most overrated movies?

I respectfully disagree burtons made better films

-beetlejuice
- Edward scissorhands
- Sweeney Todd
He also did Dark Shadows, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and Planet of the Apes, so I stand by Batman being a decent Burton film.

Is that even a thing?

Charlie and The Choclate Factory was a grog turd rubbed in the face of the original, like modern Robocop and Total Recall, there was absolutely no reason to remake them other than money and propaganda messages. Beetlejuice was always a childhood favorite of mine, very original. Mars Attacks! I thought was also good.
I never said Burton was great, but the man is nowhere near a bad director.

He also did Dark Shadows, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and Planet of the Apes, so I stand by Batman being a decent Burton film.

Planet of the apes wasn't bad though. But that might be because I can't remember it. Literally the most forgetable film I've evee seen. Btw most remakes are shit can't fault burton for that.

Planet of the apes wasn't bad though. But that might be because I can't remember it. Literally the most forgetable film I've evee seen. Btw most remakes are shit can't fault burton for that.
Burton's Planet of the Apes was horrible, you should re-watch it on a bad movie night. I fault Burton for thinking Depp could hold a candle to Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka.

Definitely for me it's Ant Man. I don't understand why that movie got so much love. It was racist, the jokes were terrible, the action didn't start until the last 15 minutes of the movie, and the rest of it was just trying to build up Ant Man along with a stupid love interest that didn't need to be a love interest. Just a cliched, hot mess. Which is a shame because I like Ant Man the character a lot. Paul Rudd did a good job.

Overall US-made films tend to get more exposure in the cinema, television and the critics top pics. Films made outside the US rarely get as much attention and therefore I consider them underrated.

Star wars the force awakens. It wasn't a bad movie. I liked it a lot. But this movie is ultimatleg a horrible sequel. It doesn't give the orig trig characters much to do. The new characters arc way too fast. And it's telling the same story again. Just set... later. Stagnation. At least the prequels had a good story.. it was just buried under terrible writing and execution.

Also clerks. Easily in my top five favorite movies. (my username actually comes from this movie ) I get that this was key's first movie and it was mad for 27,000$ but this movie... it's biggest problem is its a buddy movie and the buddy don't show up for 20 minutes.

I'll just add a couple of them to everything what has been listed here:

Alien (inb4 wall of text form Crni)
The Shawshank Redemption
almost anything with Bruce Willis (except of Pulp Fiction)

edit:
Titanic, guys. Titanic!

Definitely for me it's Ant Man. I don't understand why that movie got so much love. It was racist, the jokes were terrible, the action didn't start until the last 15 minutes of the movie, and the rest of it was just trying to build up Ant Man along with a stupid love interest that didn't need to be a love interest. Just a cliched, hot mess. Which is a shame because I like Ant Man the character a lot. Paul Rudd did a good job.
I hated Antman. The reason why it's a hot mess is because the studio fired the original director Edgar wright(the director of some of the best comedies ever). And replaced him at the last minute.

American sniper is easily one of the most overrated films ever. No offense to war vets but it was basically a propaganda film. The protagonist was a generic "soldier with ptsd" and little to no depth(Bradley cooper does try though). And it has one of the most fakest babies I ever seen in a movie.

scarface, the godfather, pulp fiction, anything disney, saw, lord of the rings, batman dark knight trilogy, roald dahl films, great gatsby, bad boys 1 and 2, men in black, age of ultron, schindlers list, the entire rocky series, 300 (sparta film), any of mel gibsons "brit bashing" films, war horse, any thing spielberg, UP, saving private ryan, the passion of christ, in fact any religious film, the lion king, forrest gump, avatar, django unchained, titanic, anything else to do with batman or superman, braveheart, all the shreks, in fact anything made by dream works, hancock, texas chainsaw massacre, karate kid, eminems biography film, all back to the future movies, all the star wars films.

I have a feeling this is gonna piss some people off

Last edited:
Back