most overrated movies?

I think Casablanca is similar to Citizen Kane in that it was amazing compared to everything else at the time, but many movies have since done their shtick better.

I look at it like this, everyone thinks the Dark Knight is the greatest movie ever right now, but 80 years from now when every film has a well acted villain by default, people will wonder why the hell anybody cared about Heath Ledger's Joker.

Tbh I don't think Citizen Kane has been surpassed. It's certainly overrated with every other person parroting it's the best film ever - but it is one of the best films.
Timeless classic for me.
Casablanca is a film I enjoyed but can live without. Kane is a different thing.

Minecraft letsplays

On a serious note- Romero's Living Dead series.

I think they're great movies and I was quite entertained a few times when I first watched them, but I can't understand how some people find them as a pinnacle of cinematography in depicting complexity of human relationships.

Tbh I don't think Citizen Kane has been surpassed. It's certainly overrated with every other person parroting it's the best film ever - but it is one of the best films.
Timeless classic for me.
Casablanca is a film I enjoyed but can live without. Kane is a different thing.

Not saying I totally disagree, but that wasn't exactly what I meant when I compared the two. Disregarding the actual films themselves, I would imagine much like Citizen Kane, Casablanca has probably influenced a modern work that you couldn't live without.

Ferris Bueller's day off, wtf man, watched yesterday, and kept thinking to myself "soon, soon I'll see what the hype and 7,8/10 and "certified fresh" is all about

aaany moment now

aaaaaaaaany moment"

untill it fucking ended.

Really, I actually kept giving it the benefit of a doubt untill the end. What a retarded movie...
Felt the same way about sixteen candles. Didn't get interesting till the last 15 20 minutes. Still molly ringwald tho

I'll say an underrated masterpiece is Freddy Got Fingered

That film is so ahead if it's time it's an anti Sandler movie before Sandler got shit.

Another underrated film is JASON X
p29363_p_v8_aa-435x623.jpg

easily the best Friday the 13th movie
And yet it's inexplicably the second most hated.
I mean it's the first one with Jason being Jason and no MPAA mandateded cuts every five minutes

I mean yeah its the dumbest one in the franchise. Jason goes to space and becomes a cyborg, fights an android. Plays a VR game. All of this is the best thing to happen to the franchise and I wish more people could see that.

Last edited:
Back