MIB88 MegaMod - opinions, technical issues, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Misteryo said:
Also, in Klamath, in Buckner's, there is a back store room you have to pick a lock to get into. And there is a cooler in there, but it's empty! Only empty locked room in FO2 I think. Is something missing?

The contents of that box are driven by your stats. If you don't meet the criteria, then the box will be empty. It's an addition from New Vision 2. You can probably find some mention of it on the forum devoted to it over at TeamX, if you really want to know more.

Edit: Also, found some missing code in Dangerous Dan's script. He will no longer say you killed his people if the bar brawl was resolved peacefully.

The contents of that box are driven by your stats.

Cool. Never thought of that.

One more for you...

1) Random encounter outside The Den with some radscorpions. My game crashed to desktop when I looked at the large scorpion. I mention it because it sounds like the problem with the ants that you fixed recently.

thanks

Misteryo said:
1) Random encounter outside The Den with some radscorpions. My game crashed to desktop when I looked at the large scorpion. I mention it because it sounds like the problem with the ants that you fixed recently.

I hope that was just random. Those other issues (in the EPA and the Arroyo temple) were only fixed when I removed those critters from the map and replaced them. I can't do that with random encounter maps, as those critters aren't there until you enter the map. Please let me know if you keep encountering this, though.

Also, a clarification on the Dangerous Dan fix: it turns out that all of the responses were coded wrong (a variable was off by 2 for four different scenarios). So, regardless of the outcome at the bar, no matter who you arrest or kill, he will now give the right response.

MIB, i made some discovers about that generated files, everytime that i save, if i deleted them they are generated again, im right now in klamath, did no quests yet, im starting to think that it is related to klint, altought i need to do more testings.

Also, this has been related too, whenever i equip klint with leather armor or leather jacket, if i save the game, then try to reload, game crashes (just reported this to say that this is happening to me too).

Im starting a new game to check when the new files are being generated

Edit: I've found out whats happening, i started a game, saved in the temple of trials and there they are, those new generated files, and with a woman, when i start the game, if i accept klint in my party, the files are generated too, and if i exit game after accepting klint, without saving, the files are deleted automaticaly

Then maybe the problem is associated with the temple, not Klint. If the problem were Klint, I would keep getting those files made all the time, not just a few times early in the game, because I keep him in the party. I just tried the thing you mentioned above with the leather armor. I have Klint in my party, late in the game now. I gave him a leather armor, and the game still reloads just fine. I haven't had those errors created in a long time. However, there may still be an error with the Klint proto file. Can you tell me what is the date of the file 00000501.pro in your proto/critters folder? You may not have the latest version (I modified it on March 8 ).

Also, the Klint that joins you if you play a female character and get him to help you outside the temple is a different Klint that joins you in the village after you have completed the Temple: they are two seperate scripts. Also, I never get Klint to join me to help me clear out the Temple, yet those same files were created for me. Another sign that the error is somewhere else, and not Klint.

Let me know what else you find out though. I am starting to get the feeling that, even if the cause of the problem is found, there might not be anything that can be done to fix it...

irheat123 said:
Another issue with navaro, I can get the dialog option to mention that I was told by a tech to retrieve the veritbird plan without have the cook to tell me the gossip. but if get the info from cook first, I don't have the dialog option. Is this a bug?

There has to be something else that you are doing differently here. I have taken apart these two scripts and looked through them. That dialog in Quincy's script (the maintenance guy) about retrieving the plans for the tech is activated when you have met a certain variable that is not even mentioned in the cook's script.

hi

well I have done everything like was write in txt and i got this problems:

1 ) Modoc - Bessy got Error, Error in dialogue....

2 ) Modoc - Mira ok i got black screen and thats it.. and now it happens in church

3 ) Vault 13 - loop when inserting voice recognition module...

4 ) Vault 14 don't appear on worldmap after talking to Marcus about armor for him

5 ) I don't have EPA or Abbey on worldmap... and i think others places... (but Primitive Tribe and B21 appear properly after talking to NPC )

6 ) Broken Hills - Tony in cafe got Error over his head after talking to him... and btw asking other then wright text ends exiting from dialogue

7 ) Gecko - I got 2 same Quests in pipboy - "Get Super Repair Kit for Skeeter" dunno

8 ) B21 - car disappear....

btw Can u add a childs to English (Childless) version... as a part of mod..

