miriam and Davin anymore, I mean both. It was possible in earlier versions. I can't talk to him anymore afte marry Miriam.
    (Maybe I need Cult of Personality?? Tested it, yes, I needed CoP)

- And I get no option to take Lenny (Ghoul) in Gecko with me.
    (I found in older threads that the save file must be change to take him with me. "global variable 629 check (in node001) to 1" and change it later back.)

- what happened to the bag in the rat nest in Modoc?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  8. teskal

Dec 26, 2015
    - I initiated an Enclave vertibird assault from the reactor terminal. On the map with the Vertibird I could not speak to anyone.

- I found the special encounter with Kaga, but it was the encounter Café of Broken Dreams.
    About CoBD, it would be cool if it is a much earlier encounter, I would really like to get Dogmeat as fast as possible. :-)

- it would be cool if it is possible to use robes to hide the fact that Lenny is a Ghoul.

(Mentioned already earlier)
    - While playing I had an ecounter in the wilderness with a merchant. He had 2 slaves and 3 guards. I start a fight, kill the merchant, get 5 Karma. I kill the guards and loose 3x 10 Karma. I saw no option to stop the fight without killing the guards.

- I got an special ecounter named Error. It is the one with the USA mailman (Movie: The Postman) with the letter for Tandi. Should the name of this ecounter really be Error?

9. teskal

Dec 26, 2015
    I cannot do the Cold Hearts jobs.
    I used the laughing gas on Mordino, the leader does not recognize it.
    But I get the Broken Hills Basement quest and I was everywhere and killed in it everything, but still same issue.

10. chieftain486

Apr 9, 2017
    Broken Hills basement is in the General Store (entrance is in the small room where Liz sleeps). And there's absolutely nothing to kill in that basement, just crates with guns. :)

11. teskal

Dec 26, 2015
    - Pip information about Cold Hearts quests
    1. basement of broken hills
    2. laugh gas fo mordino

Both are active.

I was also in the the basement of the General Store. I got only the laugh gas quest, from the C.H. Leader. After I put the Laught Gas on Mordino, went to them, but I get only the message that didn't end my quest. After it I got Broken Hills quest, but I was already in the basement. Going in there again, does not solve this quest.

- Oh, and after giving the laugh gas I removed the other gas canister. He didn't laugh...

- I never got the location from Tully. I got also only the answer that I was already in Abbey, but I was never there when I met Tully the first time.

- In Abbey I can buy a armor for Marcus for 3K. He changes his outfit, but still has no armor in his inventory and also his statistics are not better as before.

- Abbey does not appear in the Pipboy, but found it under Merchant instead. And there I have a quest to tell the whereabouts of Tully to Thomas and Thomas to Tully. But Thomas is dead.

- I checked an old save game, Tully said Samuel, not Thomas. (I read in the Restoration Project that this maybe a known issue.)

- Another issue is that I cannot bring Tully the wine I got. Only deliver him that Samuel is a drunk, too.

- Tried again what I mentioned earlier, still nobody of the enclace troops speaks with me, if I use the Gecko computer to anger the enclave to they send to me their troops with their vertibird. (Next time I try it, I just kill them and get their power armors.)

- About Miria, if I tell her later in the game, she should wait, I can't click on her. There is no reaction. Happend the first time in the Sierra Army Depot, trying to add Skynet as companion.

- Also little later in the game, I can't produce Healing Powder and Desert Eagles with ext. mag., if I try it the game freeze.

- some special encounters have wrong names
    ...Café of Broken Dreams is 'encounter with Kaga' and after it 'Unknown' on the card
    ...A Guardian Portal is 'Unknown'
    !!! Both get the correct name, after entering the locations again
    ...Letter from the past (for Tandi) is 'Error'

- iF I tell Myron that he should wait, he offers me to show Mordino stuff in Golgotha, but he don't give it.

- should Myron me not show where EPA is?

- I also get from nobody no information where the Military Base is. (Is it Navarro?)

- If I use the Ranger Card, I don't get their safe houses. But before I tried to use it, I sold it and got it back after killing the Slavers.

- While playing I had an ecounter in the wilderness with a merchant. He had 2 slaves and 3 guards. I start a fight, kill the merchant, get 5 Karma. I kill the guards and loose 3x 10 Karma. I saw no option to stop the fight without killing the guards and rescue the slaves.

- Sierra Army Depot, Level 4, right forcefield emitter in front of the lift. I couldn't use Repair on it anymore after I got Robobrain.

- I find bones in the Redding ruins. If I look at them, I get the message: It is Ed, Ed's dead. But I can't report it to his father.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  12. MIB88

MIB88 So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    Wow, this will be a lot to go through. Thanks for the bug reports. I will tackle these. But first, a few answers to some things I remember.

1. You planted the gas on the wrong gangster.
    2. Sounds like you were in the caves beneath Broken Hills, not the basement.

I'll look into these incorrect names. However, it would really help if you remember where on the worldmap those wrong names occurred.

