MIB88 MegaMod - opinions, technical issues, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bessie "Error"

Hi, again. I'm still enjoying this collection of mods a lot. Thanks, MIB (and all the original modders, too!).

Modoc: I heal Bessie. I initiate dialogue with Bessie. I get only "Error" from her, and I have many choices of dialogue from my end, all of which are "Error." I can even choose a response and get to the next screen of dialogue, and all Bessie or I can say at any point in the dialogue tree is, "Error."

Pretty impressive that a cow can say Error instead of Moo, but, still, I think it's probably a bug.

Thanks again, Silencer.

@Misteryo: Oops. That was part of another mod in order to have more options with Bessie and making her a real party member. As it was, I didn't want to implement it yet. Not as it is, anyway. It makes sense that you might have a critter like this in your party to carry stuff for you when you if you don't have a car yet. A pack animal of sorts. I had forgotten that it needed to be changed. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

No problem MIB. You get a lot of telling you something, doing something wrong, and all that, I understand it gets frustrating a bit.

As for the files, I searched every file, and it seems I have a lot of files created and modified on 15 march, including those that you mention:

00000089.pro
00000097.pro
00000161.pro

Since I installed it on the 14, probably those are the problem files. I have some doubts, because they are many created on the 15, 16, like 10 or 12, and I am wondering if deleteding them would cause any harm.

Sorry for bugging you (pun intended), but what should I do? Delete all the latter files?

Smoke_Jaguar said:
No problem MIB. You get a lot of telling you something, doing something wrong, and all that, I understand it gets frustrating a bit.

As for the files, I searched every file, and it seems I have a lot of files created and modified on 15 march, including those that you mention:

00000089.pro
00000097.pro
00000161.pro

Since I installed it on the 14, probably those are the problem files. I have some doubts, because they are many created on the 15, 16, like 10 or 12, and I am wondering if deleteding them would cause any harm.

Sorry for bugging you (pun intended), but what should I do? Delete all the latter files?

Don't sweat it. Anyway, those files are the problem. They should not be there at all. Those are .pro files for Cassidy, Sulik and Marcus, respectively. I bet if you delete those, your NPCs will level correctly. I have to check my game folder from time to time to ensure that certain .pro files like that aren't created. I promptly delete them. The game creates these files for so many party NPCs.

Just remember: for the mod to work right, you should not have any files in any folder that were modified after any other file from the Megamod. Another thing to check is their read-only status. I keep all necessary files on read only. If I see a file and I don't remember if I had intentionally modified it or not, I check this. If it is not read only, I assume it was made by the game and then delete it. (Another thing I guess I should add to the installation notes/tips.)

There is only a problem, if you delete those files and try to load your last save game, the game will crash or they will be generated again, you must delete them and go to a previous save game.

heodien said:
There is only a problem, if you delete those files and try to load your last save game, the game will crash or they will be generated again, you must delete them and go to a previous save game.

A version of the correct .pro file will be in the savegame folder. I think that is why the error happens: There is a conflict between the .pro file in the savegame slot and the one in the proto\critters folder. However, I have never had the problem that my latest saved game would not work if I deleted those .pro files. If I could not get my latest game to work, it was because I had some other stuff corrupted. Or, perhaps I just don't remember this. Again, something else for me to experiment with...

Don't sweat it MIB, it worked, as you said.Thanks.

Moving on.

A weird bug...whenever I load a game saved in vault 13, I get 2000 exp for finding the vault.

Still got no respons from Sherriff Marion upon healing his leg.

After you resolve the bar fight peacefully, i.e. they both quit and no one gets locked up, Dan Mcgrew still thinks you killed his miners.

NOT A BUG: What's the deal with Goris? Someone changed his appearance? I can't get my PC to aknoledge the fact that HE IS a deathclaw, even after exposing himself. Weird huh? What the hell is he...