Im dunno where to write this but exp for modoc Cold Hearts quests are to low i got 100-200exp for quest its just to unbalanced.

Have someone have walkthrough for mods in this pack im search forum and i didnt found much... pls pm..

I love megamod great job !! :)

fazi said:
4) Vault 14 don't appear on worldmap after talking to Marcus about armor for him

6) Broken Hills - Tony in cafe got Error over his head after talking to him... and btw asking other then wright text ends exiting from dialogue

7) Gecko - I got 2 same Quests in pipboy - "Get Super Repair Kit for Skeeter" dunno

8 ) B21 - car disappear....

btw Can u add a childs to English (Childless) version... as a part of mod..

Im dunno where to write this but exp for modoc Cold Hearts quests are to low i got 100-200exp for quest its just to unbalanced.

You didn't read everything in the readme files. Some of the answers are either there or in this thread no more than 6 pages back. Either read those or do a search. I don't intend to answer those.

4. Pay attention to Marcus's dialog. He doesn't tell you the location of Vault 14.

6. I will look into this. Maybe the wrong dialog float is called. But why do you think his ending dialog with you because you don't say the right thing is a bug?!

7. I will look into this.

8. Already fixed with the 2.1.1 update patch availabe here.

Children's patch - I may add this graphics update in a future version.

And you are right, there is not much of a walkthru available in this thread, especially not from me. People here could tell you that I don't like doing that, but that I have no problem if others talk about it.

As for the experience you get, I may adjust this later, but this is not very high on my list of priorities. Perhaps I should lower the experience all throughout the rest of the mod to be really low, so that the player gains levels very slowly. It would definitely make the game harder... :twisted:

Edit: Thanks for telling me about #6. There was a line of dialog missing and has been fixed.

MIB88 said:
As for the experience you get, I may adjust this later, but this is not very high on my list of priorities. Perhaps I should lower the experience all throughout the rest of the mod to be really low, so that the player gains levels very slowly. It would definitely make the game harder... :twisted:

pls... nooo ;)

(spoiler)

You was right i get coordinates to vault 14 in military base computer(second floor)

1) Now where i can find the special key to open doors(Vault 14 entrance)?

2) How can i stole Vertibird i got this New Reno transfer drug... but im lost...

I got Megamod 2.1.1 and still car not appear in B21 i will start game again and see... i also check Proto folder to read only(files and subfolders), del 00000062.pro && 00000382.pro.

fazi said:
I got Megamod 2.1.1 and still car not appear in B21 i will start game again and see...

I was mistaken. I thought I included the corrected script for that map in the 2.1.1 update/patch, but I just checked it and I didn't. So, starting over will not help. I'll include the corrected script in the next update.

Also MIB, i will try to reinstall the game again with the US version, and i dont know why any armors in game can be used by Klint( last time i tried only a few).
When i put armor on him, then save game, when i try to load game, it crashes.
Sunday im gonna try again if those files will be generated and also try if klint can use armors...
HEY GREAT JOB MAN, I LOVE THIS MOD SINCE THE BEGINNING, VALEU!

Thanks, heodien. Let me know what you find out.

Oh, and finally, a lootable Horrigan...

Hello, MIB88

Really good job with the mod :)

I noticed a strange thing - after visiting Vault 14, my karma drops to 0 (it was 2500 or so).

And another thing - Sierra Army Depot - I used cyber brain, med gel and some electronic-gizmos on the big yellow scrapped security bot and it worked. Wow, a real robot with a minigun and a rocket launcer - Skynet, like a dream come true. And it was all good until we got out of SAD, then Skynet said something like "Skynet is free, tour existence holds no meaning!" and started attacking. Is that a bug or Skynet has gone bananas?

Klint: okay, he's cool, but I cannot trade with him, the game says: "This critter cannot carry anything" A bug?

Modoc: The miner I met back in... Redding and who started working on the collapsed tunnel down the well. The only thing he says is "Error" and the same goes for the midget, who is working with him. And as I try to speak with the miner, the game crashes.

and sorry for my English :oops:

at some point, my karma went down to 0...I didn't notice until I killed a caravan (the evil one with slaves), set the slaves free and went to see what my karma boost from that one would be. to my surprise my karma was -15. I loaded up a save slot from a few minutes before that and my karma was at 0. I loaded up an even older save slot and my karma was at 1300.