I thought I already added that feature, back with version 2.45. Hmmm. I'll recheck this.

The bag has been known to cause problems with the inventory. I should have removed it.

He marks Golgotha on the map only. He doesn't get the stash for you.

Yes, he should, if you trigger something in his dialog. It's not automatic.

If I remember correctly, that location is already turned on. You just have to walk to it. No one reveals it. But, maybe I've remembered wrongly.

I'm not changing those encounters. The guards are hired to protect the merchant. If you start a fight with him to try to free the slaves, then fighting the guards is the price you pay. There is no reason for paid guards to just sit back and watch while you kill the person they are paid to protect.

Ed is not the name of Horton's son. That is just a generic piece of scenery, found throughout the game.

13. teskal

Dec 26, 2015
    Sorry, my fault. I meant I planted it on Salvatore, not Mordino.

About the Basement in Broken Hills, I was also in the basement with the weapons of Liz's shop. Are there more than one basements?

Cafe of Broken Dreams is 1 South and 9 East of Arroyo
    (I got the question if I want the encounter with Kaga, I saw the special encounter symbol, so I new it was not Kaga and entered)

Guardian Portal is 2 South and 4 East of Arroyo.

About Letter from the past, I do not know the where it was. I sadly left the place. I had a savegame, but looks like I overwrote it. :-(

I found a bag. But I think it was in the Sierra Army Depot, but never used it.

14. teskal

Dec 26, 2015
    In San Francisco if I talk to Chip, tne third option is: "Do you have any information for me about my people."

More talk is not possible, because he want his spleen first.

Problem is, there is no reason to ask this question. I just met him, was not in Vault 13 and never heard he could have any information about my people. And how should he know what information I want, beside maybe it is about Tribals.

After getting the spleen back and the Doctor to operate on Chip, I tried to go back and talk with Chip, but he is gone. I did the quest in one row, nothing else in between, so not much time should be gone.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  15. MIB88

MIB88 So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    Thanks for continuing to submit bug reports. I've started a new game to test some things out.

I've fixed those encounters with the incorrect names.

Here is a question for you: Did you have any problem speaking with Lydia, the barkeeper, in Vault City. I'm not sure why she doesn't interact with my character now. Anyone else experience this problem in the latest version?

16. teskal

Dec 26, 2015
    With Lydia was all fine. Had no issues with her.

Only with the Enclave soldiers in the Vertibird encounter and sometimes with Miria if I remove her.

17. Ohaimerk

Ohaimerk modoc, den, grave Orderite

Mar 30, 2009
    I had the same problem, went over it on the previous page of this thread
    http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/...s-and-suggestions.212333/page-13#post-4266278

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  18. teskal

Dec 26, 2015
    Good to know, so I do not need the game dvd of a friend anymore. Maybe it is worth to make a own thread to make it easier to find this information.

You should also remove patch000.dat or rename it fore example in patch.000_dat.bak

I think the same would be good for the gog dot com version.

I tried also to install the newest version of the highres patch, but after having the same issues in a cave that I can't reach the exit, I reinstalled the game from a backup.

It is sad that the highres patch does not work with the Megamod.

19. Muttie

Muttie It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 9, 2017
    Actually I felt the same.

Fallout never made a difference between male and female characters. It was mostly very open minded RPG with a few unique experiences for each sex.

The way MegaMod starts feels restricting.
    And traditionally that is not what someone expects from a Fallout game.

If you want a sexist scenario it may be better to move it to later in the game. Like a second tribe that won't talk to women, and blocks all quest options for a female character. If you do that, I believe people would have less problems with it. It would be just an unique experience that creates an isolated moment, but it won't dominate the play-through as starting with it does. That's how Fallout does it. Freedom and single unique experiences.

And I also wasn't really taken in by the dialogue either. You can't write (or think for that matter) without stereotypes, but if you don't apply them carefully, they feel like “fake” because that is what they are. They are a simplification of reality. In writing you have to reverse the process, and complicate them, to make them feel real again.
    For whatever reason (translation, inexperience?) the dialogue doesn't always nail that very well.

Comments like these are not clever. Nor helpful.

You're basically saying „You're a pussy.“

What do you hope to achieve with that? That they suddenly realize that they are pussies and then apologize for it?

The argument to censor mature games is usually on the ground of them making human beings insensible.

And you're counter argument is that mature games are “only for really tough people who can deal with it.”

Are you trying to get games banned?

20. teskal

Dec 26, 2015
    I think you forget that there are physical differences between man and woman. There's a reason why women do not fight with the men at the Olympics. And even he best (male) hunters of the tribe couldn't do it. For no other reason, Klint and Cameron wonder. This has nothing to do with sexism. (The Chose One must be more than just a hunter, but I think Cameron and Klint do not really know it better)

Arroyo was already sexist in the basics game without mods. All warriors were men and not women.

A leader must not be a strong person, only a wise person.

I don't think that anyone knew who would be the Chosen One. Why should they kill so many human resources in the Temple of Trials if they know already who it will be?

• [Like] [Like] x 1