Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by MIB88, Mar 20, 2017.

1. sula

sula First time out of the vault

Dec 16, 2005
    Bugs:

- Laughing Gas Salvatore quest. Planting does not produce results after you took Salvatore first quest. Need to do it before (or possibly after you're Made Man? -- I've not checked)

- Freelance Slavery/Slaver Perk sometimes don't get "turned on". Meaning you choose this perk but then dialogue option of taking ownership during speaking never comes up. There are just your 2 usual dialogue options of freeing a slave.

I have no idea how to reproduce this bug. When Slavery Perk works then it works all the time, if it does not work - then it never works and you just wasted a perk - and you can't even use F12SE to reset/regain perk cause SlaverPerk is not listed there in Skills/Perk tab.

I propose to modify this from being a perk into something more akin to Gecko Skinning - meaning you get it via quest/something in-game rather than from perk selection at level up.
    It would make more sense given preety low utility/gain even when it works.

- English Bob and Den child quest. He still gives you quest after Tubby's death but then with Tubby dead, child is not there so you cannot complete quest.

- Den crashes - around mid-game - Den Main Street starts crashing often upon entering - seems preety random but happens often as it might not crash when entering from wasteland but crash once you enter it again through Den Residental area or other way around.

Den Hole/Metziger area and Den Residential themself never seem to crash.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  2. Ranger117

Ranger117 First time out of the vault

Dec 31, 2016
    I was looking at the downloads page, but cannot see 2.47 on there. Is the download link hidden somewhere in this thread?

3. Hubal

Hubal Still Mildly Glowing

Sep 11, 2014
  4. Ranger117

Ranger117 First time out of the vault

Dec 31, 2016
  5. distermaster

distermaster First time out of the vault

Oct 14, 2020
    hi i always modify the proto files in fallout 2 and 1 whit mods or whitout the but whit this mod i cant do it please can you tell me how

6. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ Still Mildly Glowing

Jan 31, 2017
    distermaster
    add proto files to '..\fallout 2\megamod\data' folder (with read only attribute).

7. distermaster

Oct 14, 2020
  8. distermaster

Oct 14, 2020
    I did what you said and I get this

Attached Files:

9. Peter Dilema

Peter Dilema First time out of the vault

Oct 18, 2020
    Hi, first of all thank you for the great mod.
    While playing the latest version i encountered a dialog problem in the "siege" location. While in the pre-scripted dialogues between the BOS and Enclave guys there is just "Error" appearing over their heads and after that when i kill all the enclave guys the game crashes when a dialogue starts with the error GDialog::Error Grabbing text message!
    Can you please help me?

10. SurpriseKamikaze

SurpriseKamikaze First time out of the vault

Oct 7, 2020
    How to fly the vertibird in Navarro? I talked to the guard, I talked to Maria. I can only access the trunk of the vertibird but I can't seem to fly it. Is this version unfinished? Also when doing the BOS quest about the reconnaissance, i.e. killing the Enclaves who has "Error" dialog crashes the game because it has "missing dialog". Please, help anyone
    Developers pls reply

11. DPoiman

DPoiman First time out of the vault

Mar 13, 2019
    Problem
    Fallout : steam version with 1.02 US patch
    Megamod : pyran installer version 2.47.5

- When you enter EPA and save/load after some time it crashes, also it crashes when you leave and enter map again. Anyway its seem bugged, you cant use anything but only main "localization" computer and kill plants - any locked dors cant be opened, also stairs on right building teleport you out around base when used.

- Myron always sound like he wear power armor.

- Popup dialogue is bugged in slavers camp. with 1st slaver like also with Sulik sister.

- Colly sometimes crashes... sometimes not, dunno what trigger crash, dont figure it out, total random.

- Monastery - if you want to join up AFTER you bring verti plans to BOS - they automatic consider you like traitor and kills you.

- Primitive tribe/umbra tribe - you "cant" sign alliance between tribes, quest is bugged and never finish - you can sign that pact forever.

- highwayman looks like... burnt? its his "new" look?

- in random containers you can find many times "reserved item" that looks like buffout.

Also a question: there is an option to replace certain weapons sounds? i prefer old f2 revolwer/14mm/223. pistol sounds, not those from F1 :>

edit: ah well fuck, Dobbs dissapear somewhere... when diggin in F12se, i notice he is listed in one town but cant find him anywhere... is there a some variables to edit to make him... appear again? i dont have save to rollback :<

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  12. Silver-Lambda

Silver-Lambda First time out of the vault

Feb 2, 2020
    any updates ?

13. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ Still Mildly Glowing

Jan 31, 2017
    Not planned for the near future.
    Only if we solve the problem together
    and fix what we can

14. MIB88

MIB88 So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    Hey! I'm still around! :P I have been making small fixes when I can, mostly fixing bugs given to me by @Muttie a little while back. However, I've been having A LOT overtime at work. Been super busy ever since April. So, updates will be slow. But, know that I haven't abandoned the MM.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 4
  15. MIB88

MIB88 So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    Thanks @DPoiman . I'll add your bugs to the list. A few comments, though:

I'm working on these. @Muttie actually provided me a lot of useful information regarding Colly crashes. Hopefully I can fix these.

The Monks do say not to give the plans to anyone else, don't they? (Although, thinking about it now, I need to add an option to be able to convincingly lie to the head monk.)

I think I fixed this one for the next release.

It is one of the newer looks. There are a few others too, as it can be painted.

Two ways, I think: you can get a proto editor to change the sound file used. Or, you could get the sound file you like, and put it it the sound folder after renaming it to what the current weapon is set to.

Um... I don't know what to do in that situation. The only place he should disappear to is New Reno.

You said:
    Do you mean he only says float messages like he is wearing armor?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020 at 4:45 AM
  16. DPoiman

DPoiman First time out of the vault

Mar 13, 2019
    - i get there AFTER i complete plot with BOS, in such situation, its kinda problematic.

Sounds cool, do we have any tips where to paint them... or at least i could know? :>

God bless you! I will try to poke around there a bit. Do you know meybe where is storaged a sound files? with proto menager i can only "swap" sounds between different weapons "in mod", but i cant find the old sound which appear somewhere on main F2 data...

its very possible i miss him in reno... well, i play on "cult of personality" full party option, so when tons of ppl runs after you, its easly to miss one :D

mine english is not good... well... for example - if Sulik wear normal armors - his voice sounds normal, ye, if you put a power armor on him, his sound is modified like he wear power armor - Myron have this voice even without wearing power armor, even his "meeting dialogue" sound like this.

Somewhere was another quest related to "saving your village" and its also bugged like this one, but i rly dont renember where it is... in vault 13?

Also i notice when you equip any armor on Lenny and when you "look" at him - messagebox says he is "ex-ghoul"

another - when i run of petrol in car on wasteland, i dont have place "out of gas" only car disappear... completly, i do not repeat this to confirm its all time bug.

And i have a question, Metzger in Den have bit more dialogue options, when we talk about seeling companions - dialogue mentions "Dex" and "Kitsune" - who's they?

but what about EPA? in update earlier, its looks completly different... and well.. it works then.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020 at 5:33 PM
  17. Nonocea

Nonocea First time out of the vault

Feb 12, 2020
    This has been going on for a long time now, and I don't think anyone's really tried to fix it. Most of the new Navarro content is completely broken from what I've played. Maria's dialogue loops, the toxic caves quest not being able to start at all, and of course the Vertibird now only featuring a storage trunk and no flight capabilities. I've also had the same problem with the BOS/Enclave siege you mentioned as well. Fingers crossed it gets fixed, but it doesn't seem like there's much love for the Enclave stuff.