Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by MIB88, Mar 20, 2017.

1. sula

sula First time out of the vault

Dec 16, 2005
    Bugs:

- Lots of "Reserved Item" in Redding 'shops' - i.e. Painless Doc Johnson and Mayor Ascorti (if you barter with him) in Redding. Also present in other places, NCR, sometimes even containers in random encounters. Haven't saw this in any early game places (Klamath, Den, even Modoc, etc) for some reason .

- If you put gun without ammo in car trunk and go to other city, this gun or guns will have full magazines.

- Corsican Brother won't talk to you if you're slaver. Even if you have quest to shake money from him to crime boss.

- Balthas Wife still crying about her son missing after he's been returned.

- Prostitute in "The Hole" in Den, once you enter map for 2nd or 3rd time, stops having conversation with you. "Get away from me bitch!" (not exact - something similar), without any reason. Happens during female playthough. Haven't tested male chatacter yet.

- Slaver Camp - coming near guard -> guard intiate dialog -> dialog interface freezes and bugs, you can't talk or continue game even.

------
    More bugs:

- BIG BUG - either my install is borked or EPA location is completly broken.

a)When you enter you start at middle of the map and not at gate, if you came by car then car is fused partially into one of the buildings (and afaik generally in wrong place).

b) None of ways I know/checked in walkthrough to get into other EPA parts don't seem to work/exist. Either nothing happens, 'teleport' your character outside of visible map (you can run back though) or it crashes game depending on which way we talk about.

c) if you leave EPA map and want to get back = crash

d) if you are at EPA for long enough (killed enough plants, opened enough containers, etc) and you save - then that save cannot be loaded (crash). If you save right after entering EPA map - then you can load it again.

e) map is SLOW, even slower than I rememeber EPA from years ago.

f) random traveller giving location of EPA does not work. Choosing it in dialogue - immidietaly finish dialogue without putting EPA on the map. Other way works though.
    You can still get location from Myron.

Basically EPA is practically non-useable / non-existant atm. (2.47.5)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  2. sula

Dec 16, 2005
    It is LONG sorry, but Interesting bug this time.

Miria stats bug (?) triggered by making her wear Combat Armor or healing her by main character with Healing Powder of all things. This are some bizzare bug triggers lol

Situation:

Miria - stage 2

Some of her stats:

Carry Weight - 155
    Melee Damage - 4

When I put Combat Armor (specifically! Her wearing i.e. Leather or Metal Armor does not have such effect!) or heal her using Healing Powder on her by main character her stats change (permanently - removing Combat Armor does not change her back) to

Carry Weight - 180
    Melee Damage - 3

Weird right.
    Well I checked the files in both Proto Manager and BisMapper and they show diffrent numbers.

Proto Manager show first lower stats and BisMapper shows second higher stats.

In later stages diffrence gets bigger.

Last Stage:

Some of the stats:

Proto Manager

Carry - 210
    AP - 11

BisMapper

Carry - 285 (!!!)
    AP - 12

There are also diffrences in other stuff like sequence and so on.

Reason is that Proto Manager has her SPECIAL stats unchanged and BisMapper has her SPECIAL stats increasing a lot.

Last stage has her stats rising by +3 to Strenght, + 3 to EN, +2 to PE, +2 to Luck, etc vs her initial SPECIAL stats - making her a amazon-terminator and an ironman pack mule - with propably highest carry weight for all and highest AP for non dogs NPC in Fallout 2.

So any idea to why diffrence both in-game and in diffrent editors? I checked few other characters and no diffrences nor in-game or between editors.

Only thing that come to mind (aside of bizzare bug) is that someone scripted HUGE SPECIAL stat increases in her script, but I have no idea what I am reading there.

Does anyone with more insight into how it all works have some idea about such weird bug/behaviour?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  3. sula

Dec 16, 2005
    2.47.4 quick "wrong reward" bug

In this "old" EPA, doctor reward gives +1 EN instead of +1 AG.

4. killjoy976

killjoy976 First time out of the vault

Jun 2, 2016
    has anyone tried to download this this year? there is a redirect covering the download so i can not download it. also it uses pop ups to screw with you.

5. Vali

Vali Redeemer

Apr 29, 2020
    The problem is maybe your browser or operating system, i try it and it works well.

6. killjoy976

Jun 2, 2016
    win 10 and firefox. mediafire keeps sending me a script called otnolatrnup. it seems like the script is a popup malware thing. i installed a a plugin popup blocker called ublock in firefox and it goes to the mediafire site and says there is no such file now. which os and browser do you use Vali?

