Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by MIB88, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Goat_Boy

Goat_Boy It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 18, 2021
    Hi this is an early version, of the talking head addon I'm making for Megamod:

It features all the animated ones I made for RPU plus a few made just for the this mod's NPCs, also a few static ones just to fill up the roster.

3.png

There's a few exceptions though, mainly some Den and Arroyo NPCs cause I was having trouble compiling their script. Not sure how to solve that.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  2. Nirran

Nirran Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    From Ddraw.ini

;Set to 1 to double the number of available kill types
    ;If you use this, you need to provide the extra descriptions in proto.msg (entries from 1450 to 1487 are names and 1488 to 1525 are descriptions)
    ;Changing this option mid game will not invalidate old save games, but the players kill counters will be completely screwed.
    ;Setting this to 1 may cause problems if the player kills more than 32767 of any one critter type
    ;Additional kill types must have their new critical tables set! (See the OverrideCriticalTable option)
    ExtraKillTypes=1

megamod has added 2 kill types,maybe this is the cause?

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  3. MIB88

MIB88 So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    @Goat_Boy
    Definitely going to be including your work in the next release.

@Nirran and @_Pyran_
    Thank you for your continuing work in helping people here and bug squashing.

For the general public
    There is a bit of news that is both good and bad. Finally, after more than a year and a half, work has slowed down to a more manageable level. So, while that is bad news for my finances, it is good news for my available free time. Finally going to be able to take a vacation (where I will be spending virtually no time in front of a computer), and when I get back from that, I'll be able to devote some time to modding again. I'm shooting for the next release to the MM to be around the beginning of August.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  4. Goat_Boy

Goat_Boy It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 18, 2021
    Hey man take all the time you need, you come before anything else ;)

5. APAKane

APAKane First time out of the vault

Jun 25, 2016
    New bug report: Hunting rifle lacks any firing modes for the player. It can be loaded and unloaded by dragging ammo but never shot

Edit: on loading my savegame the firing modes are restored..

6. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jan 31, 2017
    And Bozar, on the contrary, can be charged twice. Both are on the fix list.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  7. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    Hey, having a great time currently with Megamod.

Some bugs/ issues:
    • EPA: Can't attach the rope to the beam on ground floor elevator in EPA. When hovering a cursor over it there's no Use icon.
    • Navarro: Got the pilot in Broken Hills to train me and used the Schreber's requisition order to bullshit past the guard but I can only use cargo hold.
    • Broken Hills: Turns don't end during combat in the mines. I was able to progress with Sneak and Stealth Boy.
    • New Reno, Shark Club: Beggars near the exit grid to Desperado have Error instead of float messages.
    • Umbra Tribe: The quest to negotiate with chieftain doesn't end and dialogue can be repeated for XP.
    • Vault City: Quest to scout NCR doesn't end and can be repeated for XP and motion sensors.
    • Colly: After Josie kills his brother Humphrey and I deal with Pard (doesn't matter whether I kill him or talk him down) I get the option to talk Leyla into going with Josie. While Josie completely vanishes from the map, Leyla's body appears, even if I convinced her to leave with him.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  8. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jan 31, 2017
    Hi! Let's take note. What is possible, we will try to fix it.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2