Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

Okay, thanks! Apologies for all the questions, this mod simply doesn't have great documentation and there are some outstanding bugs.

Not a problem, despite a few problems I had a lot of fun with MegaMod.
Hopefully more people play it.

I'll have to talk to Phil instead. I already turned in Jacob and Aileen, and Phil doesn't seem to have any unique dialog regarding this topic. Do I need to do something else?

The guide is referring to vanilla dialogue, but I'm not sure if it'll work after you've already busted the conspirators.

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Phil_(Broken_Hills)
The Chosen One can tip Phil $1 or $2 every time they buy something from him, and when tipped a total of $20 he will tell the Chosen One about a secret weapons cache - that can be recovered by some dialogue - in Broken Hills.

When you get into the basement you'll have to step on majority of basement grids for it to count as scouted.

Well, I just made it to Vault 14 from the Mariposa computer. The front door is locked, and the Megamod guide says that I was supposed to have a random encounter with a couple of dead supermutants holding the keycard to the door. I never had that encounter, and I don't feel like driving in circles on the world map until I do (if I do at all) so I'm thinking of using the save editor to give myself the key card. What's the key card's name in the save editor?

Alternatively, can't I use the save editor to put the random encounter somewhere on the map?

I understand the EPA is full of bugs currently.

Is there any way to get to the NPCs there at present to recruit one (or all) of the three, even cheating it or save editing?

The stairs and elevator are out, I understand that and the vents I can interact with but nothing yet happens.

Thanks for any help.

I am having issues with two things right now, other than random crashes that make me save every five minutes.

1: Sulik's sister gives and error in the update box at the bottom left, even though the .msg and the .ini related to her is there. If I click on her, the game crashes.

2: There is no crate for Salvatore's guns anywhere, moving on with the Cold Heart's is impossible. I don't know if it wasn't written into the code, but there is nothing to click that gives an ammo crate.

1. Not sure why you are experiencing that one.
2. It's on the gun stash map. Get the job. Go to the map. Grab the crate there. Return to Fence.

2: There is no crate for Salvatore's guns anywhere, moving on with the Cold Heart's is impossible. I don't know if it wasn't written into the code, but there is nothing to click that gives an ammo crate.

If you're on the stash map, killed everybody and can't find the crate, then try to pickpocket Cold Hearts that assisted you during the fight.

I had 1 instance that I could not replicate where one of them picked it up after the fight.
They won't turn hostile if you fail to steal it, so you don't even have to reload after every failed attempt.

This is the error message I get with Sulik's sister every time.
Sulik's sister error.jpg

If you're on the stash map, killed everybody and can't find the crate, then try to pickpocket Cold Hearts that assisted you during the fight.

I had 1 instance that I could not replicate where one of them picked it up after the fight.
They won't turn hostile if you fail to steal it, so you don't even have to reload after every failed attempt.
Thank you. Did that. Got the quest done.

As soon as I touch the door, it goes into the dialgoue and crashes. How do I open the door without that happening?

BTW, I already wiped out the slavers. hehe.

Also had the issue. If you open the cage door and then talk to her the dialogue will open and she'll escape (you might also have to kill the slavers first).

Sulik's sister error.jpg

One more thing. . .there are times when Dogmeat runs away from me to a specific place and starts barking loud. What does this mean and what do I do?

I'm at the slaver camp and he ran next to the door and started barking. He did so in the Wanamingo Mine too.

That error usually happens because the text file is missing. Maybe your data\text\english\dialog folder is missing rtibec7.msg? That is the name of the text file for Sulik's sister.

As for Dogmeat, that may be something I wasn't finished adding yet that might have accidentally been triggered. Dogmeat could be trained to find certain items for the player (ammo, drugs, explosives, etc.). I wonder if part of that code is being activated?

That error usually happens because the text file is missing. Maybe your data\text\english\dialog folder is missing rtibec7.msg? That is the name of the text file for Sulik's sister.

As for Dogmeat, that may be something I wasn't finished adding yet that might have accidentally been triggered. Dogmeat could be trained to find certain items for the player (ammo, drugs, explosives, etc.). I wonder if part of that code is being activated?

if so, there should be a item nearby correct? neat

if so, there should be a item nearby correct? neat

If it were working properly, yes. But, the player character is supposed to be able to train Dogmeat to find one type of item only. It's not supposed to happen on it's own. And, I don't think it's ready yet.

Too bad that there won't be any updates it seems. :(

Is that an attempt at some reverse psychology, or something?

From the readme that I have that is in progress:

Changes/Fixes made since version 2.47.5:
-Numerous dialog and grammar fixes
-Minor corrections to various maps (especially with regards to walking through objects)
-Cleaned up code in some scripts
-Inclusion of Fallout 2 Cartoon Intro Remake Mod by Biedron0
-Removed some more instances where killed enemies had two sets of armor
-Corrected a number of scripts which had incorrect/missing variables regarding Sexpert, Gigolo and Virgin (Thanks to Muttie)
-Added story/character enhancements from Endocore
-Asking Klint, Sulik, or Cassidy to wait will no longer corrupt saved games
-Orphans in the Den really need to be watched: they'll attempt to steal from party NPCs, too!
-Corrected team issues with certain caravans
-Numerous corrections to NPCs/quests in Colly
-Can no longer repeat the Arroyo/Umbra pact repeatedly for experience
-Corrected Dipper's script
---will not mention Vic or GECK if not appropriate
---added dumb dialog
-Klint can still attempt to heal the PC, but only if he has plant components
-Andy in VC now heals more party NPCs
-Inclusion of Vault Village and related quests
-Brotherhood of Steel quests should work a little better
-PC can no longer keep getting experience repeatedly for scouting out Broken Hills for Stark
-Updates to talking heads
---Addition of talking heads created by Goat Boy
---Corrected backgrounds for conversations with some party NPCs

No. I'm not done with the MM just yet.

It's there and it still crashes when I try to speak to her.
Sister.png

-Minor corrections to various maps (especially with regards to walking through objects)
-Corrected a number of scripts which had incorrect/missing variables regarding Sexpert, Gigolo and Virgin (Thanks to Muttie)
-Orphans in the Den really need to be watched: they'll attempt to steal from party NPCs, too!
---added dumb dialog
-PC can no longer keep getting experience repeatedly for scouting out Broken Hills for Stark

I'm hyped!

---added dumb dialog

Well, the mod was not updated since early 2021 and the last news were in April 2022 when an update was estimated to be released in August 2022. And with no news or updates coming up since then...

So I assumed that RL duties/problems put this mod in an indefinite hold.

I've seen waaay to many mods ending up in development hell/zombie status so I guess I'm kinda sceptical now. :(

Back