7. killjoy976

Jun 2, 2016
    what you guys playin at? this site is detected as having a trojan and your links off site have malware you guys have no idea about. or should i blame my browser that got infected cause you said the file was safe? i should know better than to just trust people. i do not know what is goin on with this site but it is not good. if anyone with malwarebytes tries to get to your site it will say it has a trojan.

8. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ Still Mildly Glowing

Jan 31, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  9. killjoy976

Jun 2, 2016
    sorry not talking about the actual files. i am talking about the bad link that i do not want to get near again.

EDIT: someone mentioned it is not worth it anyway to bother getting it cause he explained why he did not like it.

10. killjoy976

Jun 2, 2016
    ok i just sound like i am crazy right now. the link redirected me from mediafire and malicious software one the other site. i got the norton malware thing that kept asking me if i wanted to open it or install it in the lower right corner of the screen and asking me for money. i talked to someone else and they described the mod to me enough that i should not get the thing anyway. so the link is allright and it is safe so i will try it again to see if my chrome browser i do not use much will catch something to see if i was just imagining it.

11. killjoy976

Jun 2, 2016
    looky.jpg i was just wondering why you guys do not actually try and download the file and assume it is safe to click the link. you keep saying there is no malicious code at all hijacking my browser and trying to for me to download another extension that i do not know what it does. i could paste the code here but it is something i do not know enough about and was thinking it was illegal to paste stuff like that anywhere on a website. just the name of the url of the place it sent me to is the name of some popup browser highjacking stuff. the base url without the extra site info is is otnolatrnup.com. not sure if i wanted to paste the url of that place but there is part of it to look up the virus name. also maybe when i have my Ublock addon on and the download link will not appear. if i turn Ublock off it appears when i reload. the file link to the zip file for might be there but i can not find it. Ublock addon off and Ublock addon on. the nasty download button of hell dissappears when Ublock is doin its thing of blocking popups. with ublock on.jpg without ublock.jpg

so i am gonna do something else so im gonna leave my big red bloody sore alone right now. i am starting to look a little butthurt right now. i kinda wanted you guys to just download that file and say it is allright so i can do it next.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  12. Vali

Vali Redeemer

Apr 29, 2020
    I dont know what you have the links working.

13. _Pyran_

Jan 31, 2017
    it might be worth clearing your browser cache... or try downloading a portable version of Chrome, Firefox (or any other browsers) and check the given links...

14. killjoy976

Jun 2, 2016
    so you have not even tried to actually download the file. the link works. i get to the mediafire page. if my ublock origin extension is on the download button is missing because it detects malware and blocks it. if i turn ublock origin off the download button comes up and i click on it. i thought mediafire had a different theme or something or it was a similar named file hosting site that i am confusing with this. but anyway when i click on the download button it tries to get me to install an extension that looks like a popup blocker. then i stop and do not touch the extension it wants me to install. so how many of you have this malware looking popup blocker installed in their system just to download that one file? you know since the download works and you guys have that MIB88 Megamod in the folder you want it to be in. why will no one tell me they actually downloaded the file a little while ago. by the way you guys talk and it seems like you dont care your links have redirects and malware is probably because you want it to spread is the thought i am getting here. would you please prove me wrong and actually click on the link and download the file. it would be that easy. man i would have to figure out html to find what was goin on with the redirect and fake button that i kept pushing cause you guys say the file is okay.

here is the external link from this site to mediafire

https://www.nma-fallout.com/resources/mib88-megamod.11/download?version=87

it should be easy to test this out if you click on it. i copy and pasted the link from this site.
    also i got the file but it was through the link that was in the virus report that said the virus was safe.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  15. Nightingale

Nightingale Stealthy courier

Jun 28, 2014
    that, uh, that Link isn't active anymore... hence why there are other links here

16. killjoy976

Jun 2, 2016
    wow i am out of here and gone. wtf.

17. Nightingale

Nightingale Stealthy courier

Jun 28, 2014
    because the link you posted doesn't lead to anything?

odd reaction, but ok

Hey Sir MIB, is there any progress in getting EPA fixed?

18. _Pyran_

Jan 31, 2017
    First post links\files is clean. The download is working fine. (confirmed)
    Download new clean browser and check again (for example FF) or maybe, need to check os with av scanners.

19. Matt Drax

Matt Drax Smart Ass

Sep 4, 2010
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  20. _Pyran_

Jan 31, 2017
    I checked it on opera and firefox without addons - left click on the button - I didn't see any problems. Both links work

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020