Most Hated Fallout Character

How has nobody mentioned Jack Cabot? FUCK. THIS. GUY. Fuck everybody associated with his quest, seriously! As soon as I see that one ghoul that gives you the quest in whatever town you're in I disable his essentially and kill the fucker, then go to Jack's house and kill him too.

What the hell was Bethesda thinking? "Oh, we gotta make a reference to New Vegas and not pretend that it doesn't exist! What should we do?"

"Oh! Retconn a fuckton of lore and say there's an alien city underneath it! The Classic community loves aliens and retconned lore!"

"Great idea, Emil! We already made Kellog from the NCR or whatever the fuck it's called, who cares? They'll love us with how many references we make to past games!"

That's the key to not hate Uly. He's mad, broken, delusional man, he failed at everything in his life. Can't hate someone with mental illness.

Sometimes I even spare him in the end (I like the final shodown against the marked men).

Edit: I played F2 lots of times, but never find Pariah Dog. I honestly find it fun the idea to hang out with a pack of 4 dogs in this game. I should try this one day.

Last edited:
I have never hated a video game character like I hate Preston. I have spent several hours shooting him until he sat down, waiting for him to get up, then shooting him again. I have made killing him my sole purpose in Crapout 4; My hatred for him is absolutely unmatched.

Oh and Cait sucks too.

Nick Valentine.

I've hated lots of characters in the past, first citizen, macceedy, but never like my reaction to that guy. I hate his whole schtick, and I especially hate that they filtered the main quest and even Far Harbor thru him.

Unfortunately, I know I'm in a minority here, maybe not on this site but in general. There's a lot of love for that character out there.

That hate's dulled a bit over time, but I couldn't wait to be done with him 1st play thru.

Fallout 1: the Overseer
Fallout 2: that moron who was before me the Captain of the Gaurds. He's boring, and he's trash. Come to think of it, the scientologists aren't good either. And Apathetic Vic.
Fallout tactics: the "friendly" raider who asks for food. Why can't he just accept it? Or that browning-mutant right in the way of the APC. I HATE that with passion. Or anyone with gamble option but never lets you win. Or the two talking heads in the mission with the stolen BoS armors. There I hate the rocket launcher guy too at the door of the last room!

>mfw a piece of fucking power armour is the best character in Fallout 3

The only real thing I hate about Dogmeat in 3 and 4 is the fact that they use the same name as some sort of "kewl" reference to 1.

I guess it'd have to be Lynette. Myron in 2nd place.
Thing is, I think they're good characters, they make sense, and I like hating them.
Ulysses I dislike on multiple levels. I don't like hating him. I wish he never existed.
Nothing in F3 made me care enough about characters to feel anything about them (there were small bits I liked but they didn't amount to much). Dad pisses me off. He's bland and, in many things, either nonsensical or a hypocrite. It's his presentation as a paragon and a man with Intelligence over 4 that gets to me.
Didn't play 4 and don't intend to. Wouldn't care, I think.

Edit:
What I'm saying is, it's Lynette if the question is what character we're meant to hate is the most hated. It's Ulysses if the question is about pure hate.

Last edited:
Of all the characters I hate the most? I'm not going to give a long list of candidates. Of all the jackasses in the games I say the Cabots.

I don't hate them on a meta level. If I hated things that scrwed up the lore my most hated character would be Chris Avellone, even though he's not a character. Todd Howard in an artistically bankraupt toymaker, Avellone fucked up Fallout with his allout bible, with the Vault Behavioral Project....mostly everything.

But the thing is Jack Cabot was nearly 200 years old when the apocalypse happened. He and his family did NOTHING to prepare for the apocalypse, not even a contingency plan in case power were disabled long term at Parsons. He spends the next 200 years sitting on his ass, letting generations of people die from radiation poisoning even though flushing out radiation is the chief benefit of the serum. He didn't even give it to Edward when he was deathly sick and got turned into a ghoul. Do you have any idea of how many people he could have saved in the weeks and months after the bombing?! Civilization in Boston might have survived. Despite living for 130 years under the threat of nuclkear devistationhe didn't stockpile books, archieves, old AIs, holodisks that could be used for rebuilding. He did nothing to help the recovery of post war Boston, not lefting one goddmaned finger.

Marcy Long and Lynette are utter, despicable cunts. Myron is a raping toad of a human being. But because sins of ommision count almost as much as sins of commission the Cabot's several lifetimes of failing to lift a finger once for their fellow men make them the WORST indivuals in Fallout.

Tbh I hate James (your father) in fallout three. He is always running away and leaving you behind and when he is not he is sending you into a mutant infested museum to clear it out so he can walk through safely and then on top of that he tells you to "be safe".

Oh yeah and everyone in vault 101 except for Butch and only at the end because he actually feels bad about you getting kicked out. No matter what you do even if you do not kill the overseer she still kicks you out and that sucks because it felt kinda forced they shoulda made an ending where you could settle down in the vault and lived there for the rest of your life.

Does the entirety of Mothership Zeta count as a character?
You can say Fallout 4 doesn't even count as a RPG,
but at least it doesn't have you pay for a three hour long wild wasteland sequence.

Come to think of it a bit more...Myron. Useless egoistic sonuvabitch, it's always a pleasure to kill him in the most violent fashion:-)

In my opinion Fallout is generaly well written enough that even characters that one would be inclined to hate have a relatable, human point of view: be it greed, ignorance or personal vision for the future. That said there were some characters that irritated me:
In Fallout 2 Tandi and her thightly knit élite entourage pissed me off even after you show off your capabilities and the vault suit you have she still doesn't believe in your legacy as the vault dweller's descendant; Lynette is also up there but Lynette is spoiled sheltered child that has no contact with the real world so she's expected to act that way while Tandi has years of experience behind her and has seen what the people of the wastes can truly do.
In Fallout 3 most of the characters were mostly so boring and flat that they didn't draw me in but the characters that really ticked me off were the kids in little lamplight (I know, very original), while the other characters in Fallout 3 seemed to have some sort of coherence to the world around them these kids were in a different leauge, just put into the game to show how wacky and zany the wasteland can be.
In New Vegas I dislike the boomers in their entirety, although I usualy use them in the battle for Hoover Dam I do not think they should be allowed to exist after it, no matter what faction I side with and nomatter wether we used their help or not. Such deluded people fostering such useful technology and infrastructure should be erradicated.
In Fallout 4: Every character that had more than 2 lines besides the Buttercup Robot Unicorn Ghoul, I liked his little sob story

In Fallout 1 there was nobody I really hated except Rhombus, in two I hated First Citizen Joanne Lynette incredibly much, in three Moriarty, Moira, your dad, Tenpenny, Burke, Li, and almost everyone in the Brotherhood of Steel, in New Vegas I hated Benny the most and those idiots Oliver Swanick and Malcolm Holmes, in four Kellog, Father, Travis, Everyone in Diamond city except Piper, Nick and Nat and that's everyone I can think of from the top of my head.

EDIT: Forgot everyone in Little Lamplight

Back