most overrated movies?

Nope. The first Matrix still holds up visually. Just watched it. The plot is also not as predictable as you make it out to be. It was pretty unique at the time.

Yeah, as an Aussie, I fucking hate Fury Road.

Its like.

"Hey, lets make a Mad Max movie, without Mel Gibson, and somehow he gets his car back after 3 showed us that MAD MAX NOW USES ANIMALS"

I would say that the big problem with Inception is that they spent three quarter of the movie with exposition, explaining things that wouldn't even pay off later, then one remaining quarter with a long generic action scene. (and a bit of okayish Dicaprio\Cottillard subplot)

I think that's pretty accurate. I also suspect that they lost a lot of people on the concept of physical (outside) inertia in the dream world.

Hey, lets make a Mad Max movie, without Mel Gibson,
... That character is bigger than mel gibson. Besides Tom hardy did well.
his car back after 3 showed us that MAD MAX NOW USES ANIMALS"
One its most likely a reboot

Two his car was destroyed in road warrior and he found it in the third and its not out of the realm of possibility to think he got it back after the credits rolled

... That character is bigger than mel gibson. Besides Tom hardy did well.
I didn't particularly care for his results as Max.

I think Tom Jane would have been a better choice; (aside from also looking the part)... but then anyone would have had to act with the script they were given, and that seemed pretty weak IMO. :(

Last edited:
I think Fury Road is really cool cause of the fan theory that Tom Hardy's Max is the Feral Kid from Mad Max 2.

Tom jane is near 50 himself. That would defeat the whole point of reversing the character.
They shouldn't have reversed it. The series was linear; it showed what Max was originally, and why he became the Road Warrior, and later where he ended up—after the Feral boy last saw him.

IMO they should have cast Bruce Spense as well. Tom Jane (I think) could have passed for Max in the last installment of the series... Instead of making a reboot that was not worth having its own sequel.

Last edited:
Well I hope to see much more from nu-max. If something can only be considered bad in comparison to its predecessor rather than on it's own merits then its not that bad imo. I wouldn't even call fury road lesser in the first place, personally.

Well I hope to see much more from nu-max. If something can only be considered bad in comparison to its predecessor rather than on it's own merits then its not that bad imo. I wouldn't even call fury road lesser in the first place, personally.
Can you apply that to FO3?
chaos1_zps28416b2c.gif

*I think that FO3 has its own merits, but that they should not have released it as Fallout 3.
(I could say this almost verbatim for Mad Max:Fury Road)

**And with that... We're off topic. I've been trying to think of a few overrated films, but I'm drawing a blank, and the obvious ones are a little too obvious, or already mentioned.

Or else I could say Ironman 3.

Last edited:
Can you apply that to FO3?
No, because fallout 3 is horrible on it's own merits. Even ignoring that its a sequel, it still has no worldbuilding, bland characters, horrible story, linear quests, clunky combat, and no ending.

I mean the plot itself is inconsistent with the environment its set in. 'Nuff said.

Ah, but I meant the "only be considered bad in comparison to its predecessor " part.

FO3 was the wrong gameplay for the series—silly script aside. It was bad because it was the wrong game; not because it was a bad game. Likewise (IMO) Fury Road was bad because it was the wrong movie, not (just) because it was a bad one.

Respective tastes in games and films are subjective, but format is either correct, or it isn't.

I'm hoping there isn't a sequel to either. It's too bad FO4 already exists, but I hope FO5 doesn't happen... At least not with Bethesda at the helm.

Last edited:
It was bad because it was the wrong game; not because it was a bad game.
No, I can safely say it's bad for both reasons.

See
No, because fallout 3 is horrible on it's own merits. Even ignoring that its a sequel, it still has no worldbuilding, bland characters, horrible story, linear quests, clunky combat, and no ending.

I mean the plot itself is inconsistent with the environment its set in. 'Nuff said.

So you agree then. :roll: (and you mean 'Yes')
No. Because if it was just different but still good (like new vegas) then it's still good, like fury road is different (kind of) but good. New vegas is good on it's own merits outside of being a sequel fo3 is not.

Back