I got the poison the man in Klamath recommended for my village ages ago. the problem is, when I went back there, a quest to clear my name automatically activated, and after I finished that, the Elder disappeared. I went on with the rest of the game and my rep in Arroyo is dropping like a stone. is the Elder necessary to save the plants or is there something else I'm supposed to be doing?

lonestar190 said:
I have seen this mentioned but could not find the solution. I am unable to install the voice module in Vault 13. Any help?

I still am not sure of this myself. I am not experiencing this bug, and the only file I can think of that controld this, I did in fact modify, but you have the same version as me. I don't know yet.

@lmao: Yes, the Elder is necessary. You need to talk to her. I don't understand this bit about her just disappearing...

Smoke_Jaguar said:
A weird bug...whenever I load a game saved in vault 13, I get 2000 exp for finding the vault.

Must be a bug since the beginning. The map script controlling the location gives you exp for entering the vault the first time. Not sure why it registers loading up the game as being the first time. I might just have to tack on another global variable to make sure that doesn't happen.

Smoke_Jaguar said:
Still got no respons from Sherriff Marion upon healing his leg.

Weird. I know the code and dialog are there. I'll check this out.

Smoke_Jaguar said:
After you resolve the bar fight peacefully, i.e. they both quit and no one gets locked up, Dan Mcgrew still thinks you killed his miners.

Got it.

Smoke_Jaguar said:
NOT A BUG: What's the deal with Goris? Someone changed his appearance? I can't get my PC to aknoledge the fact that HE IS a deathclaw, even after exposing himself. Weird huh? What the hell is he...

This sounds like a bug. I didn't change anything regarding that dialog option...at least not intentionally. No, he is definitely still a deathclaw. Hmmm...

Cannot save game

Ookay. So I installed both Megamod 2 and 2.1

But now when I play the game... I can't save. Not sure what I did or if this is a glitch/bug. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

What i said was that if you deleted the new generated files and loaded last game they were generated again, but if it solved, no problem, it just happened to me a few times.
MIB, i dont know wich variable its triggering those new files, but this time it didnt happened, i have nothing new in my pro crit. files, strange...
Well, lets play a little bit more and i will give you more answers

Circa1989: Man, just unset and set again the whole proto folder to read-me only, and check all the inside files if they are read-me only too, if it doesnt solve, then i dont know

heodien said:
...MIB, i dont know wich variable its triggering those new files, but this time it didnt happened, i have nothing new in my pro crit. files, strange...

Yes, it is odd. Like I said earlier in this thread, I really do think there is an encounter, character, or location early in the game which triggers this to happen. I'll get those bad .pro files made at some point. Then, once I have progressed sufficiently into the game, I don't see them created any more.

Just make it to vault 13, have the same voice module bug, it does not give me the option to use the module in my inventory.

Another issue with navaro, I can get the dialog option to mention that I was told by a tech to retrieve the veritbird plan without have the cook to tell me the gossip. but if get the info from cook first, I don't have the dialog option. Is this a bug?

irheat123 said:
...I can get the dialog option to mention that I was told by a tech to retrieve the veritbird plan without have the cook to tell me the gossip. but if get the info from cook first, I don't have the dialog option. Is this a bug?

Obviously a bug, but it must have been there since the beginning. I never changed anything with the cook's or that tech's script except for the lootable armor addition. But I will go through and change whatever variable is controlling this. Thanks.

You have commited 3 noob violations in a row:

1) asking a qestion that has been answered dozens of times in the past.

2) Same again.

3) Double posting.

You have obviously not installed the mod correctly. read the readme file and make sure to check and uncheck the proto folder as read only.
Falcache 1.11 works fine.

lonestar190 said:
Does anyone have an idea how to get around the voice module bug?

The only file that I know is related to this that I altered is oscomptr.int. But like I said, mine is working fine and I have no idea why the loop is caused elsewhere. The only change I made related to the video you see of the deathclaws getting killed.
What you could try is using the same file from an earlier version of the mod...or even just try renaming/deleting that file from the scripts folder, thereby causing the game to use the original version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back