Since that slot I have cleared out the Military Base, visited San Francisco (but did nothing in it except accept the Navarro quest which I've yet to do), killed some Enclave patrols for the advanced power armor, cleared out Vault 14, got the armor for Marcus, cleared out Sierra Army Depot and obtained Skynet. Is there some glitch somewhere in all that that erases all your karma? Because it's pretty extreme to go from 1300 down to 0.

Edit: sorry to be redundant, I was actually typing this same post while the person before me was typing their's...note the post times. Sorry!

okask said:
I noticed a strange thing - after visiting Vault 14, my karma drops to 0 (it was 2500 or so).

... And it was all good until we got out of SAD, then Skynet said something like "Skynet is free, tour existence holds no meaning!" and started attacking. Is that a bug or Skynet has gone bananas?

Klint: okay, he's cool, but I cannot trade with him, the game says: "This critter cannot carry anything" A bug?

Modoc: The miner I met back in... Redding and who started working on the collapsed tunnel down the well. The only thing he says is "Error" and the same goes for the midget, who is working with him. And as I try to speak with the miner, the game crashes.

lmao said:
at some point, my karma went down to 0...I didn't notice until I killed a caravan (the evil one with slaves), set the slaves free and went to see what my karma boost from that one would be. to my surprise my karma was -15. I loaded up a save slot from a few minutes before that and my karma was at 0. I loaded up an even older save slot and my karma was at 1300.

Well, obviously the karma dropping is a bug, though I haven't noticed this karma bug before. Could the two of you please go to some earlier saved games and play through in an attempt to let me know exactly where this occurred?

As for Skynet, that is a scripted encounter that is supposed to happen if you take Skynet with you after making yourself an enemy of the base. However, I noticed this in one of my saved games, too, and I didn't do that, so I messed up some local or global variable somewhere.

As for Klint, that error usually occurs when a proto file from my mod has gotten overwritten/erased. Check your proto/critters folder and make sure the following files are there and that they are the same dates as the ones from the Megamod. I am willing to bet one of them is messed up:
00000115.pro
00000122.pro
00000126.pro
00000128.pro
00000130.pro
00000132.pro
00000501.pro
00000502.pro
00000503.pro
00000504.pro

Modoc miners: You don't have the dialog files in. Go and get the patch from this site, or read in this thread where I said which text files to change. It should be an easy thing to find, since I included about 20 keywords in the message.

@lmao: You reminded of of something: the player should get positive karma for freeing slaves in those encounters. I will make sure to add that code.

Klamath Errors

I am enjoying the reworking MIB88 did. I ran into some problems in Klamath:

Found Vic the Trader at his shop but I can't interact with him.
The ladder down north of the gun store does not change screens. When I touch it, my character puts away his weapon and starts manipulating it, then stands back up and takes out his weapon.

Well, obviously the karma dropping is a bug, though I haven't noticed this karma bug before. Could the two of you please go to some earlier saved games and play through in an attempt to let me know exactly where this occurred?

Right upon entering Vault 14, the karma goes straight to 0. I used my old save file to visit it again.

Also, the King Arthur's Knights encounter with the vorpal rat appears to be very bugged, once I throw the grenade at the rat and it explodes, I can't do anything else. even if I have 0 AP left I can't change turns, etc. My char just stands there stupidly while I wave around the cursor.

lmao said:

Right upon entering Vault 14, the karma goes straight to 0. I used my old save file to visit it again.

Great. Another bug that I am not experiencing. Makes it really hard to track down the source. I will check out the map script for that location. However, it doesn't make sense that you would simply stop losing karma at 0...it should just keep going into the negative. OK, try this one for me: load up the saved game and enter the map. Check your karma immediately. Then close the character screen and check it again. I would like to know how quickly the drop occurs. Also, it might seem like a random question but still: has your character taken any slaves?

lmao said:
Also, the King Arthur's Knights encounter with the vorpal rat appears to be very bugged, once I throw the grenade at the rat and it explodes, I can't do anything else. even if I have 0 AP left I can't change turns, etc. My char just stands there stupidly while I wave around the cursor.

Is this reproducible? I have encountered this map before without any problems...and I usually just kill the rat with other weapons instead of using the HHG on it. And I don't remember any changes being done to this encounter except for changing the placement of the car if you